Carolina Huddle

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jeremy Igo

Quarterback Possibilities for the Carolina Panthers

On ‎1‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 8:55 AM, Jeremy Igo said:

You do realize that Cam could not throw a ball 20 yards in December, right? 

I remember you saying it was overblown and he was lobbing bombs in practice not too long ago....after speculation of his shoulder injury began. It seems a little peculiar. I didn't expect this thread from you. No disrespect intended. I'm grateful for the service and the insider access you provide.

Hold this Kyle Allen kid as the benchmark and draft someone comfortably if we think they're better (but past round 2).  

Brett Rypien and Gardner Minshew look just as good as these other guys.  Take a stab at one of them and if we sit Cam, we'll probably get a top-5 2020 pick or on the flip side, we find a diamond in the rough in a rookie or Allen.  Hurney and Rivera go on a long walk out of town and the franchise reboots entirely in 2020.  

9 hours ago, davos said:

My choice: Gardner Minshew Wash St

2018 PAC 12 OFFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE YEAR

6'2 220 | Mustache | Great mechanics | Agile as frick

8724833.png?fit=bounds&crop=620:320,offs

Dat stash is worth a 3rd

1 minute ago, Shocker said:

Dat stash is worth a 3rd

Toats

8278a03a9c525e7f8f6960b002abb317-origina

Allen is ok I guess. He needs to put some muscle on though. Tyrod and Teddy suck, no thanks. If there is a solid FA available you have to pull the trigger. Allen, FA, and draft a project.

I would get Joe Flacco in Free Agency. Keep Kyle Allen for depth. And would draft a Will Grier for more depth to get us situated well with the QB position and let Cam take as much time as he needs to get his shoulder 100%. If that means sit an entire year like Andrew Luck I am for it 100%

On 1/4/2019 at 11:07 AM, TheRed said:

Drafting a QB just to say you did regardless of the quality of the draft class is what the Browns did for years.

It's not like they didn't miss on multiple QBs over the years...

I'm not predicting or advocating it but if Tepper is in ti Analytics than a QB might be an analytical move.

10 hours ago, davos said:

Toats

8278a03a9c525e7f8f6960b002abb317-origina

Mustache AND headband!! I’m sold!

If your are concerned about a QB for next year you have to bring in a veteran Qb not a rookie.

9 minutes ago, Panic said:

If your are concerned about a QB for next year you have to bring in a veteran Qb not a rookie.

I like the idea of bringing in Tannehill and letting him compete with Allen.

No tannehill he can't stay healthy. Bring in joe flacco and let cam sit out as long as he needs to get hs shoulder back to 100%

The Panthers have two young QB who they like and are developing. I don't have a problem with Allen starting at QB next season if Cam doesn't recover. If Cam doesn't recover then next season will be a losing season, and we need to lose hard so that we have a top 10 pick to address the QB position. If Allen gives us a winning season, then no need to address the QB position. If Allen doesn't have it, then we have a top 10 pick and we go QB. 

Flacco would be a good fit if the price was right .   Let him compete with Allen to see who starts.  It would give us a proven QB behind Cam .