Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Shocker

UNC Football

Tar Heels going to lose to ECU today and if the AD is doing his job he has to fire Fedora.  I mean maybe wait to the seasons over but he has to be fired.  Period.  This is absolutely horrible and unacceptable.

Go ahead and fire the whole fuggin staff.  Pathetic.  Elliot just stays in there looking totally lost.  He could not be worse.  Why not fuggin try something?  Any fuggin thing.

If the Heels don’t beat Western Carolina they will go winless.  Fire Fedora!  Fire, fire fire.

2 hours ago, Shocker said:

Tar Heels going to lose to ECU today and if the AD is doing his job he has to fire Fedora.  I mean maybe wait to the seasons over but he has to be fired.  Period.  This is absolutely horrible and unacceptable.

Go ahead and fire the whole fuggin staff.  Pathetic.  Elliot just stays in there looking totally lost.  He could not be worse.  Why not fuggin try something?  Any fuggin thing.

If the Heels don’t beat Western Carolina they will go winless.  Fire Fedora!  Fire, fire fire.

ECU has beaten UNC 3 times in a row now.  Shouldn't be a shock at this point.

9 minutes ago, ECUPantherFan said:

ECU has beaten UNC 3 times in a row now.  Shouldn't be a shock at this point.

Not at all, expected.  UNC needs to fire Bubba Cunningham as well.  We have sucked forever.  Fire both the AD and coach.  Fire, fire fire

this has to be the lowest point of Fedora football. EZU is probably the worst program in the state besides UNCC. This season is going to be an absolute trainwreck and IMHO the only thing they can do to energize the team and fanbase is fire Fedora asap, roll with one of the coordinators as interim HC and get the young QBs some reps. UNC should be able to make a good hire at the end of the year - and I don't think i want Bubba Cunningham picking that person. PJ Fleck, Scott Satterfield, and Brent Venables are a couple of names I would keep an eye on. 

I am shocked at how awful Elliott has been. I looked at the schedule and don't see really any game UNC will have a chance of winning (as things currently stand) aside from maybe Pitt. 

UNC looked totally unprepared going into a hostile environment of closet duke fans playing in their super bowl. Fedora was out coached by Montgomery who himself may not make it through the season and has absolutely no business being a HC.  That idiotic penalty by the senior DL in the first half that negated a probable punt, extended the drive and led to a TD was inexcusable. Fedora football summed up in one play. 

At least basketball season is around the corner! 

9 hours ago, SOJA said:

We are probably the worst college football team in the nation right now 

UNC is scheduled to play UCF in Chapel Hill on Saturday. Considering we have lost now to a bad team and a very bad team, I am really hoping the game is cancelled due to Hurricane Florence. 

Fedora and Bubba need to be on the same bus out of Carolina

Mack Brown needs to be brought in as AD

And tg hey need to get serious with this Hire.

Guys i want them to look at

1. Scott Satterfield- offer him the $$.  Him as the HC and Brown as the AD is best case scenario 

2. Mike Stoops- Oklahoma  DC, brother of Bob Stoops

On 9/10/2018 at 5:02 PM, ncfan said:

Fedora and Bubba need to be on the same bus out of Carolina

Mack Brown needs to be brought in as AD

And tg hey need to get serious with this Hire.

Guys i want them to look at

1. Scott Satterfield- offer him the $$.  Him as the HC and Brown as the AD is best case scenario 

2. Mike Stoops- Oklahoma  DC, brother of Bob Stoops

agreed. there's no reason UNC shouldn't be a borderline perennial top 25 team in the country. This is ridiculous 

I mean the only teams he has beat out of our last 18 games are Western Carolina, the Citadel,  Old Dominion, and Pitt

The guy has to go, and Bubba needa to go too

On 9/9/2018 at 2:11 PM, 4Corners said:

this has to be the lowest point of Fedora football. EZU is probably the worst program in the state besides UNCC. This season is going to be an absolute trainwreck and IMHO the only thing they can do to energize the team and fanbase is fire Fedora asap, roll with one of the coordinators as interim HC and get the young QBs some reps. UNC should be able to make a good hire at the end of the year - and I don't think i want Bubba Cunningham picking that person. PJ Fleck, Scott Satterfield, and Brent Venables are a couple of names I would keep an eye on. 

I am shocked at how awful Elliott has been. I looked at the schedule and don't see really any game UNC will have a chance of winning (as things currently stand) aside from maybe Pitt. 

UNC looked totally unprepared going into a hostile environment of closet duke fans playing in their super bowl. Fedora was out coached by Montgomery who himself may not make it through the season and has absolutely no business being a HC.  That idiotic penalty by the senior DL in the first half that negated a probable punt, extended the drive and led to a TD was inexcusable. Fedora football summed up in one play. 

At least basketball season is around the corner! 

Three in a row.  Each one was an absolute ass kicking.

55-31

70-41

41-19

Sit down now, little angry SJW and take your medicine.  Just be thankful Florence spared you from a 4+ TD beatdown from UCF.

ecu.png

3 hours ago, ECUPantherFan said:

Three in a row.  Each one was an absolute ass kicking.

55-31

70-41

41-19

Sit down now, little angry SJW and take your medicine.  Just be thankful Florence spared you from a 4+ TD beatdown from UCF.

ecu.png

Wow that is rich an EZU fan mocking UNC for cancelling their game Saturday. Last I checked EZU weaseled out of their game in Blacksburg this weekend and VT isn’t too happy about it. At least the UNC game was going to be affected by the storm. EZU saw an opportunity to back out of a bloodbath and jumped on it. 

