Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ncsu12engr

What to do with Matt Kalil

His contract is awful, but I think it would be in the teams best interest to cut him now and absorb all the dead money in one season rather than putting a whole bunch of it on 2020. 

trade his ass. Surely we are not the dumbest team in the league. Actually we may be because of him, but any mofo with that kind of contract and also the joke of not just fans, not just  the media..but even other damn players about being a turnstall is enough to get rid of his ass. 

I'll never forgive Ryan Kalil, as great as he was, for allowing/laughing behind the scenes this bull with his brother. 

I would absolutely cut him with a post-June 1 designation as soon as the team is eligible to do that.

Yeah, there would be dead money for the next 3 years of about $5M per year, but there would also be cap-savings in the first year of over $7M and the next two years of $11M and $11.5M (base salary + roster + work-out bonuses).

Change all the locks in the facility.  Turn off the lights when he comes around. 

2 hours ago, tiger7_88 said:

I would absolutely cut him with a post-June 1 designation as soon as the team is eligible to do that.

Yeah, there would be dead money for the next 3 years of about $5M per year, but there would also be cap-savings in the first year of over $7M and the next two years of $11M and $11.5M (base salary + roster + work-out bonuses).

And the roster spot is worth something-- I am not sure I want him as a reserve.  Clark was not good, but better than MK.

3 hours ago, tiger7_88 said:

It’s spread over two years not 3. $7m in savings this year (you can use it on draft picks so we’d get most of it) and $6 in 2020. Also a big cash savings. Keeping him on the roster to avoid dead cap gets silly because you still net $7m less in cap because his cap numbers on the roster are higher.

Cut his ass. Paying him anymore new cash is a waste. 

31 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

And the roster spot is worth something-- I am not sure I want him as a reserve.  Clark was not good, but better than MK.

As someone to play in a few spots, as a backup, Clark might not be terrible.  He's not the answer as a consistent starter, and he's never going to look like more than an awkward stork coming out of his stance, but if he can just hold up for a half or a handful of plays here and there, he's worth it at a minimum salary.

Cut him. With that $7 Million Dollar savings, offer Daryl Williams a 1-year prove it deal if he doesn't get what he wants in Free Agency / won't sign long-term at a lower rate due to his injury.

2019 Offensive Line:
Moton
Van Roten / FA / Draft
Larsen / FA / Draft
Trai Turner
Daryl Williams

This would be my ideal situation. There is no reason to keep Matt Kalil, even with that contract. He would be riding the bench and taking up a roster spot. Open up a spot and cut our losses.

Can someone explain how we save $7M by cutting Kalil?  It's my understanding that his dead cap money for the next 2 years is rough. 

That being said, I'd prefer to cut him and then use Captain, Adams & Searcy's savings to offset the Kalil hit.

Maybe I'm reading it wrong on Spotrac, but I didn't think we "save" anything with him until 2021.

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • There was no sex trafficking going on...100% fake news. Who are you saying makes these "women think this is the only thing they can do"?  You do realize the place was run by some middle aged women, right? Do you care about "the truth"?  Doesn't appear to be the case... https://nypost.com/2019/04/12/prosecutors-concede-no-human-trafficking-in-kraft-spa-case/  
    • Where to begin.... So I like that we picked up with Jon clearly having killing Dany on his mind from the beginning of the episode until he finally did it. I love that tortured look of knowing what must be done because it is right and utterly refusing to accept it until the moment it is done because of his love for her. Great acting sold all of that well. The first half was super tense because of it. Also the visual of the throne being melted and what that represented for the entirety of the series. Just a great scene. Then we move along to the time jump (which we know is a few weeks thanks to Tyrion's monologue). I liked that whole scene as well...what I DIDN'T like was treating Jon the way they did. The Unsullied basically strong-armed them into exiling the actual hero of Westeros. He legitimately saved almost every major character and/or their people at some point in this show and certainly saved the entirety of the North by killing Dany. And to top that off, he's a better person than pretty much anybody at this point. And for his trouble, he gets exiled. Now, because he is a good man, he is exiled to go be with people who also love and adore and follow him. So while it is BS, at least it's not a true punishment beyond his choice in the matter being taken. I mean, he did CHOOSE to go to The Wall the first time around to prove himself. But dammit, he should be praised the land over for what he did. Everybody would be bending the knee to a genocidal maniac or be slaughtered by a genocidal maniac were it not for him. Everybody's roles in the new Six Kingdoms, sure. It is fitting. Sure, Bran becoming king is a tad unexpected. But the way he acted about Tyrion proposing it ("why do you think I came all this way?"). I mean, WHAT?! At no point did you ever suggest that the throne was your endgame but suddenly, once Jon kills Dany, you're all about being the king? The ending montage was cool. Sansa going from scared little bird to the Queen in the North is awesome. Arya doing her own thing under the Stark banner is cool (goes from feeling like she'll never fit into her family because she didn't want to be a lady, to renouncing her name to become a Faceless woMan, to reclaiming her name and finding her place within the family, just a great character arc). Jon being treated as basically the king of the Wildlings is awesome. Do wish we knew how much time had passed that they could rebuild the castle in King's Landing so quickly. Or repair Winterfell such that the great hall was so pristine. Or know if they fixed the gap in the Wall that the Night King came through or if they leave it as there are no longer any White Walkers and no threat North of the wall that we know of. I guess I am satisfied in the ending....but it left a bad taste in my mouth about Jon. I felt for him because it's almost a cautionary tale of what happens to good men who remain good. They end up eventually punished for doing the right thing.