Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ncfan

Hornets in talks for Bradley Beal

10 minutes ago, carpanfan96 said:

word is the trade package might end up being Beal and fillers for Batum, Monk, Bridges, Lamb plus a first. 

Link?

Cus that would be terrible for all our assets. Every single one..

1 hour ago, bLACKpANTHER said:

Link?

Cus that would be terrible for all our assets. Every single one..

Beal is the player the Wizards least want to trade, he has the most trade value of any player on that roster and for his skill set has a reasonable contract for 2 more years. 

Monk + 1st + Lamb and filler isn't going to be enough, so either multiple first round picks or both players on the Hornets outside of Kemba with the most value. 

One of the beat reporters for Washington said that A horrible contract plus a pick isn't enough that if Charlotte wanted Beal it would have to up the assets majorly. Agreed with a fan that Monk + Bridges, Lamb and 1st would be the type of deal it would take to get it done.  Will have to find the tweet. 

So if it happens, expect the Hornets to give up a ton to get it done. Especially if the Wizards don't want Batums contract and the Hornets have to work with William's as filler. 

I'd give up two firsts before parting with Bridges but its indicative of just how horrible Batum's contract is that I'd still probably do the deal with Monk, Bridges and an additional 1st just to get rid of him.  Hard to imagine what our new lineup would look like since we would be giving up 3 or 4 key rotation guys for one starter. 

Really don’t think we should give up bridges. Anyone else is ok though.

13 hours ago, carpanfan96 said:

Agreed with a fan that Monk + Bridges, Lamb and 1st would be the type of deal it would take to get it done.  Will have to find the tweet. 

That is not the same thing as "the word"..  more like "the word of a guy on twitter"

Mitch would be crazy to give them Lamb, Bridges, Monk and a first rounder..

3 minutes ago, bLACKpANTHER said:

That is not the same thing as "the word"..  more like "the word of a guy on twitter"

Mitch would be crazy to give them Lamb, Bridges, Monk and a first rounder..

Even Rick Bonnell went that direction for the Wizards asking price. Wizards are going to want Monk, Lamb and Bridges plus picks because the only way Charlotte can pull it off is by sending horrible contracts back the other way. Only way a team does that is if they get extra compensation. 

Regardless if its Williams or Batum, the Hornets will have to add to the pot to make that attractive. 

so if straight up trade would be Lamb, Monk and a first round pick top 3 protected. Adding Batum or William's to match salary means you've got to add something else to the mix for Washington to legitimately consider it. I.E and extra first round pick plus Bacon/Willy or Bridges. 

That's just what it's going to take. 

Closest thing I can get to a realistic trade with Washington with out including Bridges. 

Williams, Lamb, Monk, Bacon and first round pick(top 3 protected) 2 second round picks. 

I get if they want a lot for him, but the amount of assets people are talking about giving up for him is more than some hall of famers have garnered in past trades, and Beal isn't a hall of famer, lol.  I want to get him, but not by giving up every young player and asset we have now through the next 2 years.  

11 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

I get if they want a lot for him, but the amount of assets people are talking about giving up for him is more than some hall of famers have garnered in past trades, and Beal isn't a hall of famer, lol.  I want to get him, but not by giving up every young player and asset we have now through the next 2 years.  

It's not just what they want for Beal, it's what it would take for them to take on Batum contract. Getting rid of Batum alone is going to take a first round pick or young player, then you start to talk about what it would take to get Beal from Washington. That's going to be another young player, draft picks and expiring contracts. 

Add these two together and you get multiple young players, multiple fist round draft picks..ext..ext..

31 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

I like our young guys but I think you're overvaluing them a bit here. Monk hasn't really shown anything yet and while Bridges looks like a player its not like he's been some amazing rookie or anything, he just doesn't totally suck like most of our other rookies.  Add in that we would be dumping a bum with a bad contract in either Williams or Batum (which is even worse than a bad contract) and, the idea this is some kind of huge haul for the Wizards is a mischaracterization imo, even if you throw in a 1st which is probably going to be in the late teens, at best, next year. 

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    pennywise

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • Here is the thing, I know its quick to react.   But NBA and College are apples and oranges and almost 2 different sports. Little's game fits much better in the NBA. NBA is more like these HS AAU etc ball.  Which you saw Little Dominate. He came to UNC.  Who already had one of the best players in the country at the 3 and a AA at the 4.  They litterally tried to work him into the 4 small ball in college just to fit him on the court.  He has admitted that he even put on a little weight at UNC to fit in.  He's slimmed back down down to his natural weight to play the wing.   He is going to be locking up guys on the wing (which you saw him do to Zion etc in HS)  vs having to play on the block down low like he was playing at UNC guard Zion backing down in the paint 
    • Yep, a player like that is what this franchise needs. Hopefully he pans out and then we can build around him. Shed some bad contracts. All would be right, if it goes according to plan. We need a plan though as an organization, instead of this mediocre stuff year in and year out.
    • Playoff tickets haven't worked that way in almost a decade.  Currently there's an option when you pay for the season tickets: do you want playoff tickets or not. You have to make a selection. And if you do choose playoff tickets, at the end of the season, the NFL calculates the odds of a home playoff game. When the odds are 100%, your credit card on file is charged for the tickets at the time general admission tickets for that game go on sale in January. There's no more charging anyone when there is no home game. No more credit carried forward to next season. It's all straight forward and clean. If you don't buy playoff tickets (answering 'no' to the question) you do not lose your PSL. The bonus for the PSL owner is playoff tickets at face value if you answered 'yes'. Why a PSL owner would say "no" is beyond me.