• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Jeremy Igo

Tampa Bay hires Bruce Arians as head coach

2 minutes ago, Sean Payton's Vicodin said:

Even in 2017 we still struggled. Remember the Christmas Eve game? We couldn't move the ball against that poo defense. Now they get Todd bowles who is a good dc

I don’t disagree that they got better. I just think saying struggling is a bit strong. Especially since DA played in one of those losses and one was week 17 of a 6-10 season. 

Truthfully I can’t remeber the specifics of that game off the top of my head. But saying the Panthers played down to the opposing team’s level isn’t limited to just the Bucs. We always do that poo. 

• Pie 1

29 minutes ago, Sean Payton's Vicodin said:

2, because ron played cam at the end of the failed 2016 season and ruined his throwing arm in the process

It’s crazy how similiar that game in Tampa and this year’s game in Tampa were as far as how noticeable it was that Cam was hurt. The difference is only one of those games mattered. Ugh....

I like the guy, watched him in AZ. But I don't see him keeping Winston. If he keeps Fitzpatrick.. then I'd be a little worried. 

• Pie 1

47 minutes ago, RoaringRiot said:

I can see why you used 2016 as a starting point since we won six in a row against them before that. 

Or because 2016 is when their coach who was just fired for poor performance started coaching the team.

Edited by KSpan
  • Beer 1

10 minutes ago, KSpan said:

Or because 2016 is when their coach who was just fired for poor performance started coaching the team.

No, I get it. I still disagree. 

I am of the opinion that most folks never gave Tampa much credit to how tough they can be, even when we were owning the battles.  

Bruce Arians is a coach players will play hard for. The team will get better, but is that really any surprise?

Who really expects a team to remain stagnant, or get worse...oh wait, forgot whom I was talking to. 

• Beer 1

40 minutes ago, Ivan The Awesome said:

I like the guy, watched him in AZ. But I don't see him keeping Winston. If he keeps Fitzpatrick.. then I'd be a little worried. 

This.

TB now has a QB issue to deal with.

2 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

3-3 againat a team that hasn't made the playoffs in over a decade ain't great.

Also not struggling, you'd need a losing record to quantify that. Also 1 game without Cam, and one with Cam and no arm if memory serves...

If Cam comes back healthy I don't think there's much reason, we beat a better Cardinals team with him as the coach as well, and the Buccs still have a bad defense, and last I checked Winston is still the QB. 

Will need to see them in action first before ''worry'' creeps in. 

Games against the Bucs just became a little more interesting.

Bruce is a definite upgrade for Tampa.

• Beer 1

we aren't afraid.  we're bummed they improved.  i'm bummed we didn't get bowles as dc.  games with tampa def just got more interesting.

3 hours ago, RoaringRiot said:

I can see why you used 2016 as a starting point since we won six in a row against them before that. 

2016 is also the year Cam got injured.

We haven't been doing as fantastically overall since that happened. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

2 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Bottom line is there is little doubt that Tampa Bay improves with this news. Arians is a good coach, something the Bucs haven't had since Tony Dungy.

I don’t think Arians will be around long enough to be a real threat. And Rivera always outcoaches Arians... only game he lost to him I think was early 2013 in a game where Cam was terrible 

Expect lots of deep routes from Tampa Bay with Arians. This further underscores how badly we need to improve our pass rush.