Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jackson113

Are you happy with the current direction of the Panthers at this time.

Are you happy with the current direction of the panthers?   

151 members have voted

1. 1. Are you happy with current direction of the Panthers right now

• Yes
    • No
    • Undecided

I mean they fire the people that had nothing to do with last season being a disappointment. But keep the ones that are directly at fault and the kicker is they get to stay in said position but the boss will do his job for him all season long.. what in the fuging ass backwards world is this baby back bull poo?? 

You took the right step in having RIVERA take over but you are now babying Eric Washington?? Loyalty is Rivera's Achilles heel. 

Idk yet will have to see what we do in fa and the draft. Not fond of letting td walk when he could be an asset for cheap. Not a huge fan of Rivera and I’m skeptical he will change to win in today’s league constantly 

I'm indifferent at this point.  It appears there's not going to be any significant changes so I'm just going to watch it unfold and make my decision at the end of the season.  

Pretty dissapointed, especially after how the season went and the promise of new ownership. This is not all bc of Cam's shoulder. It's clear Tepper isn't interested in changes at the moment/for the time being. I'll try to be patient but my off-season enthusiasm is going to be very low. 

Nope. New owner, same poo. Staying the course for mediocrity.

kept Rivera and Hurney, got rid of CJ Anderson for no real reason, likely letting Daryl sign elsewhere so the OL will be even worse, defense is only getting older and worse, lower draft position bc we won a meaningless week 17 game, little cap flexibility, major health concern for our franchise QB who will be playing behind a worse OL that IR'd QBs in back-to-back weeks. Next year is gonna be 2014 all over again but with a shittier defense and OL.

3 minutes ago, pantherphan96 said:

kept Rivera and Hurney, got rid of CJ Anderson for no real reason, likely letting Daryl sign elsewhere so the OL will be even worse, defense is only getting older and worse, lower draft position bc we won a meaningless week 17 game, little cap flexibility, major health concern for our franchise QB who will be playing behind a worse OL that IR'd QBs in back-to-back weeks. Next year is gonna be 2014 all over again but with a shittier defense and OL.

And we a playing in my opinion a tougher schedule. Smells like 4-12

The only answer is undecided because one year into a new owner we have no idea what his true big picture plans and direction are

At this point it is too early to tell. Our coaching staff is incomplete and we haven't even discussed who we are keeping and who we aren't. The overblown response to Washington sticking around assumes he is the DC on game day. He is a darn good defensive line coach and works with the front seven players.  Ron stays DC and oversees the scheme and play calling. We bring on someone to manage the secondary. What great defensive coordinator would come here knowing Rivera will be calling plays and controlling the scheme. With all the DC openings, who thinks ours is a great one right now 

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • There was no sex trafficking going on...100% fake news. Who are you saying makes these "women think this is the only thing they can do"?  You do realize the place was run by some middle aged women, right? Do you care about "the truth"?  Doesn't appear to be the case... https://nypost.com/2019/04/12/prosecutors-concede-no-human-trafficking-in-kraft-spa-case/  
    • Where to begin.... So I like that we picked up with Jon clearly having killing Dany on his mind from the beginning of the episode until he finally did it. I love that tortured look of knowing what must be done because it is right and utterly refusing to accept it until the moment it is done because of his love for her. Great acting sold all of that well. The first half was super tense because of it. Also the visual of the throne being melted and what that represented for the entirety of the series. Just a great scene. Then we move along to the time jump (which we know is a few weeks thanks to Tyrion's monologue). I liked that whole scene as well...what I DIDN'T like was treating Jon the way they did. The Unsullied basically strong-armed them into exiling the actual hero of Westeros. He legitimately saved almost every major character and/or their people at some point in this show and certainly saved the entirety of the North by killing Dany. And to top that off, he's a better person than pretty much anybody at this point. And for his trouble, he gets exiled. Now, because he is a good man, he is exiled to go be with people who also love and adore and follow him. So while it is BS, at least it's not a true punishment beyond his choice in the matter being taken. I mean, he did CHOOSE to go to The Wall the first time around to prove himself. But dammit, he should be praised the land over for what he did. Everybody would be bending the knee to a genocidal maniac or be slaughtered by a genocidal maniac were it not for him. Everybody's roles in the new Six Kingdoms, sure. It is fitting. Sure, Bran becoming king is a tad unexpected. But the way he acted about Tyrion proposing it ("why do you think I came all this way?"). I mean, WHAT?! At no point did you ever suggest that the throne was your endgame but suddenly, once Jon kills Dany, you're all about being the king? The ending montage was cool. Sansa going from scared little bird to the Queen in the North is awesome. Arya doing her own thing under the Stark banner is cool (goes from feeling like she'll never fit into her family because she didn't want to be a lady, to renouncing her name to become a Faceless woMan, to reclaiming her name and finding her place within the family, just a great character arc). Jon being treated as basically the king of the Wildlings is awesome. Do wish we knew how much time had passed that they could rebuild the castle in King's Landing so quickly. Or repair Winterfell such that the great hall was so pristine. Or know if they fixed the gap in the Wall that the Night King came through or if they leave it as there are no longer any White Walkers and no threat North of the wall that we know of. I guess I am satisfied in the ending....but it left a bad taste in my mouth about Jon. I felt for him because it's almost a cautionary tale of what happens to good men who remain good. They end up eventually punished for doing the right thing.