Jump to content
  • Hey There!

    Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

OldNorthPowell

Should have tanked

Recommended Posts

I wanted to believe in this team this year, but my belief in the offseason of the team needing to tank may prove to be correct. This was a good year to tank. Top heavy, but good draft in the top 5 to 7. Instead we may be picking around 11 to 14. Our typical spot in the last 4 to 5 years. Should have tanked. Thoughts?

  • Beer 1
  • Poo 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


For the draft lottery? The Bobcats had the worst team in NBA history, and still couldn't get the 1st pick.

All this talk of tanking frankly sounds like the reaction of a child.

How about actually improve the league itself?

  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TheRed said:

For the draft lottery? The Bobcats had the worst team in NBA history, and still couldn't get the 1st pick.

All this talk of tanking frankly sounds like the reaction of a child.

How about actually improve the league itself?

Ask Philly about that or maybe Cleveland or OKC. It tends to pan out quite a bit. Picking at 10 to 12 every year is not improving the team. Results speak for themselves. Rich Cho is no longer around, give Mitch a chance. He hit a homerun with Bridges. The league will not change any time soon. They are okay with super teams. 

  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Poo 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yea the NBA isn't changing, if anything it will continue to go more and more towards super teams because it seems like that's what the new age players want. The only way to truly compete will be going the Philly/GS route or being a major market or such. 

 

Charlotte isn't the latter so it has to go the former route. Only way to compete is to tank and take chances. 

Trade Kemba for a first and a group of young players while his stock is at it's highest. Go full on complete tank and get a top 3 pick. Repeat next year. You then have Bridges, Monk and two younger players to build a team around. With Mitch the draft shouldn't be a complete crap shoot. 

 

In the NBA you really only have two options to compete, small markets only have one option and then they have to hit homeruns.

  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, TheRed said:

For the draft lottery? The Bobcats had the worst team in NBA history, and still couldn't get the 1st pick.

All this talk of tanking frankly sounds like the reaction of a child.

How about actually improve the league itself?

 

1 hour ago, Billy_T said:

They did, went 7-59, worst in entire history of NBA.  Went 28-120 over the course of 2 years....

....it didn't work.

Cant stand when people like yall say it dont work. Sure the balls didnt bounced our way our whether it was rigged. More so the latter. But, it didn’t work bc we drafted a bust in MKG over a someone like Bradley Beal when we needed a shooter. I was guilty too. I wanted MKG over Beal but    the last time I checked, I didn’t get paid millions to be the GM of then Bobcats.

We needed a BIG and we passed on Drummond. He wouldve been a great #2 pick. 

Hell, we couldve taken Harrison Barnes and it wouldve looked pretty damn good. But we took a guy who could not shoot the damn ball. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Billy_T said:

They did, went 7-59, worst in entire history of NBA.  Went 28-120 over the course of 2 years....

....it didn't work.

So, doing it once and going full retard and picking MKG over Bradley Beal (who I wanted), Drummond, and even Damian Lillard for instance. Means we shouldn't do it again? There's some logic there, I'm sure. 

  • Pie 1
  • Poo 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, JakeDel5674 said:

So, doing it once and going full retard and picking MKG over Bradley Beal (who I wanted), Drummond, and even Damian Lillard for instance. Means we shouldn't do it again? There's some logic there, I'm sure. 

Yes, that's exactly what it means. 

The likelihood of Air Maximum successfully executing a tank strategy (even if he could afford to) is about the same as you expecting Frank the Tank to start dunking from the free-throw line -- namely, zero chance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Nice-Carolina-Chuck said:

 

Cant stand when people like yall say it dont work. Sure the balls didnt bounced our way our whether it was rigged. More so the latter. But, it didn’t work bc we drafted a bust in MKG over a someone like Bradley Beal when we needed a shooter. I was guilty too. I wanted MKG over Beal but    the last time I checked, I didn’t get paid millions to be the GM of then Bobcats.

We needed a BIG and we passed on Drummond. He wouldve been a great #2 pick. 

Hell, we couldve taken Harrison Barnes and it wouldve looked pretty damn good. But we took a guy who could not shoot the damn ball. 

Oh it works, but only when you have a man at the wheel who is both smart enough, and has the requisite amount of funding....

....to to take on and properly execute such a strategy.

  • Poo 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Nice-Carolina-Chuck said:

Seriously. This team will not win 15 games without Kemba.

If Air Maximus is gonna tank isn't losing as much as possible the goal?

Assuming you are not on board with the (illogical thinking) tank crew?

  • Poo 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Billy_T said:

Oh it works, but only when you have a man at the wheel who is both smart enough, and has the requisite amount of funding....

....to to take on and properly execute such a strategy.

I believe in Mitch. He aint Cho

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Billy_T said:

If Air Maximus is gonna tank isn't losing as much as possible the goal?

Assuming you are not on board with the (illogical thinking) tank crew?

Yeah how many wins do we have now? Like 12? Trade Kemba today and see. We’ll end the season at 15 wins. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



  • Member Statistics

    • Total Members
      19,634
    • Most Online
      2,867

    Newest Member
    TwentyAteThree
    Joined
  • Topics

  • Forum Statistics

    • Total Topics
      144,528
    • Total Posts
      4,650,054
×