• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Shocker

Trade Chatter

1 hour ago, ncfan said:

Dont forget

AD seemed to say the same thing with Nola as well a few years ago. He signed the big extension after his rookie contract, then 3rd season into it demanding out.

It is possible to compete in small markets, just harder

You have to draft well.  

Sale well to stars (not the 1st team all NBA superstars but just other stars)

And get the right key FAs

After resigning AD the Pelicans shot themselves in the foot.

They made trade for Cousins.  Which while talented, had question marks.  There were people, The Same Day that trade went down, who swore Cousins would walk in 2 years reguardless.  So they threw young talent away

Say they didnt make the Cousins trade

They could have a backcourt of Jrue Holliday and Buddy Hield (who is starting to come on avg 20 pts and shooting right at 46% from 3)

Also the 1st rd pick given up for Cousins as well

Lauri Markkanen went 2 picks before (easily couldve traded up)

Donovan Mitchell 

If the Pelicans had a Holliday, Hield backcourt, with Markkanen paired with AD in the backcourt.  Then Possible FA at the 3

You may not see AD saying he wants out like he is today.

On the flip side if Cousins does not get hurt maybe they make deeper playoff run.  Maybe they retain him if not for the injury.

3 minutes ago, Thelt said:

On the flip side if Cousins does not get hurt maybe they make deeper playoff run.  Maybe they retain him if not for the injury.

I just dont see it

2 bigs like that on 1 team just doesnt work in todays league.  Both guys are true modern day Centers

2 studs down low but a weak backcourt and 3 spot

And ontop, when that trade went down, everyone was scratching.their heads because it was pretty much known that Cousins wanted that play somewhere else (Cleveland with Lebron, Washington with his buddy Wall, etc, not Nola)

Edited by ncfan

1 minute ago, ncfan said:

I just dont see it

2 bigs like that on 1 team just doesnt work in todays league.  Both guys are true modern day Centers

2 studs down low but a weak backcourt and 3 spot.

I don't disagree but they were making it work before Cousins got hurt.  They were winning games.

Just now, Thelt said:

I don't disagree but they were making it work before Cousins got hurt.  They were winning games.

They were winning game, but they weren't legit contenders 

And when the trade initially went down people were cratching rheir heads as he pretty mich let it known he was going to walk.  And there were a few teams he was eyeing and Nola wasnt 1

Cleveland with Lebron, Washington with his buddy Wall etc

Looks like the Knicks are trying to join the mix for AD.

Wont be good if they land him.  Will be a big sell point for them trying to bring Kemba home

This really seems to be heading Lakers.  I honestly don’t respect Lebron chasing titles like this...ugg the NBA right now.

My opinion to fix this league...shorten the season...do away with the lottery and enforce the fuggin rules regardless of status.  Oh and move to divisions...that matter.

Edited by Shocker

4 minutes ago, Shocker said:

This really seems to be heading Lakers.  I honestly don’t respect Lebron chasing titles like this...ugg the NBA right now.

My opinion to fix this league...shorten the season...do away with the lottery and enforce the fuggin rules regardless of status.

lebron trying to get his coach fired too...he is GOAT, so he says

13 minutes ago, bull123 said:

lebron trying to get his coach fired too...he is GOAT, so he says

Exactly...does anyone really give a damn about this product outside of the major markets?  What Milwaukee doesn’t know is they can’t ever win a championship.  Or any team for the most part unless they are “market” teams.  It is so stupid as a business model.

Basically back to the future.  Those Bucks vs 76ers games back in the day were amazing.  Man, it would be so easy to make this sport great.  Too many regular season games though.  Cut it back.

Edited by Shocker

5 hours ago, ncfan said:

I just dont see it

2 studs down low but a weak backcourt and 3 spot

And ontop, when that trade went down, everyone was scratching.their heads because it was pretty much known that Cousins wanted that play somewhere else (Cleveland with Lebron, Washington with his buddy Wall, etc, not Nola)

Do you really believe any team in a minor market can compete?  That’s why we have to keep Kemba...we can’t complete, we become amazingly bad.  Be serious here man.  Tanking won’t work especially for the Hornets.

