• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

3 minutes ago, Toolbox said:

I rather he didn't play until absolutely 100%..

There’s plenty of stress on the feet when running and cutting full speed. I’d be surprised if he finished the game. 

• Beer 1

I doubt he's being rushed back. Its not like this is a soft tissue problem that's difficult to monitor. They can tell what's i dou on with that bone via x-ray. If it's healed, it's healed. It's not going to get any better and waiting longer won't help.

• Pie 3

Thomas needs some seasoning....maybe having Greg in there playing will help him.  Nothing like watching and learning from the best.  Plus Thomas will get his share of reps.

Got to love Greg's desire to play.....and win!!!

Edited by ladypanther

3 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yep, it's probably highly likely to re-break hence why they're saying he'll probably need off-season surgery. If it's as good as it's going to get without surgery, might as well go ahead and play him and hope for the best. Surgery means IR either way.

I don't think that it's a given he will break it again, if it was, I think the Panthers would have opted for surgery and put him on short-term IR him.

However, the fact he will eventually need surgery does mean it's not 100% and I wonder if he will be able to play at the level we've come to expect.

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I doubt he's being rushed back. Its not like this is a soft tissue problem that's difficult to monitor. They can tell what's i dou on with that bone via x-ray. If it's healed, it's healed. It's not going to get any better and waiting longer won't help.

There is no way it is "healed", zero chance.

29 minutes ago, Seltzer said:

I don't think that it's a given he will break it again [You are correct, he won't break it again, because it is still broken.] , if it was, I think the Panthers would have opted for surgery and put him on short-term IR.

However, the fact he will eventually need surgery does mean it's not 100% [You can rest assured it is not 100%, if it were he would not "eventually need surgery".] and I wonder if he will be able to play at the level we've come to expect [Miracles do happen.].

5 hours ago, jfra78 said:

the way they described this injury is that it could just happen anytime, doesnt matter how long they wait. So why wait

Seem to recall similar rumblings about Jon Beasons achilles.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Seltzer said:

I don't think that it's a given he will break it again, if it was, I think the Panthers would have opted for surgery and put him on short-term IR him.

However, the fact he will eventually need surgery does mean it's not 100% and I wonder if he will be able to play at the level we've come to expect.

If they had done surgery during the season, I don't think returned this year would've been a possibility. It was probably a decision that Greg and the team both agreed upon. Let it heal as best it can without surgery and hope for the best. Fix it properly in the off-season. 

54 minutes ago, Billy_T said:

There is no way it is "healed", zero chance.

It's healed the best it can without surgery to stabilize it. There's zero chance that it's still "broken".

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

It's healed the best it can without surgery to stabilize it. There's zero chance that it's still "broken".

It's either healed or still broken...."best it can does" not constitute "healed".

If it were truly "healed" they would say he is 100% with no restrictions and clearly that is not the case.

18 minutes ago, Billy_T said:

It's either healed or still broken...."best it can does" not constitute "healed".

If it were truly "healed" they would say he is 100% with no restrictions and clearly that is not the case.

It's healed to the best of it's ability without a surgical procedure to stabilize it. I'm not sure why that's so difficult for you to understand.

The Olsen news makes my avatar happy.

Also related:

Edited by trueblade