• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Mr. Scot

Kyle Bailey suggests defense going 3-4 is an option

On his radio show today, Kyle Bailey said he was told by two different people that the Panthers are looking at switching their defensive scheme to a 3-4 next year.

He added that this pending change may have been one of the reasons Thomas Davis wasn't considered for a return. Davis has himself stated that he wouldn't be a good fit in a 3-4 defense.

Now while I don't see Bailey as a guy who makes sh-t up just to create a buzz, I have to say I don't really buy that this is going to happen.

So to be clear, I post this because it was put out there, not because I believe it. Draw your own conclusions. 

• Pie 5

Jermaine Carter was on with Nick Wilson and it definitely sounded like it was a possibility. 

Ah least this would be a new wrinkle for Atlanta and New Orleans to figure out. They seem to have the current scheme down pretty well. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 2
  • Poo 2

Maybe we do like the Pats and play a mix of both. Would like that. Otherwise don't like a drastic change to full 3-4 for no reason, takes time to implement something like that and wouldn't be worth it unless we had a new coaching staff changing it.

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, Adb6368 said:

Maybe tepper is more of an influencer than anyone thinks

Tepper certainly comes from a place where the 3-4 is king.

Whether or not that means anything? Unknown.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, Pimpdaddy said:

you have to have 3 studz on the line to do this..oh yea. Donitari Hoe qualifies..

Poe actually fits better at NT in a 3-4, and I think Short could excel at 3-4 end. Other than that though we have nobody who fits at LB or DL edge... maybe Haynes but he's unlikely to actually turn into anything.

• Pie 2

2 minutes ago, t96 said:

Maybe we do like the Pats and play a mix of both. Would like that. Otherwise don't like a drastic change to full 3-4 for no reason, takes time to implement something like that and wouldn't be worth it unless we had a new coaching staff changing it.

Could be that tepper wants this whether ron is here or not

• Beer 1

Poe would make a much better 3-4 NT than 4-3 DT.  Put Short on a FA/Rookie as the 2 DEs.

Luke and Shaq in the middle, with Mayo and Addison outside.  Idk...might work.

• Pie 1

I'm not that big a fan of the idea, but I will say this: I've seen a lot of drafts where it was way easier to find a good 3-4 OLB than it was to find a good 4-3 DE.

• Pie 7
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, t96 said:

Poe actually fits better at NT in a 3-4, and I think Short could excel at 3-4 end. Other than that though we have nobody who fits at LB or DL edge... maybe Haynes but he's unlikely to actually turn into anything.

yea...we don't have enough LB's do we?

1 minute ago, jfra78 said:

Could be that tepper wants this whether ron is here or not

If so that is terrible news for the future of the team. Owners who meddle like that are always terrible owners. He either trusts Ron and Marty to run the team and let's them do so or he doesn't trust them and should've fired them and hired who he does trust.