• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Sub Zero

The Whole let's trade Kemba crowd

12 hours ago, carpanfan96 said:

It's not the late lottery pick your trading him for, it's the tank that goes with it that nets the team a top 4 pick. However, I dont think they will tank. I dont think they know how to do it and MJ seems content on being a fringe 8th seed playoff type of team. 

That said, trading Kemba for picks and shedding salary the next few years while sucking and building back up young talent is the only way a small market team wins in today's NBA. 

I think Kemba is the kind of player teams who tank hope to actually get, even though tanking in no way guarantees you'll ever get one. I can't believe Borrego signed on to suck for 3 or 4 years only to hopefully remain employed long enough to actually see .500 again. I agree this team isn't a title contender but the reality is that about 26 other teams aren't either so that's not a solid reason to tank. We've got lots of young developable talent, a star in Kemba, and a new coach who appears not to be stuck in the stone ages so why not see what they can achieve?  Yeah we've got some bad contracts but who doesn't?  This team might miss the playoffs or they might be a top 5-6 seed.  At least they are finally fun to watch right?  

I think Kemba is the kind of player teams who tank hope to actually get, even though tanking in no way guarantees you'll ever get one. I can't believe Borrego signed on to suck for 3 or 4 years only to hopefully remain employed long enough to actually see .500 again. I agree this team isn't a title contender but the reality is that about 26 other teams aren't either so that's not a solid reason to tank. We've got lots of young developable talent, a star in Kemba, and a new coach who appears not to be stuck in the stone ages so why not see what they can achieve?  Yeah we've got some bad contracts but who doesn't?  This team might miss the playoffs or they might be a top 5-6 seed.  At least they are finally fun to watch right?  

They are better for sure...bridges and monk can be players...

moves like mkg to the bench...frank never playing...Parker at back up PG...Cody getting yanked out when he doesn’t play well...lamb seeing minutes decreased to monk...bridges slowly getting more time on the floor...all would never have happened LY

got to also remember...we had cho as GM and he was awful...Mitch will be much better

intersting to see how we do tonight at Philly

• Pumpkin Spice Latte 1

37 minutes ago, bull123 said:

They are better for sure...bridges and monk can be players...

moves like mkg to the bench...frank never playing...Parker at back up PG...Cody getting yanked out when he doesn’t play well...lamb seeing minutes decreased to monk...bridges slowly getting more time on the floor...all would never have happened LY

got to also remember...we had cho as GM and he was awful...Mitch will be much better

intersting to see how we do tonight at Philly

Clifford would have been making snow angels in hell before he would have ever considered making MKG a small ball 5, which is where he's been thriving this season.  Heck he would barely ever even play him at the 4.  And you're right, he had Monk buried at the end of the bench all season and Bridges would have been the same this year. And something like last night where Borrego threw his substitution pattern out the window and brought in Bismack (who hadn't played a meaningful minute all season prior) to stop them from beating us up inside would only happen due to injuries in Cliffs world. It's so nice to see a coach, you know, coaching. And the NBA is a coaches league for sure. 

Edited by tondi
  • Pie 1

1 hour ago, tondi said:

Clifford would have been making snow angels in hell before he would have ever considered making MKG a small ball 5, which is where he's been thriving this season.  Heck he would barely ever even play him at the 4.  And you're right, he had Monk buried at the end of the bench all season and Bridges would have been the same this year. And something like last night where Borrego threw his substitution pattern out the window and brought in Bismack (who hadn't played a meaningful minute all season prior) to stop them from beating us up inside would only happen due to injuries in Cliffs world. It's so nice to see a coach, you know, coaching. And the NBA is a coaches league for sure. 

I tell you what I've been surprised by how well MKG has been playing at the 4 and 5 and I liked the counter to bring in biz to rough up players last night. haha

• Pie 2
  • Pumpkin Spice Latte 1