Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ncfan

Hornets in talks for Bradley Beal

47 minutes ago, rhyslloyd said:

At this point, I'd give up Bridges before Monk.  Bridges' shot is almost as bad as MKG's shot was prior to coach Price.  Also like MKG, I don't see him being a consistent scoring threat.  Dunks are cool and all but not if that's probably the only way you'll score.  If Borrego wants this team to live and die by the deep ball, Bridges is a horrible choice for that offense.

2018:
Bridges = 22/56 - 3pt made - .504%
Monk = 38/118 - 3pt made - .366%

2017:
Monk = 83/243 - 3pt made - .360%

9 minutes ago, bLACKpANTHER said:

2018:
Bridges = 22/56 - 3pt made - .504%
Monk = 38/118 - 3pt made - .366%

2017:
Monk = 83/243 - 3pt made - .360%

Bridges is shooting 36% from 3, not 50% (your math is wrong also), but I can acknowledge that Monk hasn't been the dead eye we thought so far.  However, I'd still take Monk's long-term prospects to become a great shooter over Bridges shot putting the ball at the basket over the next 5 years.

1 minute ago, rhyslloyd said:

Bridges is shooting 36% from 3, not 50% (your math is wrong also), but I can acknowledge that Monk hasn't been the dead eye we thought so far.  However, I'd still take Monk's long-term prospects to become a great shooter over Bridges shot putting the ball at the basket over the next 5 years.

ur right - i goofed and put in his FG% not his 3pt%

I still like Bridges upside more because his defensive ability.. Monk should be our starting 2 guard right now if it wasn't for his size.. i dont hate either prospect.. maybe the Beal trade isn't worth it at all.. i have kinda cooled on the thought and maybe we stick with what we have?

we just need to get rid of one of the top 3 contracts we have: Batum, Marvin, Biz.. Cody and MKG aren't worth the $$$ we are paying them, but they are key pieces that every contender needs..

12 minutes ago, bLACKpANTHER said:

ur right - i goofed and put in his FG% not his 3pt%

I still like Bridges upside more because his defensive ability.. Monk should be our starting 2 guard right now if it wasn't for his size.. i dont hate either prospect.. maybe the Beal trade isn't worth it at all.. i have kinda cooled on the thought and maybe we stick with what we have?

we just need to get rid of one of the top 3 contracts we have: Batum, Marvin, Biz.. Cody and MKG aren't worth the $$$ we are paying them, but they are key pieces that every contender needs..

I've kinda resigned myself to the reality that we probably won't do anything, too.  I'm fine keeping them both, as well, but we're stuck in that middle ground like so many teams. We aren't good enough to be a contender, but we're too good to go full on tank like we probably should in order to get that top-5 pick.  Even if we clear those contracts, we're still that middle-of-the-road team who has to throw huge money at a borderline top tier guy while the legitimate top tier guys take less money to gang up and beat our asses.  The NBA has some serious issues when only 3 or 4 teams are actually good, and everyone else should be jockeying for the top pick.

33 minutes ago, rhyslloyd said:

The NBA has some serious issues when only 3 or 4 teams are actually good, and everyone else should be jockeying for the top pick.

This. 

Want to love the Hornets, but knowing that I have more fingers on one hand than there are teams in the NBA realistically capable of competing for a championship year in and year out makes the league a big snore fest.

Bottom Line:  The NBA needs to come up with a way of ensuring more parity among the teams. 

47 minutes ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

This. 

Want to love the Hornets, but knowing that I have more fingers on one hand than there are teams in the NBA realistically capable of competing for a championship year in and year out makes the league a big snore fest.

Bottom Line:  The NBA needs to come up with a way of ensuring more parity among the teams. 

Only way that happens is a hard cap, max contract value limits. Players association wont go for it. Doubt it will ever happen. 

Hard Cap limit at 100m, 90% minimum spending for teams. Player contracts tap out at 35% value, minimum contracts go up. That way only way a team can sign more then 1 superstar/max contract type of player is if they take massive payouts. 

