• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

thebigcat

There's dumb, then there's Le'veon Bell....

So proud of Bell for standing up for not just RBs but other players and showing that your value is your value and to not let a team dictate it.

• Pie 2
  • Poo 1

Any contract he gets next year has to be balanced out against the $14.5 million he basically passed up on this year. For career earnings, that's a big zero in a short career lifespan (even for a top notch player -- running backs rarely go past 32). I understand the injury ramifications, but I'd just find it hard to pass up on the nearly $15 he would have made this year, not to mention the yardage and touchdowns he would have racked up for his career stats and Canton credentials.

I used to think that in the NFL, someone would be out there to overpay for a player and all would be made right. Now, I'm not sure I'd take that gamble.

• Pie 1

I can't fault any man for gambling on himself. This is likely the last contract of his career and he wants to get top dollar while he can. Brilliant or foolish, it's his decision and he lives with the results.

3 hours ago, Harbingers said:

See Dez Bryant. 

See Earl Thomas

• Pie 2

Yeah can't blame him for doing what's best for his total career earnings, since I'm sure someone will be dumb enough to throw way too much money at him in free agency.  Is it worth giving up a guaranteed 14 million now to get a guaranteed 40 one year later?  Most would say yes. God help whoever signs him though because he will either under perform his contract and still get paid, or over perform and then hold out for even more since he obviously doesn't give a fug about anything other than a paycheck. The Steelers are the ones making out like a bandit here. They get a rb with 90% of the production for 10% of the cost and get rid of a me first cancer in the process. And I fugging hate the Steelers. 

2 hours ago, Icege said:

So proud of Bell for standing up for not just RBs but other players and showing that your value is your value and to not let a team dictate it.

Team is moving on without him and he lost $14m...idiot

1 hour ago, bull123 said:

Team is moving on without him

you act like they have a choice lol

• Pie 1

Alright, so Marty Hurney once gave Deangelo williams and Jonathan Stewart massive Running Back contracts after their rookie deal was up. How'd that turn out for the Panthers?

Steelers made the right decision.

Bell passed up 14.5 million dollars he will never recoup. Sure, he'll be healthy next year but no contract will return the money he just lost.

Edited by Kevin Greene

10 minutes ago, rodeo said:

you act like they have a choice lol

They do and just put a 50 nut on some NFC team.

Edited by Kevin Greene

Didn’t know we had so many certified financial planners on the huddle...

The only people who should worry about LeVeons money are LeVeon, his agent, and his financial advisor. 

10 minutes ago, joeyxfresco said:

Didn’t know we had so many certified financial planners on the huddle...

The only people who should worry about LeVeons money are LeVeon, his agent, and his financial advisor. 

Perhaps but we can speculate. Is there any chance Bell will recover the 14.5 million dollars he passed up by not playing this year?

Absolutely no chance. 

If Bell is unhappy with the league and it's contract structures he probably should have sought another employment path. Somewhere that 14.5 million dollars isn't an insult to your abilities. I blame his agent.

Edited by Kevin Greene
  • Beer 1

11 minutes ago, Kevin Greene said:

If Bell is unhappy with the league and it's contract structures he probably should have sought another employment path.

why would he do that when he can just hold out?

some people seem to get very indignant when they can't control others

2 hours ago, bull123 said:

Team is moving on without him and he lost $14m...idiot

RB is becoming a position of value again, a position where wear and tear plays a huge role. If he can get the hefty guaranteed contract, he will have one less season of the beating that other RBs take.

If it gets other RBs paid too, that is great. There is likely issues behind members of the OL speaking out against Bell. Would be hard to go back and trust guys that critiqued you for trying to get what was your's.

1 minute ago, rodeo said:

why would he do that when he can just hold out?

some people seem to get very indignant when they can't control others

Please show me the path where he surpasses the 14.5 million dollars he lost by not playing this year. Unless of course this is just a principle thing, explain that as well.