• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Sam Mills Fan

The 2 worst teams in the league have former Panther coordinators as their coaches

Sean McDermott and Steve Wilks are high on the list of next coach to be fired according to Vegas. The only other Rivera coordinator to get a job was Chud and we saw how that worked out in Cleveland.

Can we draw any conclusions about Ron Rivera from this or do you think this is just a coincidence?

Edited by Sam Mills Fan
  • Pie 3
  • Beer 1
  • Poo 3

They thought the grass would be greener elsewhere but I don't fault them for taking a chance at opportunity. The problem is they walked into totally different situation than what was here at their departure... and I hope Payton get fired.

• Pie 1

Yeh, bad teams get new coaches,..

also which Belicheck coordinator is winning as a HC? None

so what. 

16 minutes ago, Sam Mills Fan said:

Sean Payton and Steve Wilks are high on the list of next coach to be fired according to Vegas. The only other Rivera coordinator to get a job was Chud and we saw how that worked out in Cleveland.

Can we draw any conclusions about Ron Rivera from this or do you think this is just a coincidence?

Sean Payton is the head coach for New Orleans and has won a super bowl. 

Sean McDermott is the head coach for Buffalo. 

1 minute ago, jbland said:

Sean Payton is the head coach for New Orleans and has won a super bowl. 

Sean McDermott is the head coach for Buffalo. 

lol oops

17 minutes ago, Sam Mills Fan said:

Sean Payton and Steve Wilks are high on the list of next coach to be fired according to Vegas. The only other Rivera coordinator to get a job was Chud and we saw how that worked out in Cleveland.

I can see why Steve Wilks could be on the hot seat if his team continues to play poorly, but did the article say why Sean Payton is on the list? If the Saints beat Atlanta this week they could possibly be in first place (if Tampa loses) heading into game 4.

Or, did you accidentally type Payton instead of McDermott?

this is not unheard of good coordinator dont always make great head coaches, look at the Bill Belichick and his coordinators.

I would compare the Ron Rivera coaching tree to a Bradford Pear - weak as poo and a disaster waiting to happen.

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1

2 hours ago, countryboi said:

this is not unheard of good coordinator dont always make great head coaches, look at the Bill Belichick and his coordinators.

Good point. Wade Phillips is one of the best DEFENSIVE coordinators in the NFL and has been for years. No knowledgeable football fan will dispute that. But, his head coaching resume has been mediocre/average at best.

Edited by SCO96
  • Pie 1

This may not be a popular opinion, but this is confirmation for me that the real brains and motivation behind our defense is Rivera. I believe he let's his DCs add their own flavor, but our defense succeeds and fails on Rivera's command.

It's Rivera's team. And the fact that three former coordinators are struggling to put together even a mediocre team is credit to Rivera's genius. Don't get me wrong, I know he makes stupid decisions in time management and which players to start on a given Sunday. I know he struggles to get his players motivated for the start of the season and after bye weeks at times. But I daresay he's the best coach we've had in our 24 seasons as a franchise.

• Pie 7
  • Beer 2
  • Poo 1