• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

RumHam

Who the hell thought Wilks would be a good HC?

They made a point on the broadcast to bring up the Ron Rivera tree of coaching. You can argue McDermott got the Bills to the playoffs, but they are poo this year. Chud was one and done and doesn't have a job. Wilks is absolute garbage. Shula is buried in NY. Is there anyone that worked out anywhere? 

1 minute ago, RumHam said:

They made a point on the broadcast to bring up the Ron Rivera tree of coaching. You can argue McDermott got the Bills to the playoffs, but they are poo this year. Chud was one and done and doesn't have a job. Wilks is absolute garbage. Shula is buried in NY. Is there anyone that worked out anywhere? 

McDemott has done a great job in Buffalo.  Buffalo is gearing up for next year because they have a ton of cap space and a gazillion picks in the draft.  Buddy of mine is a scout there. 

Tons of folks here thought he would be a better HC than DC  and most thought he did great as a DC. Only a couple of us thought he blitzed too predictably.and thought Arizona was going to a tough place to win regardless of his coaching ability.  How many first time head coaches not named McVay or Peterson excel right away versus those that struggle.

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, Doc Holiday said:

Wut?

gonna file this on huddle gonna huddle. 

Defense played great last year till its age caught up to them, and the team was stupid to think that playing a bunch of older players was a good idea this year.

wilks made this same defense with worse talent look respectable. How is that not good coaching?

Saints and falcons sure scored a lot on us LY

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, jtm said:

McDemott has done a great job in Buffalo.  Buffalo is gearing up for next year because they have a ton of cap space and a gazillion picks in the draft.  Buddy of mine is a scout there. 

Agreed...bills are gonna be good in next few yrs

I'm also certain we could trade for Larry, and he'd never see the field or the ball.

• 28-3 1

he most likely got hired because of how well spoken he is. His press conferences are what won everyone on here over. 

I can't really hate on the guy when the Cardinals are a team that is so devoid of talent that no matter who was coaching them, they were going to be picking in the top 5.

2 hours ago, Saca312 said:

Rosen's been really good.

Mike McCoy is Rivera's ideal OC tbh and completely making that offense fall behind. Rosen would be fine had he not been pressured near every snap and asked to do so much with such bad playcalls.

Past games, Rosen has looked stellar. It was just an easy assignment for the Denver defense to shut down the Cards offense with how bad McCoy is as an OC.

^This

Rosen has looked fine too me. Last night he had a tipped ball (at the line of scrimmage) turn into an interception and one that his WR gave up on. He has constant pressure on him and no running game. The offensive line is a disaster....

Yes, for the second straight year, a first-year head coach with a defensive background has decided in the first season after hiring McCoy to run the offense that he should be fired. (Broncos coach Vance Joseph did it in 2017.)

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/10/19/how-long-will-steve-wilks-survive-in-arizona/

46 minutes ago, RumHam said:

Yeah its worked out about as well as people from NE. Both McD, Chud, and Wilks were hired way too early. Hopefully McD gets fired and comes back to carolina next year because he was a great DC. 

Edited by Snake

1 hour ago, panthers55 said:

Tons of folks here thought he would be a better HC than DC  and most thought he did great as a DC. Only a couple of us thought he blitzed too predictably.and thought Arizona was going to a tough place to win regardless of his coaching ability.  How many first time head coaches not named McVay or Peterson excel right away versus those that struggle.

McVay and Peterson are probably an entire IQ interval smarter than Wilks. Any decent coach can rally the troops, but if your gameplan is poo and you dont have a competent OC, then your gunna get gone quick. I feel like we can trust Tepper to bring us a young smart football mind, thats why I want the rebuild to start after this season unless we some how pull a superbowl appearance out of our ass.