Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Camp Fodder

How has there not been a GM or Owner EOY presser?

What do people expect to hear from the Panthers leadership that hasn't already been said countless times over the years?

Having said that, I'd expect a letter will be sent to PSL owners during the early off season along with a press release/conference that paints a rosy picture of the team's prospects and something about all the exciting changes yet to come, yada, yada, yada.

Big deal.

Actions speak louder than words.

For those not paying attention, TD not being resigned is a shot across the bow and a sign of things yet to come.

22 hours ago, saX man said:

This.  Optics fellers.  You trot out acting like the funny uncle (worth a few bil), drop in on tailgates, try Roaring Riot beer, make MSNBC appearances, then your new team plummets...you could at least send out some sort of letter or any form of communication to the fanbase.  Virtually every franchise in the league does this to some capacity at years end.  JR was a senile dude with half functioning organs, with him it was understandable.  He was just thinking tight jeans and chicken.  This guy just bought the team and has never really publicly laid out a vision.  He did an initial generic thing with the purchase, but it's almost like he's missing a few steps here from a publicity standpoint, which does matter as people may put the idea down. 

This opinion of mine may not hold for long, it is of the moment, but I feel like there's an unnecessary amount of non-communication.  Everyone saw what happened to close the year, own it, embrace it, drive through it 100 MPH.       

The NFL season hasn't ended.

Ever consider the possibility Tepper has potential plans that can't be discussed while other teams are still playing?

1 hour ago, GeorgeHanson said:

Ever consider the possibility Tepper has potential plans that can't be discussed while other teams are still playing?

I'm not wasting my time keeping my hopes up.  I won't pretend I know how he thinks or anticipate some grand scheme approach to building a team.  He's not Tywin Lannister.  

2 minutes ago, saX man said:

I'm not wasting my time keeping my hopes up.  I won't pretend I know how he thinks or anticipate some grand scheme approach to building a team.  He's not Tywin Lannister.  

So you are quitting on the team?  Throwing in the towel?  Done?

3 hours ago, GeorgeHanson said:

get lost newb.   you've added nothing here.   why aren't you using your 'iamhubby' acct? embarrass yourself too much with that one?  wonder how long your new church lady routine takes to lose its luster.

13 hours ago, raz said:

get lost newb.   you've added nothing here.   why aren't you using your 'iamhubby' acct? embarrass yourself too much with that one?  wonder how long your new church lady routine takes to lose its luster.

On 1/11/2019 at 5:12 PM, NanuqoftheNorth said:

For those not paying attention, TD not being resigned is a shot across the bow and a sign of things yet to come.

Once a corporate raider, always a corporate raider.

15 minutes ago, GeorgeHanson said:

weird how miami is doing just that, even with the season not ended.  oooooooooooh, tepper is all mysterious too.   wow.  

17 hours ago, GeorgeHanson said:

I'm just not getting my hopes up or creating an unnecessary level of enthusiasm about Tepper, the team, anyone. Being patient to wait and see but I'm not all giddy in the interim. You're supposing things that we don't know about. Don't.  

2 hours ago, saX man said:

I'm just not getting my hopes up or creating an unnecessary level of enthusiasm about Tepper, the team, anyone. Being patient to wait and see but I'm not all giddy in the interim. You're supposing things that we don't know about. Don't.  

Actually I do know....

....as the inimitable Round Mound of Rebound once said...

... "I could be wrong but I doubt it"...

2 hours ago, raz said:

weird how miami is doing just that, even with the season not ended.  oooooooooooh, tepper is all mysterious too.   wow.  

Either get on board with our owner and team, or go pull for the Dolphins.  Go blow smoke up their skirt here if you choose the latter:

https://phinphanatic.com

https://www.thephinsider.com

https://finheaven.com

7 minutes ago, raz said:

ooooh, blow smoke up their skirt.  im mortified.  so burned.   got some fresh tepper talking points donut man?

SMH

U got nothin.

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    pennywise

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • You see, reparations covers all our history and present day struggle, not just slavery.  And, slavery wasn't that long ago.  You had share cropping and convict leasing that went on well into the 1940s, which were another form of slavery.  Each generation, we were made into slaves, and thus ADOS are the bottom caste of American society.  There are a bunch of people who wish to see us at the bottom.  Those people are of course racists.  Then you have people who don't understand the predicament black Americans are in as a group.  Honestly, I don't know the percentages of society that is racist and the percentages that are ignorant.     You mis-characterized a lot of what Yvette talked about on her shows.  She was talking to folks like you, who said she should be doing this and that.  I'll get back to this post after work.
    • ADOS is a massive comedy. Didn't I post what Rush Limbaugh thinks about Reparations? What else do you want to hear from a dude (aka Trump) taking his policy advice from Rush? I happened to catch Yvette Carnell (YC) the other day (through an ADOS friend of mine who watches he religiously). She was complaining that most people watching her channel (ADOS enthusiasts) are asking her to do this, asking her to do that ... so she complained that people are "arm chair quarterbacks; Sitting home, doing nothing and keep demanding her to do stuff". She also complained that her subscriber count got stuck at around 60k. I just laughed ... Why? Because YC has been telling people that self bootstrapping doesn't work (She has been making fun of Boyce Watkins, who advocates this approach). She doesn't realize that self bootstrapping is actually a mindset. It is a mindset of action takers, go-getters and people who are willing to sacrifice to achieve goals. YC doesn't realize that the majority of people who follow her have an opposite mindset. Her followers will Rarely do anything on their own, because they have been conditioned to have someone else do things for them. These people are risk adverse, always blaming others (Either White Supremacy or Immigrants, and now Democrats are their new targets). And YC has been re-enforcing that belief ... now she is asking them to do support her efforts. During that same Youtube call, YC  and Tone Talk lashed out at a caller, who dared suggesting that ADOS runs for office.  How stupid are the leaders of ADOS? #ADOS has gone from a hashtag to becoming a comedy show. Why am I not surprised?
    • I am hoping neither Miller or Burns start but are brought along as they develop. We have vets like Addison who will start and right now are the more complete player.