11 hours ago, carpanfan96 said:

Only way that happens is a hard cap, max contract value limits. Players association wont go for it. Doubt it will ever happen. 

Hard Cap limit at 100m, 90% minimum spending for teams. Player contracts tap out at 35% value, minimum contracts go up. That way only way a team can sign more then 1 superstar/max contract type of player is if they take massive payouts. 

And also do away with the lottery.  The beauty of the worst team picking first is that it gives them a legit chance to quickly get better and compete.  But when the worst team has the legit potential, if not likelihood, to drop several picks, you limit the ability for them to quickly improve through the draft.  Most drafts only have a couple players with true superstar potential, and dropping a few spots usually takes a team out of contention for them.  Just think how our fortunes would be different if we had drafted Anthony Davis instead of MKG like should have happened.

I know the big issue is tanking, but rather than penalize teams who legitimately are not good, but doing their best to improve, the NBA should go hard after teams that are tanking.  It's usually not too difficult to recognize when a team is tanking and not simply rebuilding anyway.  And to be honest, I would rather have the occasional tank job than not give a cellar dweller a chance to improve.  Tanking is not guaranteed to work anyway, and if it doesn't, it will quickly backfire on a team.  I just find the lottery horribly unfair to legitimate bad teams.   

9 hours ago, Nice-Carolina-Chuck said:

Bridges’ is a rookie and Monk is in his 2nd yr. Fans expect way too much for players these days. I believe those two men can become really good players in 2-3 years from now. I was a Kemba hater for many years. It took Kemba a long time to become the player he is. 

Bridges shot is so much better than MKG. It’ll get better. And he can be more than just a highlight reels dunker. He has great size to push players around inside. 

We know Monk can shoot the ball lights out. Problem is, we’re not seeing it right now. I dont know what the problem is. Maybe, confidence? Im more worried about Monk than Bridges long term than Monk’s game revolves soley with his 3pt shooting. If he cant make shots consistently, he could be JAG. He doesnt have a mid range game and not a guy who can get to the basket like Kemba. He’s a shooter, not scorer. Bridges can score. 

To say we expect too much is ridiculous 

look at Donavan Mitchell as an example

39 minutes ago, Red Dead Redemption said:

Monk is terrible. Man we got fugged again

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    pennywise

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • Here is the thing, I know its quick to react.   But NBA and College are apples and oranges and almost 2 different sports. Little's game fits much better in the NBA. NBA is more like these HS AAU etc ball.  Which you saw Little Dominate. He came to UNC.  Who already had one of the best players in the country at the 3 and a AA at the 4.  They litterally tried to work him into the 4 small ball in college just to fit him on the court.  He has admitted that he even put on a little weight at UNC to fit in.  He's slimmed back down down to his natural weight to play the wing.   He is going to be locking up guys on the wing (which you saw him do to Zion etc in HS)  vs having to play on the block down low like he was playing at UNC guard Zion backing down in the paint 
    • Yep, a player like that is what this franchise needs. Hopefully he pans out and then we can build around him. Shed some bad contracts. All would be right, if it goes according to plan. We need a plan though as an organization, instead of this mediocre stuff year in and year out.
    • Playoff tickets haven't worked that way in almost a decade.  Currently there's an option when you pay for the season tickets: do you want playoff tickets or not. You have to make a selection. And if you do choose playoff tickets, at the end of the season, the NFL calculates the odds of a home playoff game. When the odds are 100%, your credit card on file is charged for the tickets at the time general admission tickets for that game go on sale in January. There's no more charging anyone when there is no home game. No more credit carried forward to next season. It's all straight forward and clean. If you don't buy playoff tickets (answering 'no' to the question) you do not lose your PSL. The bonus for the PSL owner is playoff tickets at face value if you answered 'yes'. Why a PSL owner would say "no" is beyond me.