• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

332nd

I'm Glad I'm Leaving Wisconsin.

Granted this has probably been brought up here, but I think it deserves it's own thread.

https://www-m.cnn.com/2018/12/05/politics/wisconsin-legislature-power/index.html?r=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.internationalskeptics.com%2Fforums%2Fshowthread.php%3Ft%3D333637

Basically, the Wisconsin  state legislature (held by the GOP) wrote & passed a bunch of bills stripping power from the Democrat Governor & Attorney General elect. 

Can't drop a lawsuit against Obamacare.

State legislature can hire their own lawyers to defend state law.

Etc...

A judge quashed it, but the fact that they even tried makes Vermont look even better... & My fugging mother-in-law lives there.

I have to shake my head at crap like this. Both parties do this and it’s so damn short sighted. Do these fools realize that attempting strip power from the governor will come back to bite them in the ass if they ever gained the governorship? Plus it hurts the citizens.

36 minutes ago, Saha said:

I have to shake my head at crap like this. Both parties do this and it’s so damn short sighted. Do these fools realize that attempting strip power from the governor will come back to bite them in the ass if they ever gained the governorship? Plus it hurts the citizens.

The topic is Wisconsin. 1 party is attempting to do this. 

• Pie 3

I dont remember dems doing this when I was a Republican. This is a common tactic by Republicans recently 

• Pie 2

op ed on pubes abandoning democracy

Especially after last week’s court filings in the ongoing investigations of President Trump, his critics have good reason to focus on the threats he poses to democracy and the rule of law. But the president is not alone in his party.

In case after case, Republicans have demonstrated an eagerness to undercut democracy and tilt the rules of the game if doing so serves their ideological interests. The quiet coup by the GOP-controlled legislature in Wisconsin is designed to defy the voters’ wishes. It reflects an abandonment of the disciplines that self-government requires.

Republican indifference to democratic norms is not confined to Wisconsin. Republicans in Michigan (which also replaced a Republican governor with a Democrat this year) are working on a similar effort.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/are-republicans-abandoning-democracy/2018/12/09/8ad0b278-fa62-11e8-8c9a-860ce2a8148f_story.html?utm_term=.5d0fd9edc4e1

and all know what happened in the old north state.

12 hours ago, Saha said:

This is at least the second Republican state legislature that has attempted to remove power from other offices in order to remain in power against the will of the state's citizens. North Carolina did it, but luckily we just voted out the Republican Super Majority. It'll still be a long road to fix the damage the Republicans have done to our state legislature. There's actual voter fraud going on in NC and no surprise it's Republicans. Stop with your 'both side!' nonsense. Democrats have their glaring flaws, but this type of poo is a Republican specialty. 

• Pie 3

The rules are that if its a Supreme Court justice you have to wait to hear the will of the voters; anything else, you need to specifically not listen to them and do whatever you want.

• Pie 3

5 hours ago, Cat said:

I dont remember dems doing this when I was a Republican. This is a common tactic by Republicans recently 

Yeah, I don't remember Dems doing this either. That's not to say Dems haven't engaged in fuggery, but I seriously don't recall this.

• Pie 2