• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

jfra78

Eagles' plan for Cam

Interesting read from Bleeding Green Nation on how Jim Scwartz might try to contain Cam this week.

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/platform/amp/2018/10/20/18002998/jim-schwartz-plan-cam-newton-eagles-philadelphia-carolina-panthers-nfl-2018-defense-matchups-week-7

The article states that Cam is more of a pocket passer than most believe.  Also, that when Cam scrambles its usually to the right.  Thats all good, but stopping it is another story.

• Beer 2

Most all QBs tend to scramble toward their throwing arm. It's a lot easier to throw on the run that way. That's why it was so infuriating that when Shula called rollouts, they were almost always to the left.

• Pie 2

I don’t know how to handle good criticism from other fanbases any more 

I’m so used to “contain Cam, double Olsen”

• Pie 2

We will win

Edited by !stUp
  • Pie 5

Kist is a decent football analyst tbh. He does criticize Cam's ball placement at times that some have argued about, but otherwise he's generally good.

2 hours ago, jfra78 said:

Interesting read from Bleeding Green Nation on how Jim Scwartz might try to contain Cam this week.

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/platform/amp/2018/10/20/18002998/jim-schwartz-plan-cam-newton-eagles-philadelphia-carolina-panthers-nfl-2018-defense-matchups-week-7

The article states that Cam is more of a pocket passer than most believe.  Also, that when Cam scrambles its usually to the right.  Thats all good, but stopping it is another story.

Interesting,  I think most of his big runs are to the left.

He is amphibious 

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Most all QBs tend to scramble toward their throwing arm. It's a lot easier to throw on the run that way. That's why it was so infuriating that when Shula called rollouts, they were almost always to the left.

That's why Tampa always used pressure to flush Vick to the opposite side. Worked pretty well too.

I was actually thinking of taking a look at Jim Schwartz versus the Panthers offense. Didn't really have time. Looks like somebody did it for me though.

Edited by Mr. Scot

55 minutes ago, beastson said:

Do we have anyone else teams need to plan for?

Ya gotta account for McCaffrey.

The Eagles D is used to practicing against Darren Sproles (though not lately).

42 minutes ago, motocross_cat said:

Interesting,  I think most of his big runs are to the left.

He is amphibious 

Only if the water is cold.

• Beer 1

Checked out the article. Boy, that's deep stuff.

This is the kind of innovative thinking that I'd like to believe our coaches are doing, or are at least capable of doing.

(I hope)

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 2