• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

TheSpecialJuan

REPORT: Eric Washington will remain as D-coordinator

Being uninterested in throwing money at this team is not some silly thing, it's people not bought in and completely understandable from my view.   I'm not dropping a few hundred on stubhub for a few tickets for this crap, why should anyone after the guac-in-the-trash they trotted out those last 8 games. 

Someone needs to justify a reason to fork over any money in favor of this team.  The only reasons they have are the guys like Cam, who they leaving high and dry time and again, never truly supporting the dude. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

RR called the last 5 games of this year.  We had one good showing on defense out of 5. 

I’m not sold on Ron making much difference any longer.  And retaining Washington should be exactly why he’s unemployed after next year  Ron’s not willing to make the hard decisions & we are destined for mediocrity   

• Pie 1

14 hours ago, Jon Snow said:

Maybe he learned how to be a defensive coordinator after he was demoted guys?  It worked for Hurney, right?

What's the definition of insanity again?

Carolina panthers... over and over and over again

15 hours ago, Panthers2019 said:

Hurney has learnt from his mistakes and just had an awsome draft but you never give him any credit cause you nothing but a hater.

lol

10 hours ago, Castavar said:

No, but not buying anymore tickets or merch definitely will. Start hurting their pockets and they will start becoming serious about winning. But that will never happen because sadly this fanbase has a lot of apologists like you that supports this franchise no matter what and will continue attending games even though they will throw out the same mediocre crap as long as Rivera and Hurney are here.

LOL, I get my tickets for free. And PSLs pretty much guarantee that ticket sales will be unaffected. Would I love it more if they won a Super Bowl? Yeah, but they're still entertaining either way. It's entertainment. I hope you get at least this worked up over the performance of our politicians. You know, people making decisions that actually affect our quality of life. 

Like someone else mentioned, the fact that you're this worked up over the Panthers almost guarantees that you won't be able to walk away. You'll still be watching. Just enjoy the roller coaster, man. It's football, not life or death. 

Eric Washington is Luca Brasi in The 2019 Panthers....lol

giphy.gif

Edited by Jangler
  • Pie 1

13 hours ago, My Goodness My Guinness said:

WTF is the point of having a DC if they aren't calling plays? Unless we hire an assistant to Ron directly, as was mentioned earlier, next season will be a full blow sh!t show. 

I have to assume the DC does more than call the plays on Sunday.  I've never been a DC, but I assume someone has to organize and install the defense, explain concepts and run the practice with different defensive schemes, maybe some scouting on future opponents, research possible draft picks/players that would succeed in the schemes you want to run, etc. 

If the guy just shows up on Sunday to call the plays and Ron is already doing that, then I agree - we don't need the guy.

14 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

It keeps him from getting fired. Plus it allows Rivera to cover for him and try to groom him for another shot down the road.

As a side benefit, Washington gets to keep his higher paycheck.

Like Shula with the Giants

My opinion on this is that RR is coaching for his job. He’s essentially a lame duck with an injured franchise QB. Tepper probably told them they can search for a new OC but nobody is getting more than a 1-year deal. Thus...RR decided he’s gonna call the plays and he’ll let Washington keep his job Bc frankly...who’s takin a 1year coordinator deal? Prob not many. This is a move to try and save some face in a lame duck year. That’s it. 

21 hours ago, Castavar said:

No, but not buying anymore tickets or merch definitely will. Start hurting their pockets and they will start becoming serious about winning. But that will never happen because sadly this fanbase has a lot of apologists like you that supports this franchise no matter what and will continue attending games even though they will throw out the same mediocre crap as long as Rivera and Hurney are here.

The problem with your thesis is even Panthers revenues dropped to exactly $0.00, it wouldn't make the slightest dent in "their pockets"...

• Poo 1