Jump to content
  • Hey There!

    Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Jase

Authoritarianism has arrived in the tinderbox! (MAGA Pay Attention)

Recommended Posts



27 minutes ago, Jase said:

For too long, I have participated in this forum and allowed the tinderbox to be under-regulated, thinking that if we had an open forum of ideas, the good ideas would win, and the bad ideas would be shouted down.

Lately, I have learned that there is an infinite supply of bad ideas and abusive behavior, so much that we could never hope to shout them down.

So I'm just going to start banning everyone who even hints at something offensive.  First offense is a 24 hour ban, second offense is a permaban.

No more plausible deniability with vaguely offensive posts.  If something you say can be construed in any way as even mildly offensive by any minority group, you're gone.  I'm not hearing any arguments, I'm not showing any mercy.  If you think this is unfair because you are white, well yeah, it probably is.

As of now, 10 pm Eastern on October 24 2018, this policy goes into effect.  If you consider yourself part of the MAGA crowd, consider the wording of every post very carefully. Because "I didn't know what I said is offensive to the entire jewish race", or "but he called me honky first" isn't an acceptable excuse.

Feel free to use this thread to tattle nominate users who I may have missed who are ban worthy.

Thanks for your help and cooperation.

and people who aren't white and aren't of the MAGA crowd ? are they held to theses same guidelines ? if something is offensive to the MAGA crowd, does that person get the same punishment ? 

I ask because you called out white people and the MAGA crowd 

  • Beer 1
  • Poo 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Since I'm in the minority of the proper speaking, proper spelling, proper punctuating posters around these parts, I pose that those whom possess a pathetic prowess of all the previously mentioned proper posting prerequisites be permanently banned.

It is very offensive to have to read through things such as "theses" and "hyprocry" on a regular basis.

 

  • Pie 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ive long backed the lack of moderation in this forum in favor of a wide open debate on topics.  But this has stopped being a forum for debate and has become a cesspool  and haven for extremism.

 

The right wing nutjobs have become pretty unbearable but the fugtards on the left that egg them on are no better.

 

Kudos and huzzah for cleaning this place up.

  • Pie 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i just want the pre-2016 Tinderbox again. when people were incredibly rude to each other but because of the content of their garbage character and not the color of their skin.

  • Pie 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Awesome. This is a much needed change and while I worry that white supremacists will simply keep plausible deniability on their hip by coding their language - their ideas are more dangerous than slurs - I'm optimistic to see this forum cleaned up.

For my part I'm excited to be able to quit telling nazis I hope their heads get caved in by shovels and go back to constructive posting.

  • Pie 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, PhillyB said:

Awesome. This is a much needed change and while I worry that white supremacists will simply keep plausible deniability on their hip by coding their language - their ideas are more dangerous than slurs - I'm optimistic to see this forum cleaned up.

For my part I'm excited to be able to quit telling nazis I hope their heads get caved in by shovels and go back to constructive posting.

hoping someone's head get bashed in is just as bad as every other group or person who thinks its ok to hurt or kill someone not because of what they did but just because of who they are

  • Pie 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

it's about damn time. finally we can put an end to the constant cyberbullying, personal attacks, death threats, and all the other nonsense spewed by the left on this board when they have nothing constructive or civil to respond back with, so they resort to poo like this

On 7/2/2018 at 7:36 PM, Porn Shop Clerk said:

keep sucking that cocaine down, boy.  i hope it ruins your life, and the lives of everyone you love.  i hope everyone in your life turns their back on you, and you die with a fuging needle in your arm in some abandoned house that's littered with feces and infested with rats

 

i hope you have to suck a cock one day to get your cocaine, like a really fuging forceful face fug where the dude ruptures the back of your throat and you're gagging up blood and semen but he just won't stop until it's fuging limp

  • Pie 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

funny, PSC and Philly would be perma banned 10 times over if this policy was implemented a year ago

better late than never i guess 

  • Pie 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Perry Rich said:

hoping someone's head get bashed in is just as bad as every other group or person who thinks its ok to hurt or kill someone not because of what they did but just because of who they are

no it's not. if someone is bashing a black person's head in because they hate black people, a third party bashing that person's head in in defense of the victim is not "just as bad" unless you also hate black people.

ergo

proud boys and their ilk attack black people on the streets and wishing a proud boy a caved-in skull because they're attacking innocent people is not the same as attacking innocent people.

unless, of course, you sympathize with people attacking black people on the streets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also this is a good space to recommend adding a mod to the team here. @rodeo has a saintly amount of patience and a willingness to educate and explain positions rather than engage in demagoguery and would make a fair moderator. He's been a reputable member of the boards since forever and as someone who regularly patrols this subforum has his fingers on the pulse of what's afoot and whose alt is whose.

Perhaps a system of checks and balances with two moderators would be fair and effective in making the tinderbox great again.

  • Pie 1
  • Poo 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, PhillyB said:

no it's not. if someone is bashing a black person's head in because they hate black people, a third party bashing that person's head in in defense of the victim is not "just as bad" unless you also hate black people.

ergo

proud boys and their ilk attack black people on the streets and wishing a proud boy a caved-in skull because they're attacking innocent people is not the same as attacking innocent people.

unless, of course, you sympathize with people attacking black people on the streets.

1st I believe I said not for what they did but who they are … I think there's a difference... 

2nd why does it have to be a black person ? does it matter ? isn't it wrong to hurt anybody for no reason ? or is it ok to sympathize with people attacking anybody on the streets as long as they aren't black ??? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Perry Rich said:

1st I believe I said not for what they did but who they are … I think there's a difference... 

2nd why does it have to be a black person ? does it matter ? isn't it wrong to hurt anybody for no reason ? or is it ok to sympathize with people attacking anybody on the streets as long as they aren't black ??? 

are there any groups out clubbing white people over their heads because of the color of their skin?

no?????

well boy howdy it sure sounds like you don't have a point. get on the train or get run over pal

  • Pie 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×