• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Eazy-E

Are we really about to start Colin Jones at safety?

Correct me if I am wrong but Searcy is in the protocol which means we have 3 safeties on the roster. We all know Ron loves vets so I am going out on a limb to say Jones will get the start on Sunday. I know we don’t give a flying fug about the safety position but to go into a game with only 3 healthy safeties seems crazy given our luck with injuries this year.

Am I missing something?

Edited by Eazy-E
  • Pie 1

Pretty insane since there are quality(didn’t say great) safeties that are still unsigned who would be a huge upgrade over Jones. Dalton has to be smiling.

• Pie 3

You’re only as strong as your weakest link.  If the front four can’t create pressure this Sunday, we just might be horse fuged.

• Beer 1

Not only are we starting Colin Jones at safety but also Corn Elder at CB#2.

Green, Boyd, and Ross are going to absolutely cook us.  The only hope is the pass rush pressuring Dalton like they did Dak week 1.

Crazy? or extremely predictable. 

Colin Jones has been inserted into the starting role for us every year for several seasons....  And we pretty much know the answer to what he will bring Sunday as well.   Don't know what Ron will do.  Hopefully by now he knows Jones is a special teamer and that is it. 

5 minutes ago, Bartin said:

Gaulden played 27 defensive snaps after Searcy went out and Jones only played 6 after Jones played exclusively replacing Searcy in Week 1. Gaulden may be the guy.

Source: https://www.panthers.com/news/snap-counts-carolina-at-atlanta

But let's not let facts disrupt another sky is falling thread.

That doesn't make me anymore confident.  Gaulden is not good enough to be a starting safety yet (may be later?).  They are both equally bad options as a starter.

mmmmmmmmmm dat secondary. Honestly being at home and our line not being held or chop blocked on every down, think we can get the pressure we need.

Rivera did say that he wanted Gaulden to eventually be the Big Nickel CB and looking towards next year when(if) TD retires that means we need another safety which is at least promising that they might need to actually invest in the position since it will require 3 starter level safeties to run the formation like that.

15 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Rivera...

Someone would probably have to go back and watch but I wonder what the substitution pattern was against Atlanta that led to Gaulden getting 27 snaps and Jones only getting 6 since I'm sure the plan was for them to share after Searcy went out then as well. Gaulden in pass situations and Jones in obvious run situations? It's at least promising to me that the young guy got the lion's share of the snaps after Jones got all of them the previous week.

37 minutes ago, Bartin said:

Gaulden played 27 defensive snaps after Searcy went out and Jones only played 6 after Jones played exclusively replacing Searcy in Week 1. Gaulden may be the guy.

Source: https://www.panthers.com/news/snap-counts-carolina-at-atlanta

But let's not let facts disrupt another sky is falling thread.

Pretty sure no official statement has been made. But huddle don't care, because they know everything!!

Worse than a 17 year old. 

• Pie 1