Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mr. Scot

The Coaching Staff (as it stands now)

HEAD COACH: Ron Rivera

OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR: Norv Turner

Quarterback Coach: Scott Turner

Runningbacks Coach: Jim Skipper (At 69, the oldest coach on staff)

Wide Receivers Coach: Help Wanted (Apply Within)

Assistant Wide Receivers Coach: Jerricho Cotchery

Tight Ends Coach: Pete Hoener

Offensive Line Coach (Run Game Coordinator): John Matsko

Assistant Offensive Line Coach: Travelle Wharton

DEFENSIVE COORDINATOR: Eric Washington (sort of; the actual work will be done by Ron Rivera)

Defensive Line Coach: Sam Mills III

Linebackers Coach: Steve Russ

Secondary Coach: Richard Rodgers (temporarily, till they decide on his replacement)

Assistant Secondary Coach: Richard Rodgers (as soon as the new secondary coach is hired)

SPECIAL TEAMS COORDINATOR: Chase Blackburn

Assistant Special Teams Coach: Heath Farwell

Strength and Conditioning Coach: Joe Kenn

Defensive Quality Control: Vincent Rivera (Son of Ron)

Offensive Quality Control: Drew Terrell (no relation to Pat)

NOTES:

- Still no word on who might be up for the receiver coach. Old (and I do mean old) Turner colleague Terry Robiskie could be an option.

- So far, two (not quite as) old Rivera colleagues, Chuck Pagano and Perry Fewell, have interviewed for the secondary job. The expectation is that Richard Rodgers would go back to being the assistant.

- Despite loads of speculation that the Panthers could try to bring Steve Wilks back aboard as a DB coach or in some other capacity, there's been no indication the team has reached out to Wilks (or will).

- Another old Rivera co-worker, Steve Spagnuolo, has an excellent record as a DB coach but again so far there's no indication he's a candidate.

...I wish you were my secretary ....ur so efficient...but you should include the new position of clock management and challenges position.

He'll probably just promote Cotchery. He's still an assistant, right?

4 minutes ago, Pimpdaddy said:

...I wish you were my secretary ....ur so efficient...but you should include the new position of clock management and challenges position.

Unless you're secretly David Tepper, I'm already employed.

As to the assistant spot, I thought about it but there's no indication we plan to hire someone in that spot. The Falcons did, and we probably should, but there's nothing pointing to it actually happening just yet.

4 minutes ago, Dilla said:

He'll probably just promote Cotchery. He's still an assistant, right?

I'd prefer someone like Robiskie. Cotchery seems to make a better assistant (at least for now).

we look to be set up to make the same super bowl run the chargers did when they were there.  oh, wait...

2 hours ago, PantherPhann89 said:

We should teach out to Steve Smith. I think he'd be an excellent choice, if he's interested. 

Doubt he’s even remotely interested in walking away from an easy well paying job with NFL Network to coach under a lame duck regime. 

27 minutes ago, mjligon said:

Doubt he’s even remotely interested in walking away from an easy well paying job with NFL Network to coach under a lame duck regime. 

Nothing beats a failure but a try...

you guys hadn't heard?   since tepper is good with hedge funds he's actually good at everything.  he's actually more than qualified to be the actual 'shadow coach' who will secretly call all plays and we're winning a suberbowl.  he's just going to apply the same principals he applies to the markets.   we can't lose.

You could make an argument that out of the entire staff Blackburn would challenge Turner for top coordinator 

Perfect staff for Rivera. Absolutely no one who could threaten his job midseason in the middle of a poorly coached, poorly executed 2019 season. 6-10 for the win.

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    HardcoreHokie

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • is the negativity and pessimists to slow it down and ALL panthers fans to rally behind the team. Here's why; We had a near perfect off-season with limited money and almost accomplished all our goals even with cap limitations, unlike some teams. We improved in almost every area (yes on paper) except maybe FS, but we have to wait and see and we can't expect everything. Hurney and Rivera deserve a lot of credit for what they did this year. If things falls right, with the lower expectations this team could and should sneak up on a lot of teams. Yes we have to stay healthy, new players have to learn a new system and guys on the lines have to gel. But if they do start to take shape then we have a team that will not only have a real good year but could go deep into the playoffs.  The things Tepper and the new way the team is operating is going to bring more energy and excitement to games which needs the loyal fans to not sell their tickets to visiting fans, show up and be loud at the games. That's all that could be missing in a magical season. I also think this team is being built to stay competitive for years and that's another reason to be positive. I may be a homer but I see more positives. There's always gonna be a question or a concern, but every team has them. Let's give it a chance and that starts where fans can make the biggest difference, at games, being loud and give us home field advantage at BofA stadium. Let's try and do what the Roaring Riot does, promote energy and excitement from the fans in support of the team. 
    • Looks more like he's going to a costume party to me.  But what the hell do I know about fashion?  I think cargo shorts can be worn for any occasion.