• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Mr. Scot

Newton's longevity

I'm curious as to how many people are concerned about it at this point given the injuries and such.

Have your estimates of how many years he has left changed?

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Poo 1

It's a concern, but given a better offensive line and playcalling (plus just a chance to rest and reset after this dreadful year, which has surely sapped his confidence), I don't feel as bad about it as I did on Sunday.

He is an athletic freak, who can easily clean up the shoulder and help himself by dedicating his training to basic QB fundamentals such as footwork, and he can easily be a top tier qb the next ten years. He has everything you want but does get sloppy at times which causes the overthrow. He is as tough as they come and the new QB protection rules can help play into that. I believe he will be just fine. 

• Pie 1
  • Poo 2

8 minutes ago, countryboi said:

almost everytime Cam has gotten hurt it has been in the pocket

not sure why people dont understand this. he's not gonna get hurt while he is running because he can brace for the hit and run behind his pads. it's gonna be while he's in a throwing motion and gets hit in an awkward place like against the Steelers or from someone in the pocket falling on his knee

Edited by KillaCamNewton
  • Pie 2

Inside the pocket vs outside the pocket isn't really relevant to the question here though.

The question is, in what you perceive to be his current state of health, how much longer do you think he can go?

• Pie 1

When your quarterback plays quarterback like a running back, do not be shocked if his longevity is closer to a running back than a quarterback.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

8 minutes ago, WarPanthers89 said:

He is an athletic freak, who can easily clean up the shoulder and help himself by dedicating his training to basic QB fundamentals such as footwork, and he can easily be a top tier qb the next ten years. He has everything you want but does get sloppy at times which causes the overthrow. He is as tough as they come and the new QB protection rules can help play into that. I believe he will be just fine. 

lol @ cam and the word protection. you watch many games?

• Poo 1

6 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Inside the pocket vs outside the pocket isn't really relevant to the question here though.

The question is, in what you perceive to be his current state of health, how much longer do you think he can go?

At a Pro Bowl rate? Three years or so. At an NFL player rate? Seven to eight.

Those are what I'd say are the maximums.

Edited by Carl Spackler

7 minutes ago, RumHam said:

We. Need. To. Start. Looking. If Grier is available, we need to take him.

Meh, Grier sucks 

This isn't a question that can be answered unless you actually know the status of his throwing shoulder.

Regardless, time waits for no man. Not even Cam Newton. It's a bummer that there are so many grown men out here so eager to take pleasure or solace in discussing the end of his career. As if the only thing that ultimately matters is when he's finally out of here. But that's the nature of sports fandom, you see it all the time in the NBA with guys like LeBron.

21 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Have your estimates of how many years he has left changed?

They haven't changed. I've always felt he'd probably last until 33 or 34. So 4 to 5 more years*.

*all predictions wrong, or your money back!

• Pie 1