Jump to content
  • Hey There!

    Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Definitely Not Trolling

Fire Rivera fanboys must be on vacation

Recommended Posts

27 minutes ago, JawnyBlaze said:

He didn’t have any of his usual scared fugups last game so of course people aren’t going to whine. What kind of logic is being employed in this thread?  Do I still want him gone? Of course. Is now the appropriate time to whine about it? Of course not. 

From your response I see emotion but little logic. Otherwise firing our winningest coach in the middle of a likely playoff run makes no sense at all. After the season is the time for these threads not at 5-2 after 2 huge wins.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Man reading this thread you get a 100 different rocket scientist with 100 different  opinions of why they think this or that.

i have always kept my praise of Rivera to the fact that good, bad or ugly he wins games. I don’t know about y’all but I like coaches who consistently win games. 

Rivers is the 5th winningest coach in the NFL over the last 5 1/2 years(1/2 is from this season).

I don’t care if they are ugly or not, just win baby!

as long as he keeps winning I want Rivera here.

 

  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Doc Holiday said:

Man reading this thread you get a 100 different rocket scientist with 100 different  opinions of why they think this or that.

i have always kept my praise of Rivera to the fact that good, bad or ugly he wins games. I don’t know about y’all but I like coaches who consistently win games. 

Rivers is the 5th winningest coach in the NFL over the last 5 1/2 years(1/2 is from this season).

I don’t care if they are ugly or not, just win baby!

as long as he keeps winning I want Rivera here.

 

That's all your care about is winning regular season games?

  • Pie 2
  • Poo 2
  • 28-3 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/29/2018 at 10:39 PM, bigdavis said:

WHERE DID YOU GET THAT ABSURD IDEA?  PLEASE CITE YOUR SOURCE.

https://twitter.com/JourdanRodrigue/status/1053339025401094146/photo/1

So you realize now Rivera is absurd right? Thats not me, thats HIM. Also regarding the rest of my post.. you acknowledge that other higher skill players are getting a chance now because of injuries, not because of coaching decisions yes??

  • Pie 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The ultimate goal is to win the Super Bowl, and when you have a Cam, who is like no QB ever and gives you an opportunity to be in every game.... multiple championships. We haven’t gotten there yet, and Rivera’s philosophy, despite being able to win games, has been legitimately questioned whether it can get us there.

I think Rivera has made some really good decisions, but two things 1) he has to consistently get out of his own way and 2) he’s got to make these decisions faster. We’re on a timetable with all of our vets. Despite the fact he eventually gets there, time matters.

Im happy with some of the adjustments in the past week, now we just need to stick to them and be willing to make more quickly if necessary.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, beckersteen said:

https://twitter.com/JourdanRodrigue/status/1053339025401094146/photo/1

So you realize now Rivera is absurd right? Thats not me, thats HIM. Also regarding the rest of my post.. you acknowledge that other higher skill players are getting a chance now because of injuries, not because of coaching decisions yes??

This response is a wonderful ode to Reading Miscomprehension - it’s almost better than dark comedy!

I found this site during the SB run and found the array of Mensa voices who were credibly arguing for Rivera to be fired DURING an epic SB run to be amusing. All team message boards have “Fire the Coach!” threads - the Pats will have them from time to time - but to be inundated with these voices throughout a 15-1 season is somewhere on the Brilliance spectrum - I’m not sure where, but somewhere. It’s like the difference between Madness and Genius is probably just skipping breakfast or something that day.
 
Anyway...I am truly in gratitude for your response...it’s inherently funny. You linked this Rivera twitter quote as the source for your initial premise that “looooool Ron didnt want DJ (Donte Jackson)”. 
Having read the quote, I simply want to know at what point did the logic train go off the rails for you? Rivera clearly states that he and the GM mutually adjusted their preferences and both came to the conclusion that Jackson was perhaps their biggest target of the entire draft. Rivera even suggests that he was extremely anxious that Hurney was not moving up the board via trade in order to select Jackson. And, once they selected Jackson, Rivera states that he was both greatly relieved and surprised that Jackson fell to their draft spot.
 
This entire thread is an online version of the Black Knight battle in Monthy Python...keep at it!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Doc Holiday said:

Man reading this thread you get a 100 different rocket scientist with 100 different  opinions of why they think this or that.

i have always kept my praise of Rivera to the fact that good, bad or ugly he wins games. I don’t know about y’all but I like coaches who consistently win games. 

Rivers is the 5th winningest coach in the NFL over the last 5 1/2 years(1/2 is from this season).

I don’t care if they are ugly or not, just win baby!

as long as he keeps winning I want Rivera here.

 

Rivera-Gettleman won a lot of games and made it to a Super Bowl.

Rivera-Hurney Round One was pretty much a failure.

Rivera-Hurney Round Two is still being evaluated. It currently has a 5-2 record but there's still a lot of season to go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Rivera-Gettleman won a lot of games and made it to a Super Bowl.

