Jump to content
  • Hey There!

    Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

top dawg

Curtis Samuel WILL get his shot (according to Norv)

Recommended Posts

Well,  I looked, and it seems like this would be big news considering it's what we've all been clamoring for, so if it's buried in some thread,  my apologies.

So, here we go (thanks to 247 Sports):

"The one thing that is a little bit forgotten, I think this is about his third week practicing," said Turner. "He missed most of camp, as we know, and then he obviously had a very, very serious condition. We have plans for Curtis. ... Curtis is gonna get his shot."

 

https://247sports.com/nfl/carolina-panthers/Article/Curtis-Samuel-Norv-Turner-comments-123495117/

 

The reporter, Steven Tarantino,  reported what Norv Turner said of course, but he also remarked about Panthers fans' feelings about the situation,  which is somewhat out of the ordinary because I haven't heard a whisper about disgruntlement from the likes of NFL.com, ESPN or PFT. 

 

"Throughout the past week, Carolina Panthers fans have been very curt about wanting second-year wide receiver Curtis Samuel to get more playing time...and his three snaps of offense in Week Six against the Washington Redskins led to a great deal of grumbling from fans that want to play with their new toy."

 

He says that conditioning has been the "primary" reason that Samuel has been used sparingly.  Well, now that it's been a few weeks, hopefully Samuel is ready, and hopefully Norv is giving us more than lip service.  When Samuel gets his shot, it won't be too soon. 

 

 

 

 

  • Pie 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Get his shot... at warming up a seat in Ron’s dog house.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i understand him being eased back in to the offense but that doesn't explain his snap count decreasing from the prior week.

  • Pie 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, nickzz said:

i understand him being eased back in to the offense but that doesn't explain his snap count decreasing from the prior week.

Voth said they had a specific package of plays for him but they got thrown out when we had to play catch up all game. Probably 10-15 or something since he got really winded against the Giants.

Which while I understand and it makes sense, why couldn’t they have put him into the regular plays to help with the comeback. It can’t really be that hard to make a few personnel adjustments on the fly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Bartin said:

Voth said they had a specific package of plays for him but they got thrown out when we had to play catch up all game. Probably 10-15 or something since he got really winded against the Giants.

Which while I understand and it makes sense, why couldn’t they have put him into the regular plays to help with the comeback. It can’t really be that hard to make a few personnel adjustments on the fly.

That honestly makes it seem even worse IMO. Hey, we're down and need to comeback, I know what... let's ditch that package of plays that we had in mind to involve one of our most dynamic offensive playmakers!

  • Pie 8
  • Beer 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

That honestly makes it seem even worse IMO. Hey, we're down and need to comeback, I know what... let's ditch that package of plays that we had in mind to involve one of our most dynamic offensive playmakers!

Rivera logic. 

  • Pie 2
  • Beer 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

That honestly makes it seem even worse IMO. Hey, we're down and need to comeback, I know what... let's ditch that package of plays that we had in mind to involve one of our most dynamic offensive playmakers!

It was a probably a bunch of dumb gadget plays too like reverses and crap. We did that with him last year early then again this year with DJ. Just put him in the damn offense.

  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Bartin said:

It was a probably a bunch of dumb gadget plays too like reverses and crap. We did that with him last year early then again this year with DJ. Just put him in the damn offense.

Then after he runs the wrong route and cam throws a pick, then blame who? Rivera?

  • Pie 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TheCasillas said:

Then after he runs the wrong route and cam throws a pick, then blame who? Rivera?

Umm, we blame Samuel just like how we blamed Ian Thomas for the 2 picks against the Giants and blamed DJ Moore for the 2 fumbles against the Redskins.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Bartin said:

Umm, we blame Samuel just like how we blamed Ian Thomas for the 2 picks against the Giants and blamed DJ Moore for the 2 fumbles against the Redskins.

The point is that it’s being stated that Samuel is not completely familiar with our offense, why risk that?

also, as I have said before 2nd pick was on cam not Thomas.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TheCasillas said:

The point is that it’s being stated that Samuel is not completely familiar with our offense, why risk that?

also, as I have said before 2nd pick was on cam not Thomas.

Samuel was around for the entirety of training camp and preseason. He knows the offense. He’s also not a rookie and we still use a good chunk of the old playbook as Norv has said since it’s the same verbiage, concepts and base system Shula ran.

I’m 50/50 on the 2nd pick. No one has said one way or the other if Thomas was supposed to sit down in the zone or keep running as far as I know. Could also be a blameless pick where Thomas made the right read but Cam was unable to see the read because of the pressure in his face.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

Then after he runs the wrong route and cam throws a pick, then blame who? Rivera?

 

    I mean, who are we supposed to blame in this scenario?

 

    Unless you are using sarcasm to make a point. In which case. I don't get it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, nickzz said:

i understand him being eased back in to the offense but that doesn't explain his snap count decreasing from the prior week.

Unless he was incredibly sore after the prior week.  Who knows.  But they need to get him the ball.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LOL i loved 'what do you mean panthers fans are upset, i checked the PFT comment section and didn't see anything.'

this dude can't think of anywhere panthers fans might be besides nfl.com and PFT (which is so toxic that it makes our tinderbox look like a mr. rogers episode)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×