• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

HarambeLivesOn

NFL has turned every game into the pro bowl

Adapt or die. Not sure if anyone here specifically complained, but don't get on RR about his 85 Bears mentality and then lament that the game isn't like it was in 1985.

• Pie 3
  • Cargos 1

I guess that means move all the money to the offense side and then field 22 practice squad guys on defense,...

dont even attempt to put money into stops—

just whore out the offense,..  100+ million in the offense and just focus on 50 burgers.

Maybe then we’d win 8 games!

It really sucks. I love the Panthers but fuging loathe the NFL. Will we have to wait until Goodell is gone before anything changes? Will a new CBA in 2021 help?

• Pie 2

Hate the direction the league is going and if they continue too far down this path I could see myself moving on from the league. Never thought I’d say that but these games just suck nowadays. I still won’t miss a second of a Panthers game if I can help it but have stopped watching a lot of other games I’d have watched in the past. It’s a shame.

• Pie 8

Just now, t96 said:

Hate the direction the league is going and if they continue too far down this path I could see myself moving on from the league. Never thought I’d say that but these games just suck nowadays. I still won’t miss a second of a Panthers game if I can help it but have stopped watching a lot of other games I’d have watched in the past. It’s a shame.

Ratings are up because teams are way more exciting than last year when terrible QB play and injured QBs abounded and no one wanted to watch that garbage. So I expect you'll be disappointed watching those sucky, entertaining games.

1 minute ago, Eazy-E said:

It really sucks. I love the Panthers but fuging loathe the NFL. Will we have to wait until Goodell is gone before anything changes? Will a new CBA in 2021 help?

The changes reflect changing culture in the country that the owners see and are adjusting to so they can maximize profits. Goodell is completely irrelevant. His job is to be the owners’ shield from fan criticism and he does it damn well. I have no issue with him and nor should anyone else.

• Pie 1

Just now, t96 said:

Yeah man I am in the same boat. The NBA and MLB for example are at least trying to make changes to make the viewing experience better for the fans. Even their rule changes have had a positive reception for the most part.

The NFL on the other hand continues to give a big middle finger to the people who support them. The only good thing they have done recently was decrease the down time for commercials and there are still a fug ton. It isn't a bad thing to admit you are wrong either. Every rule change they have made has been a completely disaster and instead of trying to fix it they double down and say it is about player safety while at the same time trying to push for a longer season. It's a fuging joke.

• Pie 1

It’s what youngsters want to see, it’s what people who watch only for “fantasy” want to see.  They might as well get rid of defenses all together and put a bunch of tackling dummies out there.

• Pie 3

There are 11 QB's with a rating above 100 and at least 20 with over 90. They got what they wanted with rigging and soft play to inflate numbers and turn this into arena football. If it keeps going this route, i'll be done. It's getting less and less fun especially with Chowda Paaants don't get no penalties but video shows consistent holding on every play.

• Pie 1

49 minutes ago, JARROD said:

I guess that means move all the money to the offense side and then field 22 practice squad guys on defense,...

dont even attempt to put money into stops—

just whore out the offense,..  100+ million in the offense and just focus on 50 burgers.

Maybe then we’d win 8 games!

Actually.. Might actually be on to something there tbh