• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

SJTG4

Have you ever seen our D-Line manhandled like this?

Slow, not physical, taking plays off. I still think the refs are allowing more holding, but the past two games just seem lazy on the front.

Zero stunts. We have our interior line pushing outside and our ends dropping into zone or pushing up field.

This is bad coaching.

• Pie 5

But it's also worth noting that Smith, besides the roll out, gets the ball out within 2-3 seconds and that has been the case all season. 

2 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

I hate seeing Peppers drop back into coverage.

I loved it when he was younger.

I remember him returning an interception something like 96 yards.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 3

1 minute ago, RumHam said:

But it's also worth noting that Smith, besides the roll out, gets the ball out within 2-3 seconds and that has been the case all season. 

We weren't utilizing the Dline to take away those passing lanes though. Instead we were playing contain D to keep smith in the pocket. I am surprised Washington went with this approach. We should of made Smith beat us with his legs.

• Pie 1

They've been playing like there was a Thanksgiving turkey dinner served up right before game time. They look like they'd rather be on the couch watching the game, working on a nap.

Edit to add: And when have we ever seen KK get knocked around like that? He was getting pinballed like a little person stuck on the dance floor when "I Like Big Butts" gets played.

Edited by Khyber53
  • Pie 1

4 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

They've been playing like there was a Thanksgiving turkey dinner served up right before game time. They look like they'd rather be on the couch watching the game, working on a nap.

Edit to add: And when have we ever seen KK get knocked around like that? He was getting pinballed like a little person stuck on the dance floor when "I Like Big Butts" gets played.

It was one play. The second one he was pushed over the legs of another player and in the third play the guards had handfuls of KK's jersey. That went uncalled on both O lines for most of the game. 

They had a bad game, exacerbated by the turnovers.

We need a savage on this Dline.

I would trade a 1st round and 2nd round pick for Von Miller.

Players haven't been without some gaffes. But with the amount of investment we make not just in personnel on defense, but staff and philosophy as well, there's no excuse to look that sloppy. Remember we've been making it a point on mostly keeping staff hires in house so it's even more baffling to look so lost on defense.

Edited by TheRed
  • Pie 1

One thing that jumps out to me is we played a 3 man game on the right side. Nobody was head up on the center, the guard was shaded and the end was wide. I'm guessing the intent was for the DE or whoever, to loop back. Problem is if they get caught up in the trash, there is a huge field of vision for the QB in the middle of the field. The trash has been happening, because our D line in ALWAYS on the ground. WTF is up with the S&C coach? Just let them play man up and press the pocket/get hands up.

• Pie 1
  • 28-3 1

The issue with our DL is that our top 6 players are all nearing 30 or over 30. They're all nearing the end of their primes or already past their primes. The young depth behind them is scarily lacking. It's time to admit that Butler is a bust and all of our young DEs are late round picks or UDFA projects. Ealy and Butler represent our only recent major investments in young DL talent and unfortunately they were both busts.

Edited by LinvilleGorge
  • Pie 8

40 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

I hate seeing Peppers drop back into coverage.

I’d much rather see him get more snaps at DT on passing downs. Poe, Love, and Butler are non existent as pass rushers. And don’t require a double team which affects the whole DL. 

Love is what he is for the price. But a 1st round pick and a semi-high $$$ FA and we still need to address the position this off-season. If not now. 

Very small silver lining. DT class is very deep this year in the draft.