Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mr. Scot

The Coaching Staff (as it stands now)

HEAD COACH: Ron Rivera

OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR: Norv Turner

Quarterback Coach: Scott Turner

Runningbacks Coach: Jim Skipper (At 69, the oldest coach on staff)

Wide Receivers Coach: Help Wanted (Apply Within)

Assistant Wide Receivers Coach: Jerricho Cotchery

Tight Ends Coach: Pete Hoener

Offensive Line Coach (Run Game Coordinator): John Matsko

Assistant Offensive Line Coach: Travelle Wharton

DEFENSIVE COORDINATOR: Eric Washington (sort of; the actual work will be done by Ron Rivera)

Defensive Line Coach: Sam Mills III

Linebackers Coach: Steve Russ

Secondary Coach: Richard Rodgers (temporarily, till they decide on his replacement)

Assistant Secondary Coach: Richard Rodgers (as soon as the new secondary coach is hired)

SPECIAL TEAMS COORDINATOR: Chase Blackburn

Assistant Special Teams Coach: Heath Farwell

Strength and Conditioning Coach: Joe Kenn

Defensive Quality Control: Vincent Rivera (Son of Ron)

Offensive Quality Control: Drew Terrell (no relation to Pat)

NOTES:

- Still no word on who might be up for the receiver coach. Old (and I do mean old) Turner colleague Terry Robiskie could be an option.

- So far, two (not quite as) old Rivera colleagues, Chuck Pagano and Perry Fewell, have interviewed for the secondary job. The expectation is that Richard Rodgers would go back to being the assistant.

- Despite loads of speculation that the Panthers could try to bring Steve Wilks back aboard as a DB coach or in some other capacity, there's been no indication the team has reached out to Wilks (or will).

- Another old Rivera co-worker, Steve Spagnuolo, has an excellent record as a DB coach but again so far there's no indication he's a candidate.

...I wish you were my secretary ....ur so efficient...but you should include the new position of clock management and challenges position.

He'll probably just promote Cotchery. He's still an assistant, right?

4 minutes ago, Pimpdaddy said:

...I wish you were my secretary ....ur so efficient...but you should include the new position of clock management and challenges position.

Unless you're secretly David Tepper, I'm already employed.

As to the assistant spot, I thought about it but there's no indication we plan to hire someone in that spot. The Falcons did, and we probably should, but there's nothing pointing to it actually happening just yet.

4 minutes ago, Dilla said:

He'll probably just promote Cotchery. He's still an assistant, right?

I'd prefer someone like Robiskie. Cotchery seems to make a better assistant (at least for now).

we look to be set up to make the same super bowl run the chargers did when they were there.  oh, wait...

Good thing the years are flyin' by now....

2 hours ago, PantherPhann89 said:

We should teach out to Steve Smith. I think he'd be an excellent choice, if he's interested. 

Doubt he’s even remotely interested in walking away from an easy well paying job with NFL Network to coach under a lame duck regime. 

27 minutes ago, mjligon said:

Doubt he’s even remotely interested in walking away from an easy well paying job with NFL Network to coach under a lame duck regime. 

Nothing beats a failure but a try...

you guys hadn't heard?   since tepper is good with hedge funds he's actually good at everything.  he's actually more than qualified to be the actual 'shadow coach' who will secretly call all plays and we're winning a suberbowl.  he's just going to apply the same principals he applies to the markets.   we can't lose.

You could make an argument that out of the entire staff Blackburn would challenge Turner for top coordinator 

Perfect staff for Rivera. Absolutely no one who could threaten his job midseason in the middle of a poorly coached, poorly executed 2019 season. 6-10 for the win.

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    RRs_Pressers

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • If we had a tinfoil hat icon, I'd give it to you. This is some high-quality theorizing right here.
    • I wouldn't start Grier, but keep Allen as the starter to give him more seasoning. Yep, it has been a baptism by fire, but that's what happens in the NFL. Young QBs don't get thrown out there with perfect O-lines and innovative coaching -- they generally get thrown out there in desperation and into injury-riddled lineups. They get beat senseless, and then they either learn from their many mistakes or wither under the pressure. Almost all the good to great QBs in this league started off that way except for Rogers. That's what has happened here. The Kid came out firing on all cylinders better than anyone had a right to expect, but now he has returned to the mean for rookie QBs (and yes, he had one prior game's experience, but otherwise he was as close to a rookie as can be). Allen has to stick with it and suffer the lumps and learn from them. He won't on the bench and he won't get the leadership skills necessary if he does need to be the starting QB next season. I loved seeing Cam play but I just don't have much faith in his recovery from injury this time. Should Grier get into the games? Yes, indeed. If we are getting blown out, send him in, let him see the elephant (so to say). He might do something spectacular, but most likely will do the rookie QB mistake-filled shuffle, but we can go ahead and start getting some of those steps out of the way. Dropping Kyle as the starter, though? No. We may or may not have something in the Kid, and it will take time to tell. If we bail on him, we'll never find out until someone else picks him up and gives him a shot. 
    • #1 ron had to.  #2 is just flat out wrong.  norv wanted grier.  ron lets norv handle the O.  this makes #3 just incorrect.   norv loves grier.  he was taken as a project.  he did not show up like wilson and take the team over.  he's not ready, and was never expected to be ready.  he was here to sit behind cam and kyle and watch.  there is no conspiracy behind this.  the only reason he got taken at the bottom of the 3rd is our FO and coaches wanted him.   nobody else did.  their basket was attached to cam and cam only.   how do you get a 2nd qb ready when the 1st one isn't quite ready?  they only get to practice so much.  you may get your wish before the season is over.  its gonna probably be hilarious in the bad way
  • Masters of PIE !