• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

DeFilippo went from hero to zero QUICK. He looked like a sure thing to become a head coach next season, now he might be fortunate to get another OC gig.

I remember how long past Black Monday when Richardson/Hurney finally canned Fox. By that time all that was left.....

ipTzBLu.jpg

Edited by Kevin Greene
  • Pie 4

Florio made note of the fact that there are loads of former head coaches out there that nobody's calling, at least so far.

Plenty of former NFL coaches aren't drawing interest yet

Among the familiar names, there's Jeff Fisher, Rob Chudzinski, Gus Bradley, Ken Whisenhunt, Leslie Frazier, Todd Haley, Mike McCoy, our old Buddy John Fox and OC Norv Turner.

(though if I recall correctly, Turner said his wife threatened him with bodily harm if he ever took another head coaching job)

Edited by Mr. Scot

If I'm the Brown's ownership, I go all in on Bruce Arians.

Makes too much sense.

Bring him in to coach the team. Keep Kitchens as OC (what he was for Arians in AZ), build continuity for Baker and have him waiting in the wings for when BA steps down. Bring in newly fired Todd Bowles to coach the defense, where he was great. 

The Browns doing things that make sense is a little too far out a concept for me to wrap my mind around :thinking:

• Pie 1

Might be worth throwing in some assistant news here since there are rumors that the Panthers might be looking at some point.

Assistant coaches that have recently found themselves looking for work...

Falcons OC Steve Sarkisian

Falcons DC Marquand Manuel

Falcons ST Coach Keith Armstrong (considered to be one of the best in the business)

Lions OC Jim Bob Cooter

Cardinals OC Byron Leftwich

Cardinals DC Al Holcomb (former Panthers LB coach)

Every time I see or hear the name "Jim Bob Cooter" I can't help but wonder if that name is the longest running troll job in the history of pro sports. I just can't wrap my mind around the possibility of that actually being a real name. That's straight out of The Onion.

• Pie 1

12 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Every time I see or hear the name "Jim Bob Cooter" I can't help but wonder if that name is the longest running troll job in the history of pro sports. I just can't wrap my mind around the possibility of that actually being a real name. That's straight out of The Onion.

He's also the one who got drunk, climbed through a window and wound up in bed with a lady he didn't know.

(she was reported to be slightly upset over the matter)

That probably trumps former Detroit DL Coach Joe Cullen's naked trip to a Wendy's drive-thru.

The Lions have employed some really interesting assistants :fear:

Edited by Mr. Scot

Just saw where Ian Rapoport is saying that former Broncos head coach Gary Kubiak could also be a candidate for the Falcons offensive coordinator job.

Kubiak had retired from the Broncos for "health reasons". 

Kliff Kingsberry getting interviews boggles my mind. Wasn’t he fired from Texas Tech? A middle of the road Big 12 team

8 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

He's also the one who got drunk, climbed through a window and wound up in bed with a lady he didn't know.

(she was reported to be slightly upset over the matter)

That probably trumps former Detroit DL Coach Joe Cullen's naked trip to a Wendy's drive-thru.

The Lions have employed some really interesting assistants :fear:

Well, naturally. That sounds exactly like something that a Jim Bob Cooter would do.

• Pie 1

Notably absent is Panthers DC Eric Washington.  I mean if the past two years have taught us anything it's that the league wants our groomed defensive leaders. 

5 hours ago, Yaboychris28 said:

Kliff Kingsberry getting interviews boggles my mind. Wasn’t he fired from Texas Tech? A middle of the road Big 12 team

Yes. for having a losing record. This young OC fad because it worked a few times is funny.