Jump to content
Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

    Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TN05

PFF Grades for Panthers

Recommended Posts



1 minute ago, PantherPhann89 said:

How did K Short grade the 2nd highest? 

Paid PFF for a good rating

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like Davis graded out better than most of the league. I can't believe the Panthers are about to pay Shaq Thompson 9 million to wiff tackles, and be completely out of position. I hope Hurney can find someone in the draft to replace Davis, and they cut Shaq.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Krovvy said:

Looks like Davis graded out better than most of the league. I can't believe the Panthers are about to pay Shaq Thompson 9 million to wiff tackles, and be completely out of position. I hope Hurney can find someone in the draft to replace Davis, and they cut Shaq.

Shaq was playing essentially a nickel position often, which is why he may have looked "out of position" sometimes.  He is meant to play where TD was playing...  I don't understand why this is so difficult for most of the huddle to understand.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, PantherNation123 said:

Shaq was playing essentially a nickel position often, which is why he may have looked "out of position" sometimes.  He is meant to play where TD was playing...  I don't understand why this is so difficult for most of the huddle to understand.

That excuse doesn't work when you realize that Thomas Davis was suspended for the first four games last year. Shaq did not step up, he played far worse than Davis did when he returned.

Fans expected Shaq to flash, and play well, even take over the reins. He couldn't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Krovvy said:

That excuse doesn't work when you realize that Thomas Davis was suspended for the first four games last year. Shaq did not step up, he played far worse than Davis did when he returned.

Fans expected Shaq to flash, and play well, even take over the reins. He couldn't.

I mean I thought Shaq played fine the first 4 games. Didn't see anything incredibly negative, saw a few hard hits and good tackles. That's just my perspective on it though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Cracka McNasty said:

I mean I thought Shaq played fine the first 4 games. Didn't see anything incredibly negative, saw a few hard hits and good tackles. That's just my perspective on it though. 

Exactly. He was just a JAG in his audition to replace TD and now we're set to pay that JAG damn near $10M next season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cracka McNasty said:

I mean I thought Shaq played fine the first 4 games. Didn't see anything incredibly negative, saw a few hard hits and good tackles. That's just my perspective on it though. 

I saw missed tackles, and playing out of position, nothing that showed him being a first round selection. He just didn't play well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Shaq was forced to cover slot WRs as a 4-3 LB. Rivera is also known to be Fox-esque in his preference for veterans.

TD got burnt just as often as Shaq, and Shaq himself missed 2 games so let's slow our roll on this whole "TD WAS SUSPENDED FOR FOUR GAMES" nonsense that is going on. 

"Waaaah he's not worth $9M" but Thomas Davis at 35yr old is worth the nearly $7M he got? No. Stop.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



  • Member Statistics

    • Total Members
      20,065
    • Most Online
      2,867

    Newest Member
    49Marvin
    Joined
  • Topics

  • Forum Statistics

    • Total Topics
      146,051
    • Total Posts
      4,782,860
  • Posts

    • I'm in no way trying to present the teams they've played and liken them to a murderers row of opponents.   However....they didn't just beat them. 1) Bucs: Niners beat them by 2 scores despite having THREE TDs called back on dubious at best calls. Despite that, this was Jimmys worst game as it was his first back from the ACL. He was a bit scattershot all day. Bosa also CLEARLY hampered by preseason ankle injury and STILL had a pretty big impact. 2) Bengals: Beat the brakes off the Bengals. 41-17 and wasn't that close. Out-gained them 571-316 despite shutting it down in 4th quarter and allowing lost pass play on backups with under a minute to play. 3) Steelers: Turned the ball over FIVE TIMES, three times completely unforced and three times inside the Steeler 15. Still won by 4. Outgained the Steelers 436-239....and that's only because of two long pass plays by the Steelers, one on Jason Verrett....who clearly isn't ready to be back. They pulled him after the TD.   They then had their bye and got Jimmie Ward back at FS and Nick Bosa back to nearly full health.   4) Browns: 31-3. Out-gained the Browns 446-180. Allowed a net 78 pass yards. Bosa had himself a game. 5) Rams: The first "ok now it counts" game. Playing without their tackles or Pro Bowl FB. 20-7. Held Goff to 48 yards net passing after he'd had 517 and 395 the two previous weeks.  6) Redkins: 9-0. I mean...in reality...I pretty much throw all the stats out the window on that one in what was an embarrassing display of groundskeeping in the nations capitol. I'm just glad nobody was hurt.   I am not deaf to the comment that they haven't played as hard a schedule. I am gonna argue tho that they have dominated the teams they were supposed to dominate even with guys out of the lineup.
    • I doubt they even trade them to us currently if interested. Hopefully someone comes and take both players to the afc 
    • Why would they move on from Jameis, when they hired Bruce Arians and coaching staff to fix him Do you thnk they will move from the coaching staff too.
  • Masters of PIE !

×
×
  • Create New...