• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

UNCrules2187

Black helmets seem to be coming...(maybe not?)

29 minutes ago, KSpan said:

Can't switch helmets mid-season anyway per NFL rules, so no changes would happen until next year.

KSpan is right, there's a rule against it.

But is throwback unis and helmets considered the same? Like the rams have there throwback helmets detroit has there throwbacks they wear on Thanksgiving. Would this not be the same?

Heard us loud and clear, eh?

we're all screaming play some damn defense. so let's see how that works out.

• Pie 2

I read somewhere that you just cannot switch the shells of the helmets throughout the season, but you are allowed to switch the color?  Maybe thats wrong, but teams do have different helmets sometimes...

I don't get the idea of black helmets. What we have is fine, and black helmets would be hotter, especially in the summer/early fall months. Why copy the Falcons?

10 minutes ago, GaCatFan said:

I don't get the idea of black helmets. What we have is fine, and black helmets would be hotter, especially in the summer/early fall months. Why copy the Falcons?

I've appreciated how each team in the division has significantly different helmet colors

Gives us a signature feeling

• Pie 2

2 hours ago, KSpan said:

Can't switch helmets mid-season anyway per NFL rules, so no changes would happen until next year.

This.

2 hours ago, joeyxfresco said:

I feel like they may be switching their primary uniforms to all black. They need a new identity after Tepper bought the team 

Need a new identity by copying a division rival’s black on black look? Makes sense.

2 hours ago, ncsfinest21 said:

But is throwback unis and helmets considered the same? Like the rams have there throwback helmets detroit has there throwbacks they wear on Thanksgiving. Would this not be the same?

Yes, they are considered the same. That’s why throwback helmets have been outlawed since 2013. The only thing teams are allowed to do regarding the helmets is change the decals or strip all decals for “throwback” games.

This is why the Buccaneers’ creamsicle uniforms haven’t been seen since 2012 because if they’d want to wear them, they’d have to do so with their normal pewter helmets which would look dumb af.