Jump to content
  • Hey There!

    Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

ncfan

Hornets in talks for Bradley Beal

Recommended Posts

47 minutes ago, rhyslloyd said:

At this point, I'd give up Bridges before Monk.  Bridges' shot is almost as bad as MKG's shot was prior to coach Price.  Also like MKG, I don't see him being a consistent scoring threat.  Dunks are cool and all but not if that's probably the only way you'll score.  If Borrego wants this team to live and die by the deep ball, Bridges is a horrible choice for that offense.

2018:
Bridges = 22/56 - 3pt made - .504%
Monk = 38/118 - 3pt made - .366%

2017:
Monk = 83/243 - 3pt made - .360%

  • Pie 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


9 minutes ago, bLACKpANTHER said:

2018:
Bridges = 22/56 - 3pt made - .504%
Monk = 38/118 - 3pt made - .366%

2017:
Monk = 83/243 - 3pt made - .360%

Bridges is shooting 36% from 3, not 50% (your math is wrong also), but I can acknowledge that Monk hasn't been the dead eye we thought so far.  However, I'd still take Monk's long-term prospects to become a great shooter over Bridges shot putting the ball at the basket over the next 5 years.

Edited by rhyslloyd

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, rhyslloyd said:

Bridges is shooting 36% from 3, not 50% (your math is wrong also), but I can acknowledge that Monk hasn't been the dead eye we thought so far.  However, I'd still take Monk's long-term prospects to become a great shooter over Bridges shot putting the ball at the basket over the next 5 years.

ur right - i goofed and put in his FG% not his 3pt%

I still like Bridges upside more because his defensive ability.. Monk should be our starting 2 guard right now if it wasn't for his size.. i dont hate either prospect.. maybe the Beal trade isn't worth it at all.. i have kinda cooled on the thought and maybe we stick with what we have?

we just need to get rid of one of the top 3 contracts we have: Batum, Marvin, Biz.. Cody and MKG aren't worth the $$$ we are paying them, but they are key pieces that every contender needs..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, bLACKpANTHER said:

ur right - i goofed and put in his FG% not his 3pt%

I still like Bridges upside more because his defensive ability.. Monk should be our starting 2 guard right now if it wasn't for his size.. i dont hate either prospect.. maybe the Beal trade isn't worth it at all.. i have kinda cooled on the thought and maybe we stick with what we have?

we just need to get rid of one of the top 3 contracts we have: Batum, Marvin, Biz.. Cody and MKG aren't worth the $$$ we are paying them, but they are key pieces that every contender needs..

I've kinda resigned myself to the reality that we probably won't do anything, too.  I'm fine keeping them both, as well, but we're stuck in that middle ground like so many teams. We aren't good enough to be a contender, but we're too good to go full on tank like we probably should in order to get that top-5 pick.  Even if we clear those contracts, we're still that middle-of-the-road team who has to throw huge money at a borderline top tier guy while the legitimate top tier guys take less money to gang up and beat our asses.  The NBA has some serious issues when only 3 or 4 teams are actually good, and everyone else should be jockeying for the top pick.

Edited by rhyslloyd
  • Pie 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, rhyslloyd said:

The NBA has some serious issues when only 3 or 4 teams are actually good, and everyone else should be jockeying for the top pick.

This. 

Want to love the Hornets, but knowing that I have more fingers on one hand than there are teams in the NBA realistically capable of competing for a championship year in and year out makes the league a big snore fest.

Bottom Line:  The NBA needs to come up with a way of ensuring more parity among the teams. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

This. 

Want to love the Hornets, but knowing that I have more fingers on one hand than there are teams in the NBA realistically capable of competing for a championship year in and year out makes the league a big snore fest.

Bottom Line:  The NBA needs to come up with a way of ensuring more parity among the teams. 

Only way that happens is a hard cap, max contract value limits. Players association wont go for it. Doubt it will ever happen. 

 

Hard Cap limit at 100m, 90% minimum spending for teams. Player contracts tap out at 35% value, minimum contracts go up. That way only way a team can sign more then 1 superstar/max contract type of player is if they take massive payouts. 

  • Pie 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, carpanfan96 said:

Only way that happens is a hard cap, max contract value limits. Players association wont go for it. Doubt it will ever happen. 

 

Hard Cap limit at 100m, 90% minimum spending for teams. Player contracts tap out at 35% value, minimum contracts go up. That way only way a team can sign more then 1 superstar/max contract type of player is if they take massive payouts. 

And also do away with the lottery.  The beauty of the worst team picking first is that it gives them a legit chance to quickly get better and compete.  But when the worst team has the legit potential, if not likelihood, to drop several picks, you limit the ability for them to quickly improve through the draft.  Most drafts only have a couple players with true superstar potential, and dropping a few spots usually takes a team out of contention for them.  Just think how our fortunes would be different if we had drafted Anthony Davis instead of MKG like should have happened.

I know the big issue is tanking, but rather than penalize teams who legitimately are not good, but doing their best to improve, the NBA should go hard after teams that are tanking.  It's usually not too difficult to recognize when a team is tanking and not simply rebuilding anyway.  And to be honest, I would rather have the occasional tank job than not give a cellar dweller a chance to improve.  Tanking is not guaranteed to work anyway, and if it doesn't, it will quickly backfire on a team.  I just find the lottery horribly unfair to legitimate bad teams.   

  • Pie 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Nice-Carolina-Chuck said:

Bridges’ is a rookie and Monk is in his 2nd yr. Fans expect way too much for players these days. I believe those two men can become really good players in 2-3 years from now. I was a Kemba hater for many years. It took Kemba a long time to become the player he is. 

Bridges shot is so much better than MKG. It’ll get better. And he can be more than just a highlight reels dunker. He has great size to push players around inside. 

We know Monk can shoot the ball lights out. Problem is, we’re not seeing it right now. I dont know what the problem is. Maybe, confidence? Im more worried about Monk than Bridges long term than Monk’s game revolves soley with his 3pt shooting. If he cant make shots consistently, he could be JAG. He doesnt have a mid range game and not a guy who can get to the basket like Kemba. He’s a shooter, not scorer. Bridges can score. 

To say we expect too much is ridiculous 

look at Donavan Mitchell as an example

  • Pie 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Beal would be an upgrade for us and help a lot but I think a big man would help us even more.  Lamb has played pretty well, probably our second best player behind Kemba.  At the same time Batum, Marvin and Cody have been weak.  I am not saying I would not do this trade I just want to be realistic.  Kemba and Beal would be amazing but if the rest of the roster is trash we are not going to do much.

If we could trade for Kanter or Lopez without giving up too much that would be big for us.  They would help us make the playoffs this year and they are on expiring contracts.  I am thinking something like Cody, Frank and a second rounder for Lopez.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Red Dead Redemption said:

Monk is terrible. Man we got fugged again

 

  • Poo 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×