Rivera-Hurney Round One was pretty much a failure.

Rivera-Hurney Round Two is still being evaluated. It currently has a 5-2 record but there's still a lot of season to go.

It is what it is man. Currently looking good tho.

for all the crap we give Hurney he is also responsible for drafting every Panther that has mattered in recent history. DG was great at the mid tier FA’s but straight garbage come draft time. And we all know which is more important.

as long as Hurney continues to show that he learned from his previous mistakes we are in good shape.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Doc Holiday said:

DG was great at the mid tier FA’s but straight garbage come draft time. And we all know which is more important.

2013 - #14 overall - Star Lotulelei - significant contributor as a 5-year starter on the Carolina DL

2014 - #28 overall - Kelvin Benjamin - in retrospect, yeah, Benjamin is awful... NOW.  But he had a 1000 yds receiving as a rookie and looked like a solid starter for the future until fate conspired with his (1) tearing his ACL, and (2) his mother dying, resulting in (3) a player who lost his drive for anything outside of eating.

2015 - #25 overall - Shaq Thompson - solid contributor early in his Carolina career who has grown to a significant contributor now.  If Carolina chooses not to re-sign him, I think you're gonna be surprised at how many teams in this league disagree with you about this "straight garbage".

2016 - #30 overall - Vern Butler - usually pretty invisible then will have a game that will make you think that he still has plenty of potential.  And, you may choose to believe this or not, but he's actually competitive statistically with the rest of the DT/NT's on the squad this year.

2017 - #8 overall - Christian McCaffrey - pretty much nothing needs to be said here but "great pick".  Unless you're one of the ones that preferred Leonard "Track Suit" Fournette?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, tiger7_88 said:

2013 - #14 overall - Star Lotulelei - significant contributor as a 5-year starter on the Carolina DL

2014 - #28 overall - Kelvin Benjamin - in retrospect, yeah, Benjamin is awful... NOW.  But he had a 1000 yds receiving as a rookie and looked like a solid starter for the future until fate conspired with his (1) tearing his ACL, and (2) his mother dying, resulting in (3) a player who lost his drive for anything outside of eating.

2015 - #25 overall - Shaq Thompson - solid contributor early in his Carolina career who has grown to a significant contributor now.  If Carolina chooses not to re-sign him, I think you're gonna be surprised at how many teams in this league disagree with you about this "straight garbage".

2016 - #30 overall - Vern Butler - usually pretty invisible then will have a game that will make you think that he still has plenty of potential.  And, you may choose to believe this or not, but he's actually competitive statistically with the rest of the DT/NT's on the squad this year.

2017 - #8 overall - Christian McCaffrey - pretty much nothing needs to be said here but "great pick".  Unless you're one of the ones that preferred Leonard "Track Suit" Fournette?

Star and CMC were his only two good picks in 5 years. 2 picks in 5 years. And one of them isn’t even on the team anymore...

KB - Trash

Butler - still can’t start. Wasted first round pick on a position we didn’t need - Trash.

Thompson - shown flashes, but couldn’t consistently start for us till this year. Might turn out to be good but 3 years later we aren’t sure yet.

meanwhile Hurney looks to have made 3 home runs in the last draft alone...

drafting matters, not saying Hurney is without his mistakes, he has, but his drafting success was actually on par for the I think it was #8 overall during Hurney v1.0(from memory based on last time this came up). It was Hurney’s FA spending and consistently over paying player that got him in trouble and Fired.

Edited by Doc Holiday

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

DG also seems to have found us some quality OL as well, they just never able to get on the field until injuries forced it. The Matt Kalil thing reeks of JR and I still think he had a hand in that ridiculousness. And while Hurney 1.0 did do well in the draft in the 1st round, for the most part, he crapped the bed everywhere. He hit on a few picks outside the first round, but man, if you go back and look at his drafts and the moves he made in the draft... just damn. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Doc Holiday said:

Star and CMC were his only two good picks in 5 years. 2 picks in 5 years. And one of them isn’t even on the team anymore...

KB - Trash

Butler - still can’t start. Wasted first round pick on a position we didn’t need - Trash.

Thompson - shown flashes, but couldn’t consistently start for us till this year. Might turn out to be good but 3 years later we aren’t sure yet.

meanwhile Hurney looks to have made 3 home runs in the last draft alone...

drafting matters, not saying Hurney is without his mistakes, he has, but his drafting success was actually on par for the I think it was #8 overall during Hurney v1.0(from memory based on last time this came up). It was Hurney’s FA spending and consistently over paying player that got him in trouble and Fired.

Kawann Short sound familiar?

Trai Turner?

Devin Funchess?

Darryl Williams?

James Bradberry?

Curtis Samuel?

Taylor Moton?

Alex Armah?

Harrison Butker?

There's also this guy named Norwell...he wasnt drafted but he kinda mattered. So did Philly Brown. Heck, even AJ Klein and Tre Boston contributed.

Two good picks in five years? Seriously, dude?

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×