What do you think was going to happen in the EZU/VT game? Do you think because you beat a terrible UNC team with a dead man walking as a coach - this was going to miraculously turn around your season? EZU has played two FCS teams in their first two games and only managed to beat one of them. 

On 9/11/2018 at 6:36 PM, ncfan said:

I mean the only teams he has beat out of our last 18 games are Western Carolina, the Citadel,  Old Dominion, and Pitt

The guy has to go, and Bubba needa to go too

I am grateful for the way Bubba and Fedora handled themselves for the witch hunt NCAA garbage. However, Fedora needs to be replaced ASAP and they need to re-evaluate Bubba. I don’t want him picking the next coach considering the resources available  and appeal of the football job. Scott Saterfield, Brent Venables, and PJ Fleck are all guys that should be on the interview list. 

10 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

Wow that is rich an EZU fan mocking UNC for cancelling their game Saturday. Last I checked EZU weaseled out of their game in Blacksburg this weekend and VT isn’t too happy about it. At least the UNC game was going to be affected by the storm. EZU saw an opportunity to back out of a bloodbath and jumped on it. 

What do you think was going to happen in the EZU/VT game? Do you think because you beat a terrible UNC team with a dead man walking as a coach - this was going to miraculously turn around your season? EZU has played two FCS teams in their first two games and only managed to beat one of them. 

I'm pissed that the Virginia Tech game was canceled.  We owe them some payback, and I feel like they are riding high after beating a terrible FSU team and blowing out Bill & Mary.  Primed for an upset.  We have lost the last 2 vs Tech, but won the 2 before that.   And nobody knows what Florence is going to do - early projections for Blacksburg were terrible, and they're still not great.

ECU has a dead man walking as a coach as well.  What is your point?  If anything, Scottie Montgomery has a WAY hotter seat than Fedora.  UNC is supposed to be much better than ECU... much more $, better facilities, better recruiting, blah blah blah.  But 3 ass kickings in a row now has got to do serious damage to the psyche of the players and fans down in Crapel Hole.

14 minutes ago, ECUPantherFan said:

I'm pissed that the Virginia Tech game was canceled.  We owe them some payback, and I feel like they are riding high after beating a terrible FSU team and blowing out Bill & Mary.  Primed for an upset.  We have lost the last 2 vs Tech, but won the 2 before that.   And nobody knows what Florence is going to do - early projections for Blacksburg were terrible, and they're still not great.

ECU has a dead man walking as a coach as well.  What is your point?  If anything, Scottie Montgomery has a WAY hotter seat than Fedora.  UNC is supposed to be much better than ECU... much more $, better facilities, better recruiting, blah blah blah.  But 3 ass kickings in a row now has got to do serious damage to the psyche of the players and fans down in Crapel Hole.

You were not going to get any sort of payback vs VT. You don’t honestly think you had a chance of winning, do you? EZU was walking into a bloodbath on Saturday and that’s why the administration jumped at the opportunity to postpone the game.  

It’s the smart play if you think about it. EZU just won their super bowl against an absolutely awful UNC team and has helped wash some of the bad taste of losing to powerhouse NCA&T out of everyone’s mouths and maybe help Mo and company restore a little faith in the Pirates Club and administration - what better way to kill the buzz than by going up to Blacksburg and getting curb stomped?

im not going to go back and forth with you comparing UNC to EZU. There isn’t any comparison. UNC is superior to EZU in every aspect aside from there being sluttier girls in Greenville and $20 goes a lot further at a bar. UNC football is certainly at a low point but we will rebound and will have a choice of premium, top shelf candidates to chose from when Fedora is finally fired. At least UNC fans, grads, and students have basketball season to look forward to - the same can not be said about EZU. 

Heard something yesterday that was interesting

Its obvious we have to cut ties with Fedora this year.

And a big reseason we need to bite the bullet and make the big buyout. There is ZERO competition this year

All the major blue blood schools have hired someone the last 2 years and wont cut ties, or the program is set 
Lets look at the $EC 
Alabama- Saban aint going anywhere 
Auburn- Malzaun going nowhere 
Arkansas- just hired Chad Morris this year 
LSU- Orgeron looks safe 
Miss State- just hired Moorehead this year 
Ole Miss- just promoted Matt Luke to Hc 
TA&M- just got Jimbo this year 
UGA- Smart aint going nowhere 
Kentucky- will probably give stoops a extension 
South Carolina- Muschamp only in season 3 
Florida- just hired Mullen 
Tennessee- just hired Pruitt 
Missouri- Barry Odom is only in his 3rd season 
Vandy- Derek Mason, in his 5th season but just dont see them as threat in coaching search

Big10 
Ohio State, Penn State, Wisconing coaches not going anywhere 
Michigan- think Harbaugh stays atleast one more year. If not they may go Les Miles who is a Michigan alum and they tried every coaching search to poach him from LSU. 
Michigan State- doesnt look to be firing their coach 
Nebraska- just hired frost

Big12 
Oklahoma- coach is set 
Texas- just in year 2 of Herman 
Ok state- not firing their coach

Pac12- USC, Oregon, Washington, Stanford coaches are set 
UCLA, Arizona, Arizona state just made changes.

Notre Dame- Kelly isnt getting fired

ACC- Miami, VT, Clemson coaches going no where 
FSU- isnt going to fire a coach in 1 year

There is literally little to no competition for coaching search this year. We could get who we want, the top candidate this year.