• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Butterflyj30

I Think We Will See More of DJ Moore

35 minutes ago, CPF4LIFE said:

Name one receiver that has really developed under a Ron rivera team? 

Damiere Byrd probably qualifies and Ted Ginn had a career revival under Ron, but you’re right. Hoping that changes with the focus on speed guys now instead big and slow guys.

• Pie 1

12 minutes ago, Bartin said:

Damiere Byrd probably qualifies and Ted Ginn had a career revival under Ron, but you’re right. Hoping that changes with the focus on speed guys now instead big and slow guys.

Ted Ginn had a career revival with Cam. I don't how Ron even matters in this equations.

He did not sign Ted Ginn. He did not coach Ted Ginn. And he did not even throw the football to Ted Ginn. 

• Pie 1

16 minutes ago, mikeholiday said:

Ted Ginn had a career revival with Cam. I don't how Ron even matters in this equations.

He did not sign Ted Ginn. He did not coach Ted Ginn. And he did not even throw the football to Ted Ginn. 

Betcha can't name two (nah, make that just one!)  HC that's thrown a ball to a WR.  Another irrelevancy  to be hung up about.  Amazing how so many threads here quickly segue into a critique of Coach Rivera.  First he never changes his allegiance to vets (then leaves Amini on the bench), then he can't ever change his ways, or his mind (then he sees that Moore's ready for the big time.  Guy can't win with all the armchair coaches here.

• Pie 2

6 minutes ago, bigdavis said:

Betcha can't name two (nah, make that just one!)  HC that's thrown a ball to a WR.  Another irrelevancy  to be hung up about.  Amazing how so many threads here quickly segue into a critique of Coach Rivera.  First he never changes his allegiance to vets (then leaves Amini on the bench), then he can't ever change his ways, or his mind (then he sees that Moore's ready for the big time.  Guy can't win with all the armchair coaches here.

Just said it does not make much sense to give Rivera credit for Ginn's production. That is all. 

2 minutes ago, mikeholiday said:

Just said it does not make much sense to give Rivera credit for Ginn's production. That is all. 

I agree with you on that.  Sorry that my frustration with all the other posts spilled over onto you.

Someone needs to explain to Ron that when you have dynamic, electric players, you play them. Just being a veteran does not qualify you to be on the field over a better player.

Ron frustrates me because I like so much of what he's about. If he could get past his blind spots, he could be an all-time great coach.

I would like to know for sure before Sunday at 1 PM EST. 

The reason for so few snaps is that he is being given time at each receiving position. This is a trainee period of sorts while the offense tries to maintain continuity. I expect he will be starting beginning in Week 5. However, he let the cat out of the bag in Week 1 of the preseason. Sundays run was similar to the preseason play and he still didn't get playing time.

27 minutes ago, run-run-pass-punt said:

Someone needs to explain to Ron that when you have dynamic, electric players, you play them. Just being a veteran does not qualify you to be on the field over a better player.

Ron frustrates me because I like so much of what he's about. If he could get past his blind spots, he could be an all-time great coach.

It helps Cam to not have to handicap the offense because a receiver doesnt know all the responsibilities yet. He's got a lot to learn before he can be in there for the hurry up and just know Cams signals.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, mikeholiday said:

You realize it was in response to a question about WRs developing on a Ron Rivera team? I guess it’s Ron’s fault if they suck or don’t develop but he has nothing to do with it if they do well.

And yes I understand that as a defensive coach he is not nearly as hands on with the development and play of the WR as he would be with the defense but he is still the head coach of the team.

7 hours ago, Professor Chaos said:

One of these days you people are likely to miss Ron. Good coaches don't just grow on trees.

Miss Cam and Luke >>>>>> Miss Ron 

Once those 2 are gone this team will drop off a lot whether Ron is here or not. 

Edited by CPF4LIFE
  • 28-3 1

I dont know about Dj Moore but yall are murdering these More/Moore puns, these are never not going to be awful. 

11 hours ago, CPcavedweller said:

It helps Cam to not have to handicap the offense because a receiver doesnt know all the responsibilities yet. He's got a lot to learn before he can be in there for the hurry up and just know Cams signals.

I hear ya Ron.

Would just like to remind everyone that a year ago today Alvin Kamara was hardly playing and was a third string RB behind Ingram and AP. Everyone needs to relax about DJ Moore. He's only 21 and came from a very simple offense in college. His talent is obvious and any week now he'll start seeing much more touches and hopefully burst onto the scene.

And for anyone that is worried about Torrey Smith or for those of you who think Rivera is too loyal to vets, think back to Jason Avant in 2014. After it was clear that him and Cam just didn't have good chemistry together, Avant hardly played and eventually got cut. It's starting to look to me like Torrey Smith is like Avant and just doesn't fit where Wright is more like Cotchery. With Moore emerging and Samuel back soon, I can guarantee you that Torrey Smith will start seeing less time on the field unless he starts consistently producing