Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Shocker

Trade Chatter

I'd put Kemba resigning at 90% with the only threat being the Lakers and possibly the Knicks.

For starters, the Hornets have Kemba's bird rights and can offer him a super max ($221M) deal if he lands on any of the three All-NBA teams. I don't care who you are, you ain't turning that type of money down. If he doesn't land on one of the All-NBA teams, the Hornets can still offer him a 5/$190, the most any other team could offer would be a 4/$140.

Now you have to start looking at not only who can afford Kemba but where would Kemba like to go. The guy has lost his entire career (no fault of his own) so you can etch any team that still wouldn't be a contender with Kemba from your notepad. 

Teams like the Warriors, Nuggets, Thunder, Blazers, Rockets, Spurs, Bucks, Celtics, Raptors, and Bucks won't be able to afford him and teams that can afford him like the Pacers and 76ers seem like less than desirable situations for Kemba to play (76ers) or live (Pacers).

The two teams that are a threat are two of the teams that are going after AD and I pray to God that the Knicks or Lakers don't land him. I don't see Kemba leaving $50M on the table to leave the Knicks as is but if you can sell him on a lineup of himself, Davis, and Porzingas then he may be inclined to head home. The Lakers are also a huge threat because like the Knicks they could fit both Davis and Kemba under the cap. Surely Kemba would leave to form a big three with LeBron and AD.

The sleeper in my opinion is Dallas and they already have shown interest in acquiring Kemba. They will have the cap space and they are in talks to acquire Blake Griffin (preliminary). Pairing Kemba with a lineup of Doncic, Barnes, Griffin, and Jordan (should he resign) could make the Mavs a top three team in the west. However, I'm convinced that Kemba won't head west unless he plans to join LeBron as he is the only thing stopping the Warriors from more championships.

In my opinion the AD saga could shed light on Kemba's future.

9 hours ago, MillionDollarCam said:

I'd put Kemba resigning at 90% with the only threat being the Lakers and possibly the Knicks.

For starters, the Hornets have Kemba's bird rights and can offer him a super max ($221M) deal if he lands on any of the three All-NBA teams. I don't care who you are, you ain't turning that type of money down. If he doesn't land on one of the All-NBA teams, the Hornets can still offer him a 5/$190, the most any other team could offer would be a 4/$140.

Now you have to start looking at not only who can afford Kemba but where would Kemba like to go. The guy has lost his entire career (no fault of his own) so you can etch any team that still wouldn't be a contender with Kemba from your notepad. 

Teams like the Warriors, Nuggets, Thunder, Blazers, Rockets, Spurs, Bucks, Celtics, Raptors, and Bucks won't be able to afford him and teams that can afford him like the Pacers and 76ers seem like less than desirable situations for Kemba to play (76ers) or live (Pacers).

The two teams that are a threat are two of the teams that are going after AD and I pray to God that the Knicks or Lakers don't land him. I don't see Kemba leaving $50M on the table to leave the Knicks as is but if you can sell him on a lineup of himself, Davis, and Porzingas then he may be inclined to head home. The Lakers are also a huge threat because like the Knicks they could fit both Davis and Kemba under the cap. Surely Kemba would leave to form a big three with LeBron and AD.

The sleeper in my opinion is Dallas and they already have shown interest in acquiring Kemba. They will have the cap space and they are in talks to acquire Blake Griffin (preliminary). Pairing Kemba with a lineup of Doncic, Barnes, Griffin, and Jordan (should he resign) could make the Mavs a top three team in the west. However, I'm convinced that Kemba won't head west unless he plans to join LeBron as he is the only thing stopping the Warriors from more championships.

In my opinion the AD saga could shed light on Kemba's future.

that is a lot of $$

Knicks seem to have the better offer for AD imo

Have seen rumors theyve courted the package of

Porzingis, Hardaway Jr, and their 1st round pick this year which is looking like it couod be top 3 this year

14 minutes ago, ncfan said:

Porzingis, Hardaway Jr, and their 1st round pick this year which is looking like it couod be top 3 this year

Wow, that is a rich package there.  I doubt the Lakers can match it.

