• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Mr. Scot

Kyle Bailey suggests defense going 3-4 is an option

On his radio show today, Kyle Bailey said he was told by two different people that the Panthers are looking at switching their defensive scheme to a 3-4 next year.

He added that this pending change may have been one of the reasons Thomas Davis wasn't considered for a return. Davis has himself stated that he wouldn't be a good fit in a 3-4 defense.

Now while I don't see Bailey as a guy who makes sh-t up just to create a buzz, I have to say I don't really buy that this is going to happen.

So to be clear, I post this because it was put out there, not because I believe it. Draw your own conclusions. 

• Pie 5

Jermaine Carter was on with Nick Wilson and it definitely sounded like it was a possibility. 

5 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

On his radio show today, Kyle Bailey said he was told by two different people that the Panthers are looking at switching their defensive scheme to a 3-4 next year.

He added that this pending change may have been one of the reasons Thomas Davis wasn't considered for a return. Davis has himself stated that he wouldn't be a good fit in a 3-4 defense.

Now while I don't see Bailey as a guy who makes sh-t up just to create a buzz, I have to say I don't really buy that this is going to happen.

So to be clear, I post this because it was put out there, not because I believe it. Draw your own conclusions. 

Only way keeping Shaq makes sense. Shaq has been a disappointment but I really believe he can thrive as a MLB. He played great vs Atlanta one year at MLB for Luke. Similar to Luke his rookie year when he looked like a bust playing OLB. 

Rivera had one of his best defense in SD with a 3-4. I believe we can thrive. It’ll take a lot of pieces but itll work. Starts with Dexter Lawrence at 16.

• Pie 1

Ah least this would be a new wrinkle for Atlanta and New Orleans to figure out. They seem to have the current scheme down pretty well. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 2
  • Poo 2

Maybe we do like the Pats and play a mix of both. Would like that. Otherwise don't like a drastic change to full 3-4 for no reason, takes time to implement something like that and wouldn't be worth it unless we had a new coaching staff changing it.

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, Adb6368 said:

Maybe tepper is more of an influencer than anyone thinks

Tepper certainly comes from a place where the 3-4 is king.

Whether or not that means anything? Unknown.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, Pimpdaddy said:

you have to have 3 studz on the line to do this..oh yea. Donitari Hoe qualifies..

Poe actually fits better at NT in a 3-4, and I think Short could excel at 3-4 end. Other than that though we have nobody who fits at LB or DL edge... maybe Haynes but he's unlikely to actually turn into anything.

• Pie 2

DE: Kawann Short

DT: Dexter Lawrence

DE: Dontari Poe / Vernon Butler

OLB: Mario Addison

MLB: Shaq Thompson 

MLB: Luke Kuechly 

OLB: Jadeveon Clowney 

CB: James Bradberry 

CB: Donte Jackson

SS: Nasir Adderley 

FS: Haha Clinton-Dix

• Pie 6
  • Beer 1
  • Poo 4

2 minutes ago, t96 said:

Maybe we do like the Pats and play a mix of both. Would like that. Otherwise don't like a drastic change to full 3-4 for no reason, takes time to implement something like that and wouldn't be worth it unless we had a new coaching staff changing it.

Could be that tepper wants this whether ron is here or not

• Beer 1

Poe would make a much better 3-4 NT than 4-3 DT.  Put Short on a FA/Rookie as the 2 DEs.

Luke and Shaq in the middle, with Mayo and Addison outside.  Idk...might work.

• Pie 1

I'm not that big a fan of the idea, but I will say this: I've seen a lot of drafts where it was way easier to find a good 3-4 OLB than it was to find a good 4-3 DE.

• Pie 7
  • Beer 1