Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Shocker

UNC Football

1 hour ago, ncfan said:

Heard something yesterday that was interesting

Its obvious we have to cut ties with Fedora this year.

And a big reseason we need to bite the bullet and make the big buyout. There is ZERO competition this year

All the major blue blood schools have hired someone the last 2 years and wont cut ties, or the program is set 
Lets look at the $EC 
Alabama- Saban aint going anywhere 
Auburn- Malzaun going nowhere 
Arkansas- just hired Chad Morris this year 
LSU- Orgeron looks safe 
Miss State- just hired Moorehead this year 
Ole Miss- just promoted Matt Luke to Hc 
TA&M- just got Jimbo this year 
UGA- Smart aint going nowhere 
Kentucky- will probably give stoops a extension 
South Carolina- Muschamp only in season 3 
Florida- just hired Mullen 
Tennessee- just hired Pruitt 
Missouri- Barry Odom is only in his 3rd season 
Vandy- Derek Mason, in his 5th season but just dont see them as threat in coaching search

Big10 
Ohio State, Penn State, Wisconing coaches not going anywhere 
Michigan- think Harbaugh stays atleast one more year. If not they may go Les Miles who is a Michigan alum and they tried every coaching search to poach him from LSU. 
Michigan State- doesnt look to be firing their coach 
Nebraska- just hired frost

Big12 
Oklahoma- coach is set 
Texas- just in year 2 of Herman 
Ok state- not firing their coach

Pac12- USC, Oregon, Washington, Stanford coaches are set 
UCLA, Arizona, Arizona state just made changes.

Notre Dame- Kelly isnt getting fired

ACC- Miami, VT, Clemson coaches going no where 
FSU- isnt going to fire a coach in 1 year

There is literally little to no competition for coaching search this year. We could get who we want, the top candidate this year.

Brent Vernables is the name to keep an eye on. I believe his wife went to UNC. Another guy is PJ Fleck - as rumors were circulating two years ago he wanted the UNC job bad when Fedora was being linked to Tennessee and other jobs. Man things can change quick - Fedora will be lucky to be an OC at a P5 job after the shitshow he has turned UNC football into. 

11 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

Brent Vernables is the name to keep an eye on. I believe his wife went to UNC. Another guy is PJ Fleck - as rumors were circulating two years ago he wanted the UNC job bad when Fedora was being linked to Tennessee and other jobs. Man things can change quick - Fedora will be lucky to be an OC at a P5 job after the shitshow he has turned UNC football into. 

Fleck Just got hired at Minnesota, being so soon im sure his buyout would be steep.  And we would already be paying a steep buyout for Fedora on top

Just now, ncfan said:

Fleck Just got hired at Minnesota, being so soon im sure his buyout would be steep.  And we would already be paying a steep buyout for Fedora on top

Yes I am aware of Fleck’s status. I don’t know how much of a problem it would be for UNC considering they have a ton of money and resources, and I am not sure if they would even be interested in him now anyway. Fleck may not even be interested. 

Another guy I think to keep an eye on is App state’s Scott Satterfield. He is from the area. I saw that ASU inked him to a 2 year contract extension which was incredibly smart and proactive on their part because you gotta think UNC will want to talk to him. 

Knowing how things have played out latelty I’m sure Bubba will hire some uninspiring no name coordinator from like Tulane or bowling Green.  

45 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

Yes I am aware of Fleck’s status. I don’t know how much of a problem it would be for UNC considering they have a ton of money and resources, and I am not sure if they would even be interested in him now anyway. Fleck may not even be interested. 

Another guy I think to keep an eye on is App state’s Scott Satterfield. He is from the area. I saw that ASU inked him to a 2 year contract extension which was incredibly smart and proactive on their part because you gotta think UNC will want to talk to him. 

Knowing how things have played out latelty I’m sure Bubba will hire some uninspiring no name coordinator from like Tulane or bowling Green.  

I LOVE Satterfield and really want him

He did just ink that deal.

But i guarantee his buyout at App is cheaper than a Big10 schools coach 1 year into the contract.

And as deep as people think the heels pockets are itd be tough to budget both buyouts for UNC

Another one that interests me is Penn States OC. 

https://onwardstate.com/2018/08/15/ricky-rahne-named-to-espns-college-football-40-under-40/

Then he can bring on Penn States WR coach as OC.  Both are heavy hitter recruiters especially around the 757 area.  And the WR coach is from Salisbury 

I like the Les Miles angle...he would turn this around very quickly.  Still...if the right person talks to Mack Brown as AD I think that makes sense.

Mack took this program to the very top in terms of talent.  

19 hours ago, Shocker said:

I like the Les Miles angle...he would turn this around very quickly.  Still...if the right person talks to Mack Brown as AD I think that makes sense.

Mack took this program to the very top in terms of talent.  

Miles is a name that I think will be considered. 

Another guy to think about, if you really want to think outside of the box, Bill O’Brien. U gotta think if Texans don’t make the playoffs he will be fired, and he may not make it through the season. 

Regret watching the Heels today.  I mean how brutal a loss, almost as bad as last week.  They are finding new and exciting ways to lose atp.  I fuggin hate Fedora right now.  And Bubba too.  Hate!  It is absolutely unacceptable that Fedora is still the coach.

Bunting was 8-15 over his last 2 seasons

Fedora HAS to win 4 out of his last 5 this year to MATCH Bunting over the last 2 seasons

Also take away Fedora's 1 fluke season in 2015

He is 33-36 over the other 6 seasons

In comparison 

Tom O'brian was 40-35 over his 6 seasons prior to being canned

Its obvious, we have to can him

We arent going to sign a 4* or higher this class either.  Which will make 2 out of the last 4 classes we've done that.

Hope to wake up to some good news on Sunday or Monday about fedora being fired. The entire coaching staff as well as the strength and conditioning coach needs to be removed ASAP. 

Not that it matters, but very questionable calls against UNC today. ACC needed another team in an upper echelon bowl game?

Fedora being Fedora

Game blown in OT

Game ends in a fight

But..........not according to Fedora

The guy who claimed CTE is made up claims there was no fight nothing more than the other team celebrating 

But you decide

How can be retained is mind blowing and Bubba would have to fall on a sword to make the move to keep him

Really good news. Everyone on the football staff needs to be told to pack their sh1t. I’d tell the staff that they have until 2pm today to have all their personal belongings off the premises or it will be kept and sold at auction to help pay off some of the buyout for Fedora. 

Very excited. This era and season is now OVER and I expect them to make a great hire. Will easily be one of the best jobs available.