• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

BrianS

Ron Rivera: Just Average

Rivera understands the players (locker room)  but seems to struggle to understand the game. He should thank Cam and Luke for the wins, but he gets out coached a lot--even some of the wins were embarrassing in this area.  Game management, personnel decisions, coaching assignments--he sucks in these areas.

I sense he is losing the locker room.  That is all he has.

• Pie 5
  • Beer 1

31 minutes ago, BrianS said:

We caught lightning in a bottle that year, and it had almost nothing to do with coaching.  See:  SB50 result.

I understand what you’re trying to say and agree he is average or slightly above but not much more.  

This quote I can’t agree with though. To say that coaching had almost nothing to do with the success that year is disingenuous. 

A franchise that has always enjoyed being under the radar and mediocre play was good enough as long as Jerry wasn't losing money.  Consecutive sellouts and butts in seats didn't apply pressure for change.  We're not a new franchise, it's time to expect more and not be satisfied just to "be here".  I think the Tepper era will move us to that next level.  And get us a coach that understands this is the new philosophy.  It ain't Ron.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

39 minutes ago, Jangler said:

member when we hated John Fox? 

what is the common denominator?

Everything Jerry Richardson has to go.

We're going to hate the new coach at some point. It's bound to happen.

• Beer 1
  • Pumpkin Spice Latte 1

6 minutes ago, Car123 said:

Most NFL coaches have been hated out of town. but that's no nevermind of mine.

i'm pretty sure that's a song

What I see is Rivera getting all the attention from 2015 but it really was McDermott that was driving the ship on the defense. Meaning Rivera isn't poo without great coordinators and cant coach his coordinators just like players. 

• Pie 1

Not to support RR, but you cant run an "average" when you exclude a whole year of games! That is not how averages work. You don't get to exclude the year we did well just to justify the narrative you want to paint.  

And RR isnt poo without coordinators? That's like saying Cam isnt poo without an O-line, or CMC isnt poo without lead blockers. Such is a GIVEN! That is how teams work: Those at the top rely and depend on others to do their job. 

• Pie 8
  • Beer 1

18 hours ago, Car123 said:

Yep, and the time will come when we hate on Tepper as well. Ohh remember the days when we loved JR because of the wholesome family environment? When we thought it was cool to eat at Bojangles and talk about how great it was our owner was self made, or how much better and classy we thought we were over other fan bases because of the "family" atmosphere?

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, coralreefer_1 said:

Not to support RR, but you cant run an "average" when you exclude a whole year of games! That is not how averages work. You don't get to exclude the year we did well just to justify the narrative you want to paint.  

And RR isnt poo without coordinators? That's like saying Cam isnt poo without an O-line, or CMC isnt poo without lead blockers. Such is a GIVEN! That is how teams work: Those at the top rely and depend on others to do their job. 

A manager job is to train his staff and make sure they are in the perfect position that fit their skills. Rivera job as a coach is the same, but also to make his players and coordinators better at their jobs. Its a business just like others. And some head coaches are coordinators also meaning they don't need one of them. And coaches train their coordinators into better ones. 

Edited by Byrdman4real

17 hours ago, Byrdman4real said:

A manager job is to train his staff and make sure they are in the perfect position that fit their skills. Rivera job as a coach is the same, but also to make his players and coordinators better at their jobs. Its a business just like others. 

Agreed. Your statement was "McDermott was driving the ship" on defense. He was the defensive coordinator, and was hired by...whom? He did the job he was hired to do (drive and lead the defense) for the man that hired him. 

• Pie 1

I don’t understand how people can say Ron is a top 7-10 coach when he’s had three winning seasons. He hasn’t really done much more than Fox. I like the guy as a person but his style is wearing thin, I think it shows on the field. Players haven’t stopped playing for him but they aren’t giving 100% either

• Pie 3