Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Shocker

Hornets Gameday Thread

James Borrego is not a NBA head coach. I doubt he gets fired but there isn’t really anything else I need to see.

Welp, kemba is gone. Back to back lotto picks. Whats the worst the Hornets can finish for lotto purposes. 

2 minutes ago, carpanfan96 said:

Welp, kemba is gone. Back to back lotto picks. Whats the worst the Hornets can finish for lotto purposes. 

If we lose out we will be around pick 8-12 with a few extra percentage points of getting insanely lucky and jumping into the top 3.

It’s better to just go ahead and accept we will be picking 11th again so we can draft another guy that will barely play.

YAY! Another wasted season, which will lead to another wasted season when we are finally forced to tank. Instead of having one bad year and maybe some hope, we are going to have a bad season to pick a MEH player and tank next season. This is a so simple to see, and yet nobody in the Hornets' front office picked up on it. Mitch is obviously in a bad spot, so I tend to blame him less than I should.

Dell and Eric were still encouraging optimism at the end, saying "this isn't it.  Season's not over."

Man, I'm tired of the cycle.  We do this every year...  cheering, hoping, and pulling for our team to win, knowing they aren't very good.  And we get to the end, still hanging onto that thread of playoff hope, only for games like this to throw just how insultingly bad our team actually is in our collective faces.  And, then once we realize we're really just spinning our wheels on a treadmill of failure, we have to re-live all of those emotions all over again with the now added reality that we just screwed ourselves out of a high draft pick.  Smh...

After hearing him talk after he was hired, I really thought Borrego was different.  Nope.  Here we are again...  giving PT to guys based off incumbency rather than merit or potential.

20 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

Dell and Eric were still encouraging optimism at the end, saying "this isn't it.  Season's not over."

Man, I'm tired of the cycle.  We do this every year...  cheering, hoping, and pulling for our team to win, knowing they aren't very good.  And we get to the end, still hanging onto that thread of playoff hope, only for games like this to throw just how insultingly bad our team actually is in our collective faces.  And, then once we realize we're really just spinning our wheels on a treadmill of failure, we have to re-live all of those emotions all over again with the now added reality that we just screwed ourselves out of a high draft pick.  Smh...

After hearing him talk after he was hired, I really thought Borrego was different.  Nope.  Here we are again...  giving PT to guys based off incumbency rather than merit or potential.

Playoff hopes ended with last miami game in CLT, actually ended when we choked away the game against the clippers in CLT a few weeks ago

we scored 15 pts in Q4 today...yet another dismal showing in crunch time

26-83 from field 31%...7-36 from 3 pt...just pathetic 

monk played 4 minutes. Bridges played 10

and Miami is not that good

if we could have gotten a couple of first rounders and some players in a Kemba trade we should have pulled the trigger

our team is an embarrassment...our players just totally suck

Edited by bull123

2 minutes ago, bull123 said:

Playoff hopes ending with last miami game in CLT, actually end when we choked away the game against the clippers in CLT a few weeks ago

we scored 15 pts in Q4 today...yet another dismal showing in crunch time

26-83 from field 31%...7-36 from 3 pt...just pathetic 

monk played 4 minutes. Bridges played 10

and Miami is not that good

if we could have gotten a couple of first rounders and some players in a Kemba trade we should have pulled the trigger

our team is an embarrassment...our players just totally suck

Yup.  It's a sad, harsh reality.

James Johnson, Waiters, and Whiteside looking like actual players, while guys like Marvin and Batum throw up wide open bricks.  And I know a lot of people like Lamb, but I'm just not a big fan...  when the momentum starts shifting in the opponent's favor, he seems always willing to help with settling for step back threes.  I believe Kupchack said after the trade deadline that Lamb was our second option...  welp, that sums up our team in a nutshell, I guess.

And as you said, still not playing our young guys.  I just don't get it.

Man Cho fuged us hard. I feel like I’ve said this 100 times but when he gave that contract to Batum it should have been the green light to trade picks for vets that the coach will actually play. Imagine this team with Lou Williams instead of Monk the past few years. Clifford would still be our coach and Cho would still have a job. We got cold feet and decided the first rounder was too valuable and never pulled the trigger. Such a fuging dumb decision.

It's time for the hornets to commit to a blow up. Every year we end up in the worst possible position in the NBA, right outside the playoffs and at the end of the lotto

• Pie 3

Maybe the vets are playing because of MJ. It's repeatedly done to all the young players drafted. No matter who the coach or gm is. Only constant is MJ

• Beer 1

Down 1 to the Sixers with 20 secs left, and bridges and lamb get caught ball watching...  leaving a wide open corner 3 and the Sixers go up 4.  Smh...  this team.

21 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

Down 1 to the Sixers with 20 secs left, and bridges and lamb get caught ball watching...  leaving a wide open corner 3 and the Sixers go up 4.  Smh...  this team.

How does lambs shot not go in?