• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

2 minutes ago, leoslayer said:

We found Jake for nothing.

We did pretty well getting Stevie B.

We'll be ok.

How many legit starting QBs are found as afterthoughts on the FA market? We got very little finding Jake. We're probably in for some rough years inmediately following Cam. 

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

How many legit starting QBs are found as afterthoughts on the FA market? We got very little finding Jake. We're probably in for some rough years inmediately following Cam. 

We have to endure a rough year or two to get a replacement. That’s just how it works. I honestly expect 3-4 bad years once Cam is done. 

Lets just hope we find a russel Wilson 6th round pick a year before Cam is released. 

3 minutes ago, Tbe said:

We have to endure a rough year or two to get a replacement. That’s just how it works. I honestly expect 3-4 bad years once Cam is done. 

Lets just hope we find a russel Wilson 6th round pick a year before Cam is released. 

Wilson was a 3rd rounder. Brady was the 6th rounder.

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

Ah..you’re right. Let’s get a Brady in the 6th then :)

• Pie 1

I think some people don’t get it. It’s hard to find a franchise QB. Cam has given his all to this franchise and he is not done yet. The real issue this year is the defense. We will make moves to improve. I already like what I see from the young guys we have on offense under a new OC. Good times are ahead. And a Super Bowl will be ours soon..

29 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

There will be a big chunk of this fanbase that is in for a rude awakening in the post-Cam era unless we luck into another stud as Cam is winding down like the Packers did with Favre/Rodgers or the Niners did with Montana/Young. Most franchises spend a few years floundering pretty hard after losing their long-term franchise QB.

We didn't luck into Cam, he was chosen with much thought. If it comes down to it, we will choose our next franchise QB with much thought (if we don't luck into one in the meantime).

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, SpeedOFLight said:

I think some people don’t get it. It’s hard to find a franchise QB. Cam has given his all to this franchise and he is not done yet. The real issue this year is the defense. We will make moves to improve. I already like what I see from the young guys we have on offense under a new OC. Good times are ahead. And a Super Bowl will be ours soon..

We’ve had two big issues this year A poor defense and a qb with a weak shoulder who has struggled at crunch time. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, Mikey818 said:

We’ve had two big issues this year A poor defense and a qb with a weak shoulder who has struggled at crunch time. 

He will be fine going forward. He is a little beat up this year but there is always a good chance we win with him on the field. Get some rest this offense. Get a solid tackle for him and retool the d. We back in there 

11 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Ironically we had targeted Wilson in the 4th round. That would have been historically crazy if we had drafted him.

6 minutes ago, top dawg said:

We didn't luck into Cam, he was chosen with much thought. If it comes down to it, we will choose our next franchise QB with much thought (if we don't luck into one in the meantime).

We lucked into Jake, not Cam. With Cam, we lucked into the #1 overall pick. We've had plenty of sucky seasons but only one #1 overall pick. Finding a franchise QB is hard. It's why every mediocre or better QB out there who comes up for a contract is getting $20M+ per year. Our chances of finding two back to back seamlessly is very slim. Montana/Young, Favre/Rodgers, and Manning/Luck are about the only ones I can think of off the top of my head.

3 minutes ago, Snake said:

Ironically we had targeted Wilson in the 4th round. That would have been historically crazy if we had drafted him.

It would've been awesome being able to flip him for some nice picks.

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

We lucked into Jake, not Cam. With Cam, we lucked into the #1 overall pick. We've had plenty of sucky seasons but only one #1 overall pick. Finding a franchise QB is hard. It's why every mediocre or better QB out there who comes up for a contract is getting $20M+ per year. Our chances of finding two back to back seamlessly is very slim. Montana/Young, Favre/Rodgers, and Manning/Luck are about the only ones I can think of off the top of my head.

Tepper will make sure that Cam/futurepanthersqb is next on the list.