• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

7 hours ago, mc52beast said:

If you want Tepper to just blow it all up you show your ignorance of how to run a business.

Thumbs up.

• Poo 1

16 minutes ago, Truck Stick said:

Tepper is just JR's puppet for meddling

Another failed comment. I bet you can't even come up with any valid evidence of this can you.

9 hours ago, Daddy_Uncle said:

Exactly. He didn't become worth 11B with that mindset

I keep seeing this being said but it’s being miss used. He became worth 11b because of an insane alignment of his talents combined with a rare economic situation. Tepper has an excellent financial investment mind and when the financial crisis hit he was in the right place at the right time with the right skills to make one of the biggest investments with the highest potential reurn ever.  He was right and is now a billionaire.  This doesn’t translate across the board to everything he does or says. If he recommends buying Apple I’d  listen but he doesn’t get a free pass owning the panthers until we get results. 

Edited by pnthrs

I applaud his ability to make a fortune, but I am also uncertain of his ability to run a successful, sustainable football franchise. Both can be true at this juncture. 

I really do hope it works out for the best.

Edited by je1005
  • Pie 1

1 hour ago, pnthrs said:

I keep seeing this being said but it’s being miss used. He became worth 11b because of an insane alignment of his talents combined with a rare economic situation. Tepper has an excellent financial investment mind and when the financial crisis hit he was in the right place at the right time with the right skills to make one of the biggest investments with the highest potential reurn ever.  He was right and is now a billionaire.  This doesn’t translate across the board to everything he does or says. If he recommends buying Apple I’d  listen but he doesn’t get a free pass owning the panthers until we get results. 

The financial crisis ended almost a decade ago and Tepper has minted tons of dough since then.

We are less than 1 mile into a 26.2 mile ownership marathon at this point, cannot believe how impatient some are. 

Pal, you need to get on board or go find another NFL team to piss on...

• Poo 1

22 hours ago, je1005 said:

I applaud his ability to make a fortune, but I am also uncertain of his ability to run a successful, sustainable football franchise. Both can be true at this juncture. 

I really do hope it works out for the best.

Given a 5-yr time frame, in your mind what defines "success" as it relates to Tepper?

Edited by GeorgeHanson
  • Poo 1

gtfo creepy owner fetishist.   you go get a new team.  you weren't even a fan 10 minutes ago.  go swallow some more donut head ya creepy ass fug

5 hours ago, GeorgeHanson said:

The financial crisis ended almost a decade ago and Tepper has minted tons of dough since then.

We are less than 1 mile into a 26.2 mile ownership marathon at this point, cannot believe how impatient some are. 

19 hours ago, mjligon said:

Dude listed logo on field lolol

Black helmets next year, then I'll take Tepper seriously...

8 hours ago, GeorgeHanson said:

Tepper made 50-75% of his wealth during the financial crisis. He has done well since then but that huge success coupled with a growing stock market makes it relatively easy for most good wealth managers to do well.  Not knocking him for that.  He is one of the best financial minds ever.

When did I piss on the panthers?  I was just talking about how teppers financial acumen may or may not translate well to football. Lol reading comprehension for the fail. 

Let’s see.  He comes from an ownership group and team that the panthers have always modeled themselves after.

he was picked by JR

He comes from a team that has stuck with a dope of a coach even though they had plenty of talent to win

He doesn’t talk to anyone like JR

sounds like JR to me   

11 hours ago, GeorgeHanson said:

Given a 5-yr time frame, in you mind what defines "success" as it relates to Tepper?

Welp....

1. Sound football structure—solidifying a top-tier front office. New GM, new pro personnel head. 

2. Consistency—empowering smart football minds to make smart football decisions. That’s how the best franchises consistently flirt with deep playoff runs. Use your endless fortune and resources to position this franchise for a string of winning seasons. Aim higher than “back to back”. 

3. Branding—don’t abandon some of the core traditions that this franchise was built upon. Sam Mills is the emotional cornerstone of the Carolina Panthers. I’d like to see this continue. I have a sneaking feeling that in two years, “Keep Pounding” will be replaced with “one of three new team mantras AS VOTED ON BY TWITTER FANS.” They already flirted with this crap last summer. I’d also like to see the team not morph into a social justice consortium. And if you want to change uniforms, consult with MARKETING EXPERTS, not FANS. Fans are usually have pretty awful ideas.

4. Be professional, don’t meddle—do your job. Hire good people. Let them do their job. Don’t become Stephen Ross. 

5. Stadium—get it done. Wanna add to BOA? Fine. Finance it, and make it happen. Wanna move to the state line? Ok. Make it happen. Don’t drag your feet. Live up to your reputation and get results.

Edited by je1005
  • Beer 2

People act like firing Hurney and Rivera would have been a rash decision, as if there isn't years of data already there to support the decision to move on. 

Tepper may be new to owning the team, but Rivera and Hurney are far from new. It wouldn't have been a rash decision. It would have been a decision based on 8 years with Rivera not being able to manage back to back winning seasons and presiding over one of the biggest collapses in a season the league has ever seen.

And Hurney....meh. twice he had had this job. Should be more than enough.

They think all they need anything s guidance. Teaching an old dog new trucks. Well I guess it worked for the consummate professional the delhomme was, why not? Ugh.

I guess we like chasing our tail. One day we might catch it, right?

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

well jr's head looks like a big toe, and tepper's head looks like a thumb, so i can see they're not the same person, but ownership wise they are the same so far.