• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

ARSEN

Damn... Mexican mob burnt two innocent men alive based on false rumor

Mexico has a huge issue with organ traffickers.  Kids are being kidnapped, killed and their organs removed and sold (likely sold to US).  Kids targeted ranged from 4-14 years of age.  I can relate to this as we had the same issue when USSR fall apart.  It was terrifying being outside as a child. Anyways, apparently someone started a rumor on social media that 2 guys were kidnapping children.  The angry mob beat those two guys, set them on fire and a day later realized it was a false social media post. Just crazy.

49 minutes ago, ARSEN said:

Mexico has a huge issue with organ traffickers.

Way to get this completely fuged up Arsen.

Back in August (when this story is from) social media rumors about organ trafficking that were FALSE got people in Mexico city worked up.  That ended up with an attack on two men (we had a the pizza gate shooting here).

The rumors on organ trafficking are FALSE - that is the thing.  Mexico has a problem with FALSE rumors on organ trafficking.

https://www.foxnews.com/world/2-burned-by-angry-mob-in-central-mexico

Published August 31

MEXICO CITY – Authorities across Mexico published warnings not to believe fake social media reports about child abductions on Friday after rumors led to a series of brutal mob killings.

At least four people have been beaten and burned to death this week after false reports circulated saying that children had been kidnapped.

Two men were torched by an angry mob in the state of Puebla on Wednesday. A day later, a man and woman were dragged from their vehicle, beaten and set afire in the neighboring state of Hidalgo, according to state prosecutor Raul Arroyo.

Hours before the latter incident, the Hidalgo prosecutors' office published a replica of a WhatsApp message rife with misspellings, labeling it "False."

The message read: "Please everyone be alert because a plague of child kidnappers has entered the country, it appears that these criminals are involved in organ trafficking, given that in the last few days children aged 4, 8 and 14 have disappeared and some of these kids have been found dead with signs that their organs were removed, their abdomens were opened and they were empty."

Medical experts have long said that organs that are not harvested in a medical setting are unlikely to be usable for sale.

But the rumor has made its way across Mexico over the years, spurring violence each time it springs up afresh.

"These rumors are totally false," said Hidalgo public safety chief Mauricio Delmar in a news conference Thursday night. "They have already cost lives."

He said there were no reports of abducted children in the state, and a cybercrimes team determined that photos circulating online came from another country and had nothing to do with the harvesting of organs.

He warned that a "collective psychosis" had taken hold of people.

Hidalgo state interior secretary Simon Vargas pleaded that "no one must take justice into their own hands."

"This is a phenomenon that is occurring nationwide," added Jose Arturo Delgado, who coordinates the missing-persons alert system for the Puebla prosecutors' office. He also said there have been no confirmed cases of child-snatching in the state.

The state of Jalisco issued a similar warning about rumors earlier this week.

But such false reports are not new.

In 1998, two men were bound, beaten and hanged in the town square of Huejutla in Puebla. The men were suspected of trying to kidnap four local girls to sell their organs, although prosecutors said there was no evidence that was true.

In 2015, residents of Ajalpan, Puebla beat to death two young men who were asking questions in the town.

Rumors spread that children were being kidnapped, but it turned out that the men were conducting a commercial survey about tortilla consumption.

Edited by Fryfan
  • Pie 1

How completely shocking to see Carolina Huddle tailgate buddy ARSEN taking time out of his day to demonize Mexicans. Just another Monday.

2 hours ago, TheRed said:

How completely shocking to see Carolina Huddle tailgate buddy ARSEN taking time out of his day to demonize Mexicans. Just another Monday.

At least I’m someone’s buddy unlike you.

• Pie 2

2 hours ago, Fryfan said:

Way to get this completely fuged up Arsen.

Back in August (when this story is from) social media rumors about organ trafficking that were FALSE got people in Mexico city worked up.  That ended up with an attack on two men (we had a the pizza gate shooting here).

The rumors on organ trafficking are FALSE - that is the thing.  Mexico has a problem with FALSE rumors on organ trafficking.

https://www.foxnews.com/world/2-burned-by-angry-mob-in-central-mexico

Published August 31

MEXICO CITY – Authorities across Mexico published warnings not to believe fake social media reports about child abductions on Friday after rumors led to a series of brutal mob killings.

At least four people have been beaten and burned to death this week after false reports circulated saying that children had been kidnapped.

Two men were torched by an angry mob in the state of Puebla on Wednesday. A day later, a man and woman were dragged from their vehicle, beaten and set afire in the neighboring state of Hidalgo, according to state prosecutor Raul Arroyo.

Hours before the latter incident, the Hidalgo prosecutors' office published a replica of a WhatsApp message rife with misspellings, labeling it "False."

The message read: "Please everyone be alert because a plague of child kidnappers has entered the country, it appears that these criminals are involved in organ trafficking, given that in the last few days children aged 4, 8 and 14 have disappeared and some of these kids have been found dead with signs that their organs were removed, their abdomens were opened and they were empty."

