Jump to content
Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

    Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Shocker

Trade Chatter

Recommended Posts

 

Looks like the Knicks are trying to join the mix for AD.

Wont be good if they land him.  Will be a big sell point for them trying to bring Kemba home

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


This really seems to be heading Lakers.  I honestly don’t respect Lebron chasing titles like this...ugg the NBA right now.

My opinion to fix this league...shorten the season...do away with the lottery and enforce the fuggin rules regardless of status.  Oh and move to divisions...that matter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Shocker said:

This really seems to be heading Lakers.  I honestly don’t respect Lebron chasing titles like this...ugg the NBA right now.

My opinion to fix this league...shorten the season...do away with the lottery and enforce the fuggin rules regardless of status.

lebron trying to get his coach fired too...he is GOAT, so he says

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, bull123 said:

lebron trying to get his coach fired too...he is GOAT, so he says

Exactly...does anyone really give a damn about this product outside of the major markets?  What Milwaukee doesn’t know is they can’t ever win a championship.  Or any team for the most part unless they are “market” teams.  It is so stupid as a business model.

Basically back to the future.  Those Bucks vs 76ers games back in the day were amazing.  Man, it would be so easy to make this sport great.  Too many regular season games though.  Cut it back.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, ncfan said:

I just dont see it

2 bigs like that on 1 team just doesnt work in todays league.  Both guys are true modern day Centers

2 studs down low but a weak backcourt and 3 spot

And ontop, when that trade went down, everyone was scratching.their heads because it was pretty much known that Cousins wanted that play somewhere else (Cleveland with Lebron, Washington with his buddy Wall, etc, not Nola)

Do you really believe any team in a minor market can compete?  That’s why we have to keep Kemba...we can’t complete, we become amazingly bad.  Be serious here man.  Tanking won’t work especially for the Hornets.

And let’s not forget Kobe not wanting to be here out of the draft.  The Hornets have to resign Kemba. 

This league is amazingly boring though,  seriously 

Anyone that doesn’t think us giving Kemba to a major market team is anything but total bullshet doesn’t get the problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Shocker said:

Do you really believe any team in a minor market can compete?  That’s why we have to keep Kemba...we can’t complete, we become amazingly bad.  Be serious here man.  Tanking won’t work especially for the Hornets.

And let’s not forget Kobe not wanting to be here out of the draft.  The Hornets have to resign Kemba. 

This league is amazingly boring though,  seriously 

Anyone that doesn’t think us giving Kemba to a major market team is anything but total bullshet doesn’t get the problem.

I think the market thing is horse poo. Always has been. Golden State was a trash team for years. What happened? Drafted Steph, Klay, and Draymond...................

The Bulls were absolute garbage before they got MJ, what happened?

San Antonio was meh for years. Draft Duncan to pair with Robinson, get TP and Manu. 5 Titles later.........

Knicks are a bigger market and have been completely useless since Ewing left.

Celtics were trash for years before the Big 3 arrived, then after they left have taken years to become competitive again.

Lakers have been garbage two years before Kobe retired, and have been garbage since he left. 

What it comes down to is being able to Draft properly. The Nuggets & Bucks are both Top 2 in their Conferences respectively. Because they Drafted well.

Sixers are another example of a team that took forever to become good-great. 

Hornets haven't Drafted well, simple as that. Blame this all on MJ and Cho. Frank Kaminsky? I mean, really? MKG over Beal? The list goes on and on. 

Tanking works, and it's the only way to get better in this League. Problem is, we didn't have to tank, if we just Drafted smartly. Even getting Booker would've had us as one of the better teams in the East. But nope, we have Frank fuging Kaminsky. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, JakeDel5674 said:

I think the market thing is horse poo. Always has been. Golden State was a trash team for years. What happened? Drafted Steph, Klay, and Draymond...................

The Bulls were absolute garbage before they got MJ, what happened?

San Antonio was meh for years. Draft Duncan to pair with Robinson, get TP and Manu. 5 Titles later.........

Knicks are a bigger market and have been completely useless since Ewing left.

Celtics were trash for years before the Big 3 arrived, then after they left have taken years to become competitive again.

Lakers have been garbage two years before Kobe retired, and have been garbage since he left. 

What it comes down to is being able to Draft properly. The Nuggets & Bucks are both Top 2 in their Conferences respectively. Because they Drafted well.

Sixers are another example of a team that took forever to become good-great. 

Hornets haven't Drafted well, simple as that. Blame this all on MJ and Cho. Frank Kaminsky? I mean, really? MKG over Beal? The list goes on and on. 

Tanking works, and it's the only way to get better in this League. Problem is, we didn't have to tank, if we just Drafted smartly. Even getting Booker would've had us as one of the better teams in the East. But nope, we have Frank fuging Kaminsky. 

This!

Big markets do help sometime 

But not always.  If you build around the right way it doesnt matter.

 

Perfect example 

San Antonio vs New York the last 20 years

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

This is going to get interesting

Ball is part of the package the Pelicans want of they were to trade AD to LA

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Shocker said:

Exactly...does anyone really give a damn about this product outside of the major markets?  What Milwaukee doesn’t know is they can’t ever win a championship.  Or any team for the most part unless they are “market” teams.  It is so stupid as a business model.

Basically back to the future.  Those Bucks vs 76ers games back in the day were amazing.  Man, it would be so easy to make this sport great.  Too many regular season games though.  Cut it back.

 

i dont know about that...would we consider Golden State a major market?...or San Antonio?or cleveland?...or miami?

agents and players run the league...agents set their guys up to get deals where they want

i will say this agents continually screw teams by holding them hostage to their stars by getting them more $$ than they deserve...ie nic batum

agents are just scum as far as im concerned

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, ncfan said:

 

This is going to get interesting

Ball is part of the package the Pelicans want of they were to trade AD to LA

 

i doubt the lakers care anything about what ball wants

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, SOJA said:

If we give up monk I'm going to be so pissed 

id trade him in a heartbeat if we could get something for him

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Shocker said:

Exactly...does anyone really give a damn about this product outside of the major markets?  What Milwaukee doesn’t know is they can’t ever win a championship.  Or any team for the most part unless they are “market” teams.  It is so stupid as a business model.

Basically back to the future.  Those Bucks vs 76ers games back in the day were amazing.  Man, it would be so easy to make this sport great.  Too many regular season games though.  Cut it back.

 

i disagree...oklahoma city & utah are just two examples of cities that love their teams...san antonio as well

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, bull123 said:

i doubt the lakers care anything about what ball wants

Lakers dont

But Pelicans may, and they are the ones dictating the trade because they have AD who the Lakers want. 

AD still has this yeat AND next on his contract before he can opt out.  Lavar throws a fit and says he doesn't want to go there and threatens to hold sot out or something.  When Pelicans want him as part of the package, they can just easily call off the deal.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, SOJA said:

If Kemba doesn't re-sign with us lol man we are fuged anyway. 

My gut feeling is he will, but even then- what's the future of this team

And this is why it sucks, but it's true...Kemba should be traded.  Or should've been last year so the All-Star game didn't essentially prevent it this year. There's no flexibility on this team going forward.  The reset button has to be hit unless Charlotte wants a 6 seed ceiling every year.  The best assets in Monk and Bridges aren't that valuable to anyone outside of Charlotte. 

Doubt they'd do it, but the Knicks unprotected 1st rounder for Kemba + fill in the blank would at least give the team hope and maybe Dolan would go for it.  They re-sign Kemba, take their run at Durant.  Charlotte hangs on to our own 1st, and could be looking at a Top 3 pick and another Top 10 pick in this draft. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



×
×
  • Create New...