28 minutes ago, ncfan said:

ball doesnt want to go to new orleans...still say that was a horrible draft pick for lakers

bet the lakers still try to swing a 3 way deal to dump him and still get AD...the GOAT calling the shots

11 minutes ago, bull123 said:

ball doesnt want to go to new orleans...still say that was a horrible draft pick for lakers

bet the lakers still try to swing a 3 way deal to dump him and still get AD...the GOAT calling the shots

Problem is the "finding a 3rd team"

There are red flags all over Ball.

With his people (Lavar) coming out and saying he doesnt want Lonzo to go to a team with a established PG.   Teams know, Lonzo comes, the circus comes with him.

He hasnt been great and his dad is going to be breathing down his neck for Lonzo to be The guy.

No other team out there has the power to keep Lavar quiet more than the Magic/Lebron duo.

I really believe that pick is really going to bite magic in the azz.  Going to be almost impossible to find a team to jump in and grab Lonzo with his dads demands.  While at the same time his dad coming out and making in known he doesn't want his son to go where they sre trying to trade him to acquire a superstar.  The Pelicans could get a sour taste and take a deal elsewhere via knicks ir celtics this summer

https://www.yardbarker.com/nba/articles/report_pelicans_shopped_mirotic_randle_moore/s1_14822_28317311

The Pelicans spent the weekend trying to trade Nikola Mirotic, Julius Randle and E’Twaun Moore in exchange for draft picks, ESPN’s Zach Lowe said on his weekly podcast (hat tip to Andrew Lopez of The Times-Picayune).

Randle for a 1st round pick + Frank?

Or we could flip Lamb for Randle.. I doubt we will be able to afford Lamb after we MAX Kemba in the offseason..

14 hours ago, bull123 said:

id trade him in a heartbeat if we could get something for him

andre drummond is not something imo 

56 minutes ago, Thelt said:

How about Batum, Frank, Monk and a protected first round pick to Washington for Porter?  Porter could play small forward or power foward for us.  He would be a huge upgrade for either position. 

wudnt give up monk for him - but Batum and Frank and a few 2nd rounders.. Porter's deal is one of the only contracts worse than Batum's..

20 hours ago, ncfan said:

Problem is the "finding a 3rd team"

There are red flags all over Ball.

With his people (Lavar) coming out and saying he doesnt want Lonzo to go to a team with a established PG.   Teams know, Lonzo comes, the circus comes with him.

He hasnt been great and his dad is going to be breathing down his neck for Lonzo to be The guy.

No other team out there has the power to keep Lavar quiet more than the Magic/Lebron duo.

I really believe that pick is really going to bite magic in the azz.  Going to be almost impossible to find a team to jump in and grab Lonzo with his dads demands.  While at the same time his dad coming out and making in known he doesn't want his son to go where they sre trying to trade him to acquire a superstar.  The Pelicans could get a sour taste and take a deal elsewhere via knicks ir celtics this summer

I bet nothing happens before trade deadline...too many good options for Pelicans this summer 

If I could just get one kick to Rich Cho's tiny nuts with a steel-toed boot.

22 hours ago, Thelt said:

How about Batum, Frank, Monk and a protected first round pick to Washington for Porter?  Porter could play small forward or power foward for us.  He would be a huge upgrade for either position. 

Monk > Porter

Hmmmm

The knicks Were interested in AD

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    pennywise

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • I kinda hate all the players projected to go around 12, rui isn't really an exception to that 
    • At pick 12 in the draft this guy is 100% worth the gamble 
    • Here is the thing, I know its quick to react.   But NBA and College are apples and oranges and almost 2 different sports. Little's game fits much better in the NBA. NBA is more like these HS AAU etc ball.  Which you saw Little Dominate. He came to UNC.  Who already had one of the best players in the country at the 3 and a AA at the 4.  They litterally tried to work him into the 4 small ball in college just to fit him on the court.  He has admitted that he even put on a little weight at UNC to fit in.  He's slimmed back down down to his natural weight to play the wing.   He is going to be locking up guys on the wing (which you saw him do to Zion etc in HS)  vs having to play on the block down low like he was playing at UNC guard Zion backing down in the paint