Medical experts have long said that organs that are not harvested in a medical setting are unlikely to be usable for sale.

But the rumor has made its way across Mexico over the years, spurring violence each time it springs up afresh.

"These rumors are totally false," said Hidalgo public safety chief Mauricio Delmar in a news conference Thursday night. "They have already cost lives."

He said there were no reports of abducted children in the state, and a cybercrimes team determined that photos circulating online came from another country and had nothing to do with the harvesting of organs.

He warned that a "collective psychosis" had taken hold of people.

Hidalgo state interior secretary Simon Vargas pleaded that "no one must take justice into their own hands."

"This is a phenomenon that is occurring nationwide," added Jose Arturo Delgado, who coordinates the missing-persons alert system for the Puebla prosecutors' office. He also said there have been no confirmed cases of child-snatching in the state.

The state of Jalisco issued a similar warning about rumors earlier this week.

But such false reports are not new.

In 1998, two men were bound, beaten and hanged in the town square of Huejutla in Puebla. The men were suspected of trying to kidnap four local girls to sell their organs, although prosecutors said there was no evidence that was true.

In 2015, residents of Ajalpan, Puebla beat to death two young men who were asking questions in the town.

Rumors spread that children were being kidnapped, but it turned out that the men were conducting a commercial survey about tortilla consumption.

It’s on BBC front page... Right now.

Burned to death because of a rumour on WhatsApp http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-46145986

12 minutes ago, ARSEN said:

It’s on BBC front page... Right now.

Burned to death because of a rumour on WhatsApp http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-46145986

Was anything I said wrong?

It happened in August and there is no problem with Organ trafficking in Mexico - there is a problem with RUMORS of organ trafficking.

4 hours ago, ARSEN said:

Mexico has a huge issue with organ traffickers.  Kids are being kidnapped, killed and their organs removed and sold (likely sold to US).  

Most likely go to China and south Asian countries countries. 

39 minutes ago, Fryfan said:

Was anything I said wrong?

It happened in August and there is no problem with Organ trafficking in Mexico - there is a problem with RUMORS of organ trafficking.

No, nothing wrong.  Just showing that I’m not pulling old news to start stuff.  BBC is basically my only news source.  TheRed tried to start stuff for literally no reason.  My point was how social media can mislead people.  Nothing toward Mexico at all.  This can happen anywhere in the world... even here in US.  I mean... look at Nazis...

10 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

Most likely go to China and south Asian countries countries. 

There was an episode on vice few years ago how Chinese would arrest young healthy people for bogus crimes and execute them by firing squad.  Their organs were sold world wide.  Huge business.

24 minutes ago, ARSEN said:

There was an episode on vice few years ago how Chinese would arrest young healthy people for bogus crimes and execute them by firing squad.  Their organs were sold world wide.  Huge business.

They, their aristocracy and triads, it is a huge issue that barely gets any light in the media.

I am actually on the organ transplant list. Again.

There is a booming organ trade in Asia but it's not people waking up in bathtubs or kidnapped; people give up kidneys for money Mexicos organ situation is not really setup for this, and the only people near and rich enough to support a black market would be in the US and we don't go for this stuff at all and would shut it down pretty quick I'd think.

https://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/features/2015/10/kidney-worlds-biggest-organ-market-151007074725022.html

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, cookinwithgas said:

I am actually on the organ transplant list. Again.

There is a booming organ trade in Asia but it's not people waking up in bathtubs or kidnapped; people give up kidneys for money Mexicos organ situation is not really setup for this, and the only people near and rich enough to support a black market would be in the US and we don't go for this stuff at all and would shut it down pretty quick I'd think.

https://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/features/2015/10/kidney-worlds-biggest-organ-market-151007074725022.html

Sorry to hear that Brian.

I remember when they diagnosed JR with heart issue and found him a heart within days.  I was like “woah, what about the list?”.

Edited by ARSEN

7 hours ago, ARSEN said:

I remember when they diagnosed JR with heart issue and found him a heart within days.  I was like “woah, what about the list?”.

How many days?

12 hours ago, ARSEN said:

Mexico has a huge issue with organ traffickers.  Kids are being kidnapped, killed and their organs removed and sold (likely sold to US).  Kids targeted ranged from 4-14 years of age.  I can relate to this as we had the same issue when USSR fall apart.  It was terrifying being outside as a child. Anyways, apparently someone started a rumor on social media that 2 guys were kidnapping children.  The angry mob beat those two guys, set them on fire and a day later realized it was a false social media post. Just crazy.

How does this work? 

Does one stroll into CMC or Presbyterian with a kidney in a cooler and ask them to slap it in asap? 

Do the insurance companies cover that sort of thing or is it cash on the barrel-head?

Edited by Billy_T