• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Shocker

Trade Chatter

32 minutes ago, SOJA said:

If we give up monk I'm going to be so pissed 

id trade him in a heartbeat if we could get something for him

2 hours ago, Shocker said:

Exactly...does anyone really give a damn about this product outside of the major markets?  What Milwaukee doesn’t know is they can’t ever win a championship.  Or any team for the most part unless they are “market” teams.  It is so stupid as a business model.

Basically back to the future.  Those Bucks vs 76ers games back in the day were amazing.  Man, it would be so easy to make this sport great.  Too many regular season games though.  Cut it back.

i disagree...oklahoma city & utah are just two examples of cities that love their teams...san antonio as well

36 minutes ago, bull123 said:

i doubt the lakers care anything about what ball wants

Lakers dont

But Pelicans may, and they are the ones dictating the trade because they have AD who the Lakers want. 

AD still has this yeat AND next on his contract before he can opt out.  Lavar throws a fit and says he doesn't want to go there and threatens to hold sot out or something.  When Pelicans want him as part of the package, they can just easily call off the deal.  

• Beer 1

11 hours ago, SOJA said:

If Kemba doesn't re-sign with us lol man we are fuged anyway. 

My gut feeling is he will, but even then- what's the future of this team

And this is why it sucks, but it's true...Kemba should be traded.  Or should've been last year so the All-Star game didn't essentially prevent it this year. There's no flexibility on this team going forward.  The reset button has to be hit unless Charlotte wants a 6 seed ceiling every year.  The best assets in Monk and Bridges aren't that valuable to anyone outside of Charlotte. 

Doubt they'd do it, but the Knicks unprotected 1st rounder for Kemba + fill in the blank would at least give the team hope and maybe Dolan would go for it.  They re-sign Kemba, take their run at Durant.  Charlotte hangs on to our own 1st, and could be looking at a Top 3 pick and another Top 10 pick in this draft. 

• Pie 1

I'd put Kemba resigning at 90% with the only threat being the Lakers and possibly the Knicks.

For starters, the Hornets have Kemba's bird rights and can offer him a super max ($221M) deal if he lands on any of the three All-NBA teams. I don't care who you are, you ain't turning that type of money down. If he doesn't land on one of the All-NBA teams, the Hornets can still offer him a 5/$190, the most any other team could offer would be a 4/$140.

Now you have to start looking at not only who can afford Kemba but where would Kemba like to go. The guy has lost his entire career (no fault of his own) so you can etch any team that still wouldn't be a contender with Kemba from your notepad. 

Teams like the Warriors, Nuggets, Thunder, Blazers, Rockets, Spurs, Bucks, Celtics, Raptors, and Bucks won't be able to afford him and teams that can afford him like the Pacers and 76ers seem like less than desirable situations for Kemba to play (76ers) or live (Pacers).

The two teams that are a threat are two of the teams that are going after AD and I pray to God that the Knicks or Lakers don't land him. I don't see Kemba leaving $50M on the table to leave the Knicks as is but if you can sell him on a lineup of himself, Davis, and Porzingas then he may be inclined to head home. The Lakers are also a huge threat because like the Knicks they could fit both Davis and Kemba under the cap. Surely Kemba would leave to form a big three with LeBron and AD.

The sleeper in my opinion is Dallas and they already have shown interest in acquiring Kemba. They will have the cap space and they are in talks to acquire Blake Griffin (preliminary). Pairing Kemba with a lineup of Doncic, Barnes, Griffin, and Jordan (should he resign) could make the Mavs a top three team in the west. However, I'm convinced that Kemba won't head west unless he plans to join LeBron as he is the only thing stopping the Warriors from more championships.

In my opinion the AD saga could shed light on Kemba's future.

• Pie 1

9 hours ago, MillionDollarCam said:

I'd put Kemba resigning at 90% with the only threat being the Lakers and possibly the Knicks.

For starters, the Hornets have Kemba's bird rights and can offer him a super max ($221M) deal if he lands on any of the three All-NBA teams. I don't care who you are, you ain't turning that type of money down. If he doesn't land on one of the All-NBA teams, the Hornets can still offer him a 5/$190, the most any other team could offer would be a 4/$140.

