• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

GOOGLE JIM BOB COOTER

will the local media ever turn on ron?

14 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Rodrigue genuinely does know football. She's the best The Observer has had in a while.

That said, when I read her latest articles, I get the sense she's sort of rooting for Rivera.  That's understandable because he's a nice guy, but it's not very objective.

There is no question she is talented. Her issue is that ever since Cam “embarrassed” her, she’s been on a mission to show everyone how much she knows. She also has never ever criticized this coaching staff. I agree wholeheartedly she is rooting for ron and giving him a free pass because he’s a nice guy. I’m sorry, but I just don’t find that acceptable.

The job of the media is to be middleman between the public and the team. They are suppose to hold people accountable. That is part of the job description as well. If you aren’t doing that then I couldn’t care less about how much football you know. And the same goes for vice versa. If all someone does is yell and bitch and knows nothing about football, then I have no use for them either.

Perfect examples of those are Marc James and Nathan Connley. And no surprise WFNZ employed them as well.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

Just now, NJPanthers12 said:

There is no question she is talented. Her issue is that ever since Cam “embarrassed” her, she’s been on a mission to show everyone how much she knows. She also has never ever criticized this coaching staff. I agree wholeheartedly she is rooting for ron and giving him a free pass because he’s a nice guy. I’m sorry, but I just don’t find that acceptable.

The job of the media is to be middleman between the public and the team. They are suppose to hold people accountable. That is part of the job description as well. If you aren’t doing that then I couldn’t care less about how much football you know. And the same goes for vice versa. If all someone does is yell and bitch and knows nothing about football, then I have no use for them either.

Perfect examples of those are Marc James and Nathan Connley. And no surprise WFNZ employed them as well.

I don't think she's trying to show off.  I just think she genuinely knows what she's talking about so she can discuss things on a deeper level than what we're used to from our local media.

She does need to be more objective, though I'll grant that's not as important when you're reporting on Charlotte sports than it is, say, national affairs.

can't wait for her reversal on rivera's personnel management only after he's out on his ass. 

you can't tell me these people don't know what they're doing here. "buhhh RB wasn't the problem" like yeah ok but you can sub in cj and let mccaffrey be a receiver on 3rd downs instead of getting absolutely annihilated trying to pass block. i mean he catches everything and he's a real good route runner btw in case yall haven't picked up on that. it's about making the team better you assholes. you know that though. yall just know whose ass to kiss.

• Pie 4

On 11/25/2018 at 4:49 PM, GOOGLE JIM BOB COOTER said:

will the local media ever turn on ron?

or will they just keep their heads down and, most importantly, keep punching the clock? how long did they sit on the "mister" story, anyway? are they interested in asking difficult questions or are they just hoping to coast until they get poached by sports illustrated?

No.

Keep punching clock.

Probably too inept to even know about the "mister" story, whiffed it.

Coasting and hoping they don't get fired.  SI ain't looking to our crappy local press corps for their future hires.

-----------------------------------------------

Charlotte area sports press are completely inept....mind-mindbogglingly bad.   Paper and radio both. 

Edited by GeorgeHanson

On 11/26/2018 at 9:48 AM, NJPanthers12 said:

I know everyone here loves Jourdan Rodrigue, but her and Joe Person combined to make the worst best in the NFL. Ever since the Cam incident, Jourdan is more concerned about proving to all of us she knows football. She is a true waste on the beat.

Joe Person is awful, but now also irrelevant. I hope no sane person is actually paying money to read him when I wouldn’t even read him for free. Ron embarrassed him in public once and he hasn’t challenged him since.

scott Fowler is nothing but just a name these days. All he does is write prediction pieces and brings nothing else to the table.

dont get me started on that garbage station WFNZ. Any station that continuously talks about Mark from Gastonia and allows him to be a major contributor is automatically not a legitimate media market. The people of Charlotte are having a disservice being done due to the truly awful media.

Bravo!

On 11/25/2018 at 4:57 PM, Vinício Grossi said:

WILL THE FANS EVER PROTEST????

But, for real???

We R one of the most pathetic fan base, EVER!

We care about pics and autographs.

That’s BS

Bravo!!!

On 11/25/2018 at 5:45 PM, Cookie Lyon said:

They won't. They always ask Rivera softball questions and let him get away with BS answers. His clueless ass is lucky this isn't the New York media. They would eat him ALIVE!

Ditto for Cam!

I thought they had in terms of suggesting it's time for a change.

if you mean to insult him and make personal attacks like people do online then no. They likely wont as that's for losers.

I stopped reading the observer years ago so I'm not surprised all of the beat writers still suck. I have seen some of their tweets and I'm 100% certain they get the majority their material from the huddle. There are way too many cheerleaders in Charlotte sports media and that's part of the reason why mediocrity is common in Charlotte sports. The Hornets have had the same beat writer since the 80s and he is the only one! Why doesn't the Huddle start some kind of show or podcast? I know Igo did it a few year back but......Eh. Charlotte sports needs a mass overhaul in all aspects. Get writers who actually know how to ask the tough questions and rebuild all of the teams. 

• Pie 1

It's been this way with the local media for years.

But you saw how quickly each of them pounced after the Cam/Rodrigue fiasco. :thinking:

Edited by TheRed
  • Pie 2