• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Jeremy Igo

Watched coach's film of the Panthers offense against Redskins.

When you're only catching about 40% of your targets, eventually the QB is going to stop looking your direction. Hopefully Torrey's strong perfoance down the stretch in that game will help him and Cam get on the same page.

11 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Curtis Samuel was on the bench as we threw a bubble screen to Chris Manhertz. What the actual fug.

This bothers me the most. We have a real weapon sitting on the bench.  I'm losing faith in Norv and Rivera.

• Pie 5

Yep I saw that also with Torrey, but Funchess did had his guy beat

The redskins didn’t get a lot of sacks but Cam was under constant pressure, even on that last drive he was throwing in a muddy pocket 

• Pie 2

I would like to see Cam in practice throwing deep balls to his receivers to see if his deep ball really has a problem or not,..

like has his shoulder fully recovered or are we trying to mask a problem—

the yips? It’s common after a shoulder injury.

• Pie 3

3 minutes ago, billionairemonk said:

you can't fix stupid.

Yeh letting Samuel sit on the bench the whole game, all runs on the first drive all have to be up there,.

• Pie 1

46 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Curtis Samuel was on the bench as we threw a bubble screen to Chris Manhertz. What the actual fug.

Hard to improve execution if your talent isn't even on the field.

• Pie 1

Your last statement is very shula-esque and that's what kind of concerning. Lack of Anderson, no Samuel... is there too many possible targets for Norv to incorporate?

I have no idea why you would ever throw a screen pass to Chris Manhertz when you have CMC, Samuel, Moore, and Byrd on the roster. Hell, even CJ took a screen to the house earlier this year. Screens should go to YAC guys. Literally all of the yardage you're going to get out of a screen pass is going to be YAC.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

According to Rivera, Funchess ran a double move and had a couple of steps on Norman, had the QB shoulder not been hit could have been a TD. 

I would have agreed with your conclusion about Torrey Smith, until I watched the second to last drive. It seems that Cam is very comfortable with targeting Torrey on comeback and crossing routes. 

Curtis Samuel only playing 3 snaps is criminal. He can make things happen and I thought the coaches recognized that after he broke 5 tackles on 1 play. He also was able to get consistent separation on the outside against both Giants CBs.

Chris Manhertz should not be playing over Ian Thomas. Ian Thomas can block as well. Yes he will make mistakes but he will at least show up on the defenders radar. Manhertz is a self check. 

We give Defenses a break when we don't put our best personnel on the field. 

Edited by gmonjimbo
  • Pie 4

Gotta figure its tough for Olsen to block effectively with a broken foot

• Pie 1

20 minutes ago, gmonjimbo said:

According to Rivera, Funchess ran a double move and had a couple of steps on Norman, had the QB shoulder not been hit could have been a TD. 

I would have agreed with your conclusion about Torrey Smith, until I watched the second to last drive. It seems that Cam is very comfortable with targeting Torrey on comeback and crossing routes. 

Curtis Samuel only playing 3 snaps is criminal. He can make things happen and I thought the coaches recognized that after he broke 5 tackles on 1 play. He also was able to get consistent separation on the outside against both Giants CBs.

Chris Manhertz should not be playing over Ian Thomas. Ian Thomas can block as well. Yes he will make mistakes but he will at least show up on the defenders radar. Manhertz is a self check. 

We give Defenses a break when we don't put our best personnel on the field. 

Torrey hate is to get the Huddlers riled up, he was by far the 2nd best receiver vs Redskins.

• Pie 4
  • Cargos 1

Manhertz shouldn't even be in the game or active if Greg is active. I know Thomas had some rookie mistakes last game but he is still way better than that dude. I would also put Armah way above that guy. Huge BS.

If we run the read option so much to fit Cam why can't we run the hurry up more to fit him better? I don't mind the read option some but it shouldn't be the foundation of our run game. Get the damn plays in and let Cam read the defense before 2 seconds. 

Play the WRs and rotate them in and out. Damn. Samuel needs more time and Moore took his lumps like he needed to as a rookie. Quit playing scared and it's not the 70s dammit. 

Edited by Waldo