• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

ARSEN

Living in a place with no guns

This past week, I experienced for the first time living in a place where the guns are banned/extremely hard to get.  Talking to people and telling them US stories... they just looked at me in disbelief.  I showed them wsoctv news page with all guns and shootings incidents in Charlotte area and it just blew their mind.  They have none of that stuff... The town where I stayed only had few shootings over the past few years and most of those shootings were mafia related hits (deals gone bad).  There were no guns stores, no concealed permits... nothing...  I experienced some of the friendliest people and the most relaxing atmosphere probably ever...  That gun paranoia was missing and the place felt so much safer...  people do not even lock their doors at night.  I asked what was the worst crime they have experienced and they said someone stole 2 pairs of shoes at night and these people do not even live in great area by their standards.

I'm honestly 100% behind restricting gun sales just to hunting shotguns and hunting rifles and even making those extremely hard to get (long wait, pricey and thorough background and mental check).  Looking from an outside... its clear to see the gun madness we have here in US.

• Pie 1

You honestly think if we banned guns that crime would evaporate and we would become a Utopian society?  Better think again. 

Tondi believes if African Americans were a majority of the population they would commit white genocide.  

Tondi is extremely hateful and out of touch along with being an outright racist

we should do the opposite of what tondi thinks. 

• Pie 5

i think if we banned guns i think society would be better for it but guns are such a major part of who Americans are i just cant see it happening like ever. 

i think the cat is out of the bag and there's no getting it back in, guns are a part of America. so to me the solution, instead of trying to ban guns, is to try to make a country where people aren't desperate enough to use them.

• Pie 5

41 minutes ago, tondi said:

You honestly think if we banned guns that crime would evaporate and we would become a Utopian society?  Better think again. 

He never said that, don't be a fool. 

We were in Canterbury last year and my husband and I were walking along a creek for quite some time and ended up in a much shadier looking area. Some people were smoking weed by the creek (illegal in England), the area around was rough looking as were many of the people. A guy was walking towards us at a strange pace and he made me very uncomfortable, but then I remembered we were in England where guns are incredibly rare (unlike the illegal weed) and if we needed to my husband and I could likely take this guy. I was surprised at how comforting that realization was, I'm use to being on guard at my local grocery store because I see dudes packing and those are just the ones I see. 

• Pie 2

51 minutes ago, tondi said:

It’s not an overnight fix but it would break the wheel, and the vicious cycle.  Most guns that end up in criminal hands are stolen guns from legal transaction.  No guns to sale, no guns to steal.

Edited by ARSEN

My Dad went overseas for work back in the 90's. After spending some time in Malaysia, where it can be illegal to even own a bullet, he came back saying he'd give all of his guns up today if it meant living in that type of environment. Flash forward to 2018, and 15-20 years of FoxNews and Limbaugh and he hoards guns and thinks that he might actually have to literally fight to keep his guns. It's amazing what endless propaganda can do to the mind, even in the face of actual, contrary experiences. 

• Pie 4

4 minutes ago, PanthersBigD said:

My Dad went overseas for work back in the 90's. After spending some time in Malaysia, where it can be illegal to even own a bullet, he came back saying he'd give all of his guns up today if it meant living in that type of environment. Flash forward to 2018, and 15-20 years of FoxNews and Limbaugh and he hoards guns and thinks that he might actually have to literally fight to keep his guns. It's amazing what endless propaganda can do to the mind, even in the face of actual, contrary experiences. 

That generation loves to be told what to think. 

I think supporting a nationwide buyback program similar to something done in California would be a great first step in limiting the absurd ease with which one could acquire a gun.

Not to mention an all out ban on assault rifles and any other weapon specifically designed to kill a human being.

• Pie 1