Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TN05

PFF Grades for Panthers

I predict that Carter will play better this year than both last year, so there you go.

14 hours ago, Krovvy said:

That excuse doesn't work when you realize that Thomas Davis was suspended for the first four games last year. Shaq did not step up, he played far worse than Davis did when he returned.

Fans expected Shaq to flash, and play well, even take over the reins. He couldn't.

Shaq was starting during arguably our best defensive performance game 1 against the cowboys, and had 9 tackles and a sack.  Until he plays more games in his true role, you can't say he "can't".   

22 hours ago, TN05 said:

Lot of things to notice here. One being that Cam truly no longer has to carry this offense. He has CMC, Moore, and Samuel as weapons (as well as Ian Thomas and Greg Olsen!). Taylor Moton shows a lot of promise for the OL, and if the team is able to cobble together some form of protection for Cam then we will have a top flight offense.

The defense was old. Peppers and TD will be gone. Kyle Love might not be back either. Kuechly is amazing and KK is capable of bouncing back. Fortunately, we've got some guys like Bradberry, Jackson, and Thompson that can be significant contributors to the defense. 

3 hours ago, PantherNation123 said:

Shaq was starting during arguably our best defensive performance game 1 against the cowboys, and had 9 tackles and a sack.  Until he plays more games in his true role, you can't say he "can't".   

When Dallas had no receivers? Okay.

It's the same thing that happened with Funchess, Butler, and Worley, all this young potential, almost no one admitting the obvious flaws.

7 hours ago, Krovvy said:

When Dallas had no receivers? Okay.

It's the same thing that happened with Funchess, Butler, and Worley, all this young potential, almost no one admitting the obvious flaws.

I mean, I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree here.  All I'm saying is there isn't a big enough sample size to say Shaq can't thrive in TD's role, and not being asked to guard slot receivers 60% of the time. 

I'm usually quick to move on from older players but in the case of TD I would be curious to know the thought process. 

I totally get moving on if he was expecting considerable money, but if he was willing to play on a cheap one year deal, it could possible be one less need to address this offseason.  He might not be the player he once was but I would think he would be better than whatever you are going to find later in draft in the short term at least.

If he would have been in a greatly reduced role he might not have wanted that and it would also impair the development of some of the younger players.  Maybe that was a large part of it.

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    pennywise

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • if they feel safe and respected , that's good
    • Gotcha.  So still a lottery pick despite being nonathletic, injury prone, and unable to shoot (not to mention a really shitty Dad).  Nice work if you can get it! I love watching the guy play basketball.  
    • I'm sure Barrack Hussein Obama was backed by the Kenyan and many African governments, when he challenged the Clinton Machine (aka the DNC) to steal the nomination from the anointed Hillary. Do you even understand what you are saying? If ADOS doesn't even believe in themselves, why should they even try? You wanna know how many ADOS millionaires backed President Obama, when he ran for office in IL and nationally? How about LeBron? Kevin Johnson? Vince Carter? Magic Johnson? just to name a few millionaire ADOS basketball players? Cam Newton has more wealth can Cenk ... oh wait, Cenk is an immigrant ... and according to YC, he is "more citizen than ADOS". How about all the ADOS Rap artists  and Hollywood personalities ...etc. Yea ... ADOS doesn't have any money. Because Tone Talk and YC said so ... "according to the Data"... This is why I feel so sorry for the ADOS movement. It is already failing because it is led by clueless people.   And if Obama is too much for you, maybe you should look at the path of Sheila Lee and how she got where she is now. I know ADOS hates her, but instead of just criticizing her, what can you learn from how she got where she is? The other day, YC made the comment that immigrants are more citizens than ADOS. So, she has managed to convince people (like yourself) that a Haitian (or Jamaican), who risked his life fleeing his country, abandoned his family , arrived on American shores on a boat, doesn't even speak English has more "citizenship" than ADOS, who were born in American, went through High School (with White people) for free and has opportunities to get scholarships to go to college for free?  And of course, people like yourself believe the nonsense. Like I said ... the #ADOS comedy show on YC channel ... is just getting funnier and funnier ... I'm still waiting for #ADOS reparation candidates for any offices in the land ... You got any names yet?