• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

16 hours ago, USC/panthers_11 said:

Wow, 14 years? I was stationed at Kunsan AFB in 2003-2004. It was an interesting experience, but I was glad to come back after serving my year.

The Melting Pot is the only place I know of in the US that brings the food to your table to cook. I'm sure there are a few others but its no where near as popular as it is in Korea. 

I landed here in 2004. You would not believe how so many things have changed since then. I dont mean about infrastructure or food...but more about the culture. 2004 ppl here were so conservative...gawked at foreigners. These days? Its like Japan. Noone cares. Just go to work and make money..and party afterward~

Considering that we're playing Washington, pork would have been the appropriate menu item, but with the recent change in weather (plus a round of head colds at the house), it'll be a big pot of Chuckwagon Chili and a cake of cornbread.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, coralreefer_1 said:

Man i am so sick of bulgogi. I much rather prefer grilled makchang (chitlins) or battered and fried chicken ass ( gizzards). I call it ass because Bourdain on a long lost Korean episode of No Reservations called it simply ass! The locals seems to enjoy that title~

I have a Korean wife and she eats things I will not touch like blood sausage and kimchi that has fish sauce in it or to hot. Radish soup is good to have to and it is a traditional New Years meal also. I served 2 years in Korea 87-89 in Yongsan, Seoul and seen food that was eaten while it was alive like octopus.

Edited by rbsponsel52
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

(Leftovers)

Homemade Edamame pasta with roasted Zucchini & yellow squash tossed in Avocado oil with red pepper flake, roasted garlic & parsley topped with a baked fresh caught wild salmon filet.

Edited by PurityControl
  • Pie 1

Nothing special today just some homemade beef tacos and will probably grab a root beer from the store.

• Pie 2

Unexpectedly got the day off.  Will have a late breakfast.....some biscuits and gravy (vegetarian style...my carnivore friends love it).

For the afternoon will do snacks...have some really good cheese here calling my name.I do believe there is some Forty Creek Canadian Whiskey around here somewhere.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Probably a box of cinnamon toast crunch while I admire my obliques 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1