Jump to content
  • Hey There!

    Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Trill OG

Let Cam sit and rehab until midseason next year. Sign Kaepernick as his backup.

Recommended Posts

Kaepernick gives us a realistic chance to stay competitive until Cam has fully recovered from his shoulder procedure. You can't find a better backup in terms of being a similar QB to Cam. We wouldn't have to change our system and can still have the RPO in the playbook. Tepper already signed his buddy Eric Reid. The only reason im skeptical about this signing would be the NFL and the refs. I think they would do everything in their power to make Kaepernick a failure on the field.

  • Pie 4
  • Poo 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Well you see what has happened to us since we signed Eric Reid, so probably a no go if we want to do something. But drafting someone should be a priority

  • Beer 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, bull123 said:

Stupidest thing I ever read on the huddle

After reading the Huddle for the last 12 hours, THIS is what you hang your hat on?

 

I see where you're coming from.

  • Pie 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Trill OG said:

Kaepernick gives us a realistic chance to stay competitive until Cam has fully recovered from his shoulder procedure. You can't find a better backup in terms of being a similar QB to Cam. We wouldn't have to change our system and can still have the RPO in the playbook. Tepper already signed his buddy Eric Reid. The only reason im skeptical about this signing would be the NFL and the refs. I think they would do everything in their power to make Kaepernick a failure on the field.

We aren't signing Kaep and Cam doesn't need until midseason next year. Let his offseason start now so that he may seek medical opinions about what needs to be done. IR him and let Taylor play.

And for the love of god, do not fire Rivera. When we were 6-2, no one had this issue. Cam's shoulder and inability to practice is not Rivera's fault. The fact that we lost 12-9 to the Saints, with Rivera calling the defense, should be reason for optimism rather than pessimism about his coaching ability. He deserves one more season with Turner calling the offense and him calling the defense. 

  • Pie 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Porn Shop Clerk said:

After reading the Huddle for the last 12 hours, THIS is what you hang your hat on?

 

I see where you're coming from.

Draw whatever conclusions you choose...but Kap is a cancer and I want him nowhere near our team 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, CPcavedweller said:

We aren't signing Kaep and Cam doesn't need until midseason next year. Let his offseason start now so that he may seek medical opinions about what needs to be done. IR him and let Taylor play.

And for the love of god, do not fire Rivera. When we were 6-2, no one had this issue. Cam's shoulder and inability to practice is not Rivera's fault. The fact that we lost 12-9 to the Saints, with Rivera calling the defense, should be reason for optimism rather than pessimism about his coaching ability. He deserves one more season with Turner calling the offense and him calling the defense. 

Well, doesn't he deserve blame for promoting someone who was not capable as a defensive coordinator and then allowing him to continue to fail before finally making a change? That kind of hangs on his head. Also, how about trotting out an ineffective and injured QB over and over and over instead of sitting him down and letting him heal? 

That pretty much does make quite a bit of this his fault. Not all. He surely didn't sign up for the spate of injuries we have had to deal with all season long but he also hasn't exactly been stellar. 

  • Pie 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, bull123 said:

Draw whatever conclusions you choose...but Kap is a cancer and I want him nowhere near our team 

While Kaepernick may indeed be the best of the current couch free agents, I will never forgive him for mocking Cam and also just generally being a little bitch when he was in SF.

  • Beer 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, kungfoodude said:

Well, doesn't he deserve blame for promoting someone who was not capable as a defensive coordinator and then allowing him to continue to fail before finally making a change? That kind of hangs on his head. Also, how about trotting out an ineffective and injured QB over and over and over instead of sitting him down and letting him heal? 

That pretty much does make quite a bit of this his fault. Not all. He surely didn't sign up for the spate of injuries we have had to deal with all season long but he also hasn't exactly been stellar. 

Hindsight is 20/20. Promoting someone and it not working out was bound to happen after having Sean and Washington leave in back to back offseasons. Rivera made the change and I think that the results should be carried in to next season. 

As for Cam playing injured, exactly how effective do you believe Taylor would've been when we were 6-3? Do you think he could've led us to a 5-2 record over the last 7 weeks? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To end the race baiting going on here lately, I will say KAP would give us a better chance to win right now then Cam. There are better options out there though. 

  • Pie 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, CPcavedweller said:

Hindsight is 20/20. Promoting someone and it not working out was bound to happen after having Sean and Washington leave in back to back offseasons. Rivera made the change and I think that the results should be carried in to next season. 

As for Cam playing injured, exactly how effective do you believe Taylor would've been when we were 6-3? Do you think he could've led us to a 5-2 record over the last 7 weeks? 

I think Taylor is a bum but I am willing to bet he won at least one game versus the zero games we have won. I mean...how much MORE ineffective does our QB need to be for them to see that he needs to be resting and rehabbing?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×