And let’s not forget Kobe not wanting to be here out of the draft.  The Hornets have to resign Kemba. 

This league is amazingly boring though,  seriously 

Anyone that doesn’t think us giving Kemba to a major market team is anything but total bullshet doesn’t get the problem.

Edited by Shocker

32 minutes ago, Shocker said:

Do you really believe any team in a minor market can compete?  That’s why we have to keep Kemba...we can’t complete, we become amazingly bad.  Be serious here man.  Tanking won’t work especially for the Hornets.

And let’s not forget Kobe not wanting to be here out of the draft.  The Hornets have to resign Kemba. 

This league is amazingly boring though,  seriously 

Anyone that doesn’t think us giving Kemba to a major market team is anything but total bullshet doesn’t get the problem.

I think the market thing is horse poo. Always has been. Golden State was a trash team for years. What happened? Drafted Steph, Klay, and Draymond...................

The Bulls were absolute garbage before they got MJ, what happened?

San Antonio was meh for years. Draft Duncan to pair with Robinson, get TP and Manu. 5 Titles later.........

Knicks are a bigger market and have been completely useless since Ewing left.

Celtics were trash for years before the Big 3 arrived, then after they left have taken years to become competitive again.

Lakers have been garbage two years before Kobe retired, and have been garbage since he left. 

What it comes down to is being able to Draft properly. The Nuggets & Bucks are both Top 2 in their Conferences respectively. Because they Drafted well.

Sixers are another example of a team that took forever to become good-great. 

Hornets haven't Drafted well, simple as that. Blame this all on MJ and Cho. Frank Kaminsky? I mean, really? MKG over Beal? The list goes on and on. 

Tanking works, and it's the only way to get better in this League. Problem is, we didn't have to tank, if we just Drafted smartly. Even getting Booker would've had us as one of the better teams in the East. But nope, we have Frank fuging Kaminsky. 

Edited by JakeDel5674

21 minutes ago, JakeDel5674 said:

I think the market thing is horse poo. Always has been. Golden State was a trash team for years. What happened? Drafted Steph, Klay, and Draymond...................

The Bulls were absolute garbage before they got MJ, what happened?

San Antonio was meh for years. Draft Duncan to pair with Robinson, get TP and Manu. 5 Titles later.........

Knicks are a bigger market and have been completely useless since Ewing left.

Celtics were trash for years before the Big 3 arrived, then after they left have taken years to become competitive again.

Lakers have been garbage two years before Kobe retired, and have been garbage since he left. 

What it comes down to is being able to Draft properly. The Nuggets & Bucks are both Top 2 in their Conferences respectively. Because they Drafted well.

Sixers are another example of a team that took forever to become good-great. 

Hornets haven't Drafted well, simple as that. Blame this all on MJ and Cho. Frank Kaminsky? I mean, really? MKG over Beal? The list goes on and on. 

Tanking works, and it's the only way to get better in this League. Problem is, we didn't have to tank, if we just Drafted smartly. Even getting Booker would've had us as one of the better teams in the East. But nope, we have Frank fuging Kaminsky. 

This!

Big markets do help sometime 

But not always.  If you build around the right way it doesnt matter.

Perfect example 

San Antonio vs New York the last 20 years

• Beer 2

This is going to get interesting

Ball is part of the package the Pelicans want of they were to trade AD to LA

2 hours ago, Shocker said:

Exactly...does anyone really give a damn about this product outside of the major markets?  What Milwaukee doesn’t know is they can’t ever win a championship.  Or any team for the most part unless they are “market” teams.  It is so stupid as a business model.

Basically back to the future.  Those Bucks vs 76ers games back in the day were amazing.  Man, it would be so easy to make this sport great.  Too many regular season games though.  Cut it back.

i dont know about that...would we consider Golden State a major market?...or San Antonio?or cleveland?...or miami?

agents and players run the league...agents set their guys up to get deals where they want

i will say this agents continually screw teams by holding them hostage to their stars by getting them more $$ than they deserve...ie nic batum

agents are just scum as far as im concerned

Edited by bull123

20 minutes ago, ncfan said:

This is going to get interesting

Ball is part of the package the Pelicans want of they were to trade AD to LA

i doubt the lakers care anything about what ball wants