• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Cracka McNasty

Drew Brees passer rating when targeting Jackson and Bradberry last night? A 42.4 (Jackson) and a 2.8 when targeting Bradberry. Not a typo, a 2.8 passer rating.

Pretty damn good against one of the best all time. Looks like Rivera knew how to utilize these young corners better than anyone since McD. 

If only we had been doing it all year. 

• Pie 5

Just now, TheSpecialJuan said:

Drew Bees was off his game last night 

Because our corners were lights out studs. 

Also, Luke was doing Luke things again, which was super. 

• Pie 5
  • Beer 1

5 minutes ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

Drew Bees was off his game last night 

He has been his last three games.  I do think there is a pretty good chance that he sits for our game if the Aints win next week.

• Beer 1

Just now, t96 said:

Bradberry has shut down Mike Evans twice, Julio Jones and now Mike Thomas... The guy is a stud. Donte has had his rookie moments but has overall been great and has insanely high potential. Safeties and nickel are the issue in the secondary, not Donte or Bradberry.

I'd even say with regards to safety that either Adams or Reid alone are solid at SS and getting a rangy FS who can cover would be a major boost to the secondary, a la Mitchell (fast but crap in coverage so not the best example) and Mikell in 2013.

• Pie 1

If this d showed up all year we’d be in the WC spot no problem. I noticed we pressed more, Bradberry does a good job in press. 

9 minutes ago, KSpan said:

I'd even say with regards to safety that either Adams or Reid alone are solid at SS and getting a rangy FS who can cover would be a major boost to the secondary, a la Mitchell (fast but crap in coverage so not the best example) and Mikell in 2013.

Yep. If we can get a ball hawk and a decent slot guy, I think we're good.

I don't think we have either of those on the roster. Gaulden isn't really much of anything, I really think he was a wasted pick with tons of other natural Safeties available (like the younger Reid brother) and unfortunately Corn hasn't looked that great either.

So hopefully we make those moves next year and things look up. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

So why didn't we do this several weeks ago?

We let JuJu Smith Schuster take one to the end zone on their first play in primetime, and then from there proceeded to basically fall flat on our faces and let the Steelers score at will.

How can you be that Jekyll/Hyde from execution issues alone?

We threw away a season because Ron couldn't get past his stubborn loyalty to his buddies on the coaching staff.

• Pie 3

27 minutes ago, t96 said:

Bradberry has shut down Mike Evans twice, Julio Jones and now Mike Thomas... The guy is a stud. Donte has had his rookie moments but has overall been great and has insanely high potential. Safeties and nickel are the issue in the secondary, not Donte or Bradberry.

Every time Bradberry is given a specific assignment to shadow the opposing team's #1, he's lights out.

Every time Bradberry is just kept on "his side" and asked to play 10 yards away from the opposing WR in majority zone coverage, he sux.

Its almost as if these are the kinds of tendencies coaches are paid to notice.

Edited by tiger7_88
  • Pie 2

Problem with Bradberry is he is too inconsistent 

Dude shuts down Mike Evans, has a Solid game vs Julio.

Then gets wrecked vs the Browns, Ashlon Jeffries, and several other WR

He either looks Really solid or Bad barely looking like a #2 guy

• Pie 1