Now you have to start looking at not only who can afford Kemba but where would Kemba like to go. The guy has lost his entire career (no fault of his own) so you can etch any team that still wouldn't be a contender with Kemba from your notepad. 

Teams like the Warriors, Nuggets, Thunder, Blazers, Rockets, Spurs, Bucks, Celtics, Raptors, and Bucks won't be able to afford him and teams that can afford him like the Pacers and 76ers seem like less than desirable situations for Kemba to play (76ers) or live (Pacers).

The two teams that are a threat are two of the teams that are going after AD and I pray to God that the Knicks or Lakers don't land him. I don't see Kemba leaving $50M on the table to leave the Knicks as is but if you can sell him on a lineup of himself, Davis, and Porzingas then he may be inclined to head home. The Lakers are also a huge threat because like the Knicks they could fit both Davis and Kemba under the cap. Surely Kemba would leave to form a big three with LeBron and AD.

The sleeper in my opinion is Dallas and they already have shown interest in acquiring Kemba. They will have the cap space and they are in talks to acquire Blake Griffin (preliminary). Pairing Kemba with a lineup of Doncic, Barnes, Griffin, and Jordan (should he resign) could make the Mavs a top three team in the west. However, I'm convinced that Kemba won't head west unless he plans to join LeBron as he is the only thing stopping the Warriors from more championships.

In my opinion the AD saga could shed light on Kemba's future.

that is a lot of $$

Knicks seem to have the better offer for AD imo

Have seen rumors theyve courted the package of

Porzingis, Hardaway Jr, and their 1st round pick this year which is looking like it couod be top 3 this year

Edited by ncfan
  • Pie 1

14 minutes ago, ncfan said:

Porzingis, Hardaway Jr, and their 1st round pick this year which is looking like it couod be top 3 this year

Wow, that is a rich package there.  I doubt the Lakers can match it.

28 minutes ago, ncfan said:

ball doesnt want to go to new orleans...still say that was a horrible draft pick for lakers

bet the lakers still try to swing a 3 way deal to dump him and still get AD...the GOAT calling the shots

11 minutes ago, bull123 said:

ball doesnt want to go to new orleans...still say that was a horrible draft pick for lakers

bet the lakers still try to swing a 3 way deal to dump him and still get AD...the GOAT calling the shots

Problem is the "finding a 3rd team"

There are red flags all over Ball.

With his people (Lavar) coming out and saying he doesnt want Lonzo to go to a team with a established PG.   Teams know, Lonzo comes, the circus comes with him.

He hasnt been great and his dad is going to be breathing down his neck for Lonzo to be The guy.

No other team out there has the power to keep Lavar quiet more than the Magic/Lebron duo.

I really believe that pick is really going to bite magic in the azz.  Going to be almost impossible to find a team to jump in and grab Lonzo with his dads demands.  While at the same time his dad coming out and making in known he doesn't want his son to go where they sre trying to trade him to acquire a superstar.  The Pelicans could get a sour taste and take a deal elsewhere via knicks ir celtics this summer

Edited by ncfan

https://www.yardbarker.com/nba/articles/report_pelicans_shopped_mirotic_randle_moore/s1_14822_28317311

The Pelicans spent the weekend trying to trade Nikola Mirotic, Julius Randle and E’Twaun Moore in exchange for draft picks, ESPN’s Zach Lowe said on his weekly podcast (hat tip to Andrew Lopez of The Times-Picayune).

Randle for a 1st round pick + Frank?

Or we could flip Lamb for Randle.. I doubt we will be able to afford Lamb after we MAX Kemba in the offseason..

Edited by bLACKpANTHER

14 hours ago, bull123 said:

id trade him in a heartbeat if we could get something for him

andre drummond is not something imo 

• Beer 1

Everyone seems focused on trading for a big man.  I think we have bigger issues with our wings.  Biz has filled in nicely.  Willy is also contributing.  When Cody gets back I think we are set at center.  Batum does almost nothing and Lamb is in his final year.  Monk is a bad fit next to Kemba. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1