Jump to content
Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

    Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

GeorgeHanson

Anthony Davis will not sign an extension w/ the Pelicans.

Recommended Posts



couple of firsts monk, frank + throw in.

We need a super star to pair with Kemba to turn this team around. If we have those two it will attract other good players to want to play here. He should have been a Hornet to begin with but we got screwed. For that matter give them MKG too and get rid of that money

Either act like you want to win and go for it MJ or rebuild... again. Quit with this mediocre bs

Edited by Daddy_Uncle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Daddy_Uncle said:

couple of firsts monk, frank + throw in.

We need a super star to pair with Kemba to turn this team around. If we have those two it will attract other good players to want to play here. He should have been a Hornet to begin with but we got screwed. For that matter give them MKG too and get rid of that money

Either act like you want to win and go for it MJ or rebuild... again. Quit with this mediocre bs

I like your idea in terms of the players involved.

That said, my concern is would A.D. agree to stay here over the long-run?

The Pelicans/Hornets have better ownership than the Bobcats/Hornets and have been unable to hold onto super-stars like CP3 and A.D., don't think our odds are very good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He still has this year AND next though before he can opt out though. 

So he is under contract until atleast 2020

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GeorgeHanson said:

I like your idea in terms of the players involved.

That said, my concern is would A.D. agree to stay here over the long-run?

The Pelicans/Hornets have better ownership than the Bobcats/Hornets and have been unable to hold onto super-stars like CP3 and A.D., don't think our odds are very good.

I wouldn't say better. If anything they are equally as bad. The Hornets may have the edge because they have actually held on to their only true superstar player. There were reports at the time that AD actually wanted to play for Michael Jordan because he grew up in Chicago. The Pelicans are not that bad but they are still barely making the playoffs in the West so I can see why he would want to leave.

Edited by Piff

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Thelt said:

We would all love to have AD but I see no way it happens.  He is forcing his way to LA so he can join Lebron and form another super team.  Kemba is great but we can't compete with that.  I know AD should not be able to control it until his contract is up but that not how the league really works.  The stars have the power.  Look at how Butler was able to force his way out of Minnesota.

He still has another year left on his contract. The Pelicans still hold all the cards because they don't have to trade him now. They can revisit this same time next year if they want. Jimmy forced his way out by being disruptive and killing the team chemistry. Kwahi forced his way out by not playing or talking to the Spurs and they still didn't give him what he wanted. I don't see AD going that route to force a trade. The agent is using the media to force them to trade.

Edited by Piff

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Piff said:

  The Pelicans still hold all the cards because they don't have to trade him now.  They can revisit this same time next year if they want.

The longer they wait, the less they'll get for him. This time next year, the guy is a 5-month rental on the verge of free agency.  If his heart is really set on LA, they can get him for nothing.

They don't have to trade him this season, but it probably needs to be done before next season starts.

Edited by djp14

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Piff said:

I wouldn't say better. If anything they are equally as bad. The Hornets may have the edge because they have actually held on to their only true superstar player. There were reports at the time that AD actually wanted to play for Michael Jordan because he grew up in Chicago. The Pelicans are not that bad but they are still barely making the playoffs in the West so I can see why he would want to leave.

Are you talking about the Bobcats here?  Or the Hornets?  Not sure which player you are referencing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, GeorgeHanson said:

Are you talking about the Bobcats here?  Or the Hornets?  Not sure which player you are referencing.

I'm talking about the Bobcats/Hornets franchise. Kemba Walker has been their only true superstar and they've retained him so far. New Orleans ownership hasn't been that good since the Bensons took over 7 years ago and they've lost some good players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Piff said:

I'm talking about the Bobcats/Hornets franchise. Kemba Walker has been their only true superstar and they've retained him so far. New Orleans ownership hasn't been that good since the Bensons took over 7 years ago and they've lost some good players.

First thing, Kemba's a nice little player and a quality guy with a great attitude, but he ain't no superstar...not even close.  A.D. and CP3 are (or were) legitimate superstars.

Second, Kemba has only been in the league 1 more year than A.D. .  Kemba has signed 7 years worth of contracts with the Bobcats, same as A.D. signed with the Hornets/Pelicans.  

Pelicans won a round in the West last year, VERY hard to do.  This is MJ's 13th season since taking complete control of all Bobcats basketball ops and the team has never won a round in the lowly East.

A.D. wants to play for an owner who can help him win a Championship....doesn't matter where they are from.  Chances he comes to Charlotte are exactly 0%.  

Chances Kemba leaves Charlotte are....your thoughts?

Why would he stay?  Are there any logical reasons why he would do so? 

 

Edited by GeorgeHanson

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, GeorgeHanson said:

First thing, Kemba's a nice little player and a quality guy with a great attitude, but he ain't no superstar...not even close.  A.D. and CP3 are (or were) legitimate superstars.

Second, Kemba has only been in the league 1 more year than A.D. .  Kemba has signed 7 years worth of contracts with the Bobcats, same as A.D. signed with the Hornets/Pelicans.  

Pelicans won a round in the West last year, VERY hard to do.  This is MJ's 13th season since taking complete control of all Bobcats basketball ops and the team has never won a round in the lowly East.

A.D. wants to play for an owner who can help him win a Championship....doesn't matter where they are from.  Chances he comes to Charlotte are exactly 0%.  

Chances Kemba leaves Charlotte are....your thoughts?

Why would he stay?  Are there any logical reasons why he would do so? 

 

Kemba has reached that level this year. He is becoming one of the best PGs in the league. He has needed help on the offensive end for years. He hasn't had a consistent scorer to run with so he carries the whole load. I actually believe Kemba wants to stay here but it depends on the moves made between now and this offseason. It would be hard for him to turn down a supermax contract if he becomes eligible.  

You are forgetting about New Orleans having Demarcus Cousins as a rental. They lost him when they wanted to keep him. Eric Gordon is not a superstar but he is a very good player that rejected a deal from New Orleans. The Pelicans made the playoffs last year but they are at the bottom of the West this season. Their ownership is not that much better. They just had better "luck" with landing the #1 pick. Now he is publicly demanding a trade. I wasn't saying the Hornets should make a play for AD or that they could sign him. I was just stating that he did want to play for MJ before he was drafted. 

Edited by Piff

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Piff said:

Kemba has reached that level this year. He is becoming one of the best PGs in the league. He has needed help on the offensive end for years. He hasn't had a consistent scorer to run with so he carries the whole load. I actually believe Kemba wants to stay here but it depends on the moves made between now and this offseason. It would be hard for him to turn down a supermax contract if he becomes eligible.  

You are forgetting about New Orleans having Demarcus Cousins as a rental. They lost him when they wanted to keep him. Eric Gordon is not a superstar but he is a very good player that rejected a deal from New Orleans. The Pelicans made the playoffs last year but they are at the bottom of the West this season. Their ownership is not that much better. They just had better "luck" with landing the #1 pick. Now he is publicly demanding a trade. I wasn't saying the Hornets should make a play for AD or that they could sign him. I was just stating that he did want to play for MJ before he was drafted. 

Kemba is not a superstar.  Again, great little player, super duper guy, SOLID citizen....def not a superstar.

Between them those other two have 7 All-NBA 1st Team selections (and 11 All-NBA selections overall)....12 All-NBA Defensive selections (including seven 1st Team selections for CP3)....both were NBA All-Rookie 1st team... CP3 was NBA Rookie-of-the-Year while A.D. is a 3-time NBA Blocks leader. 

Personally I think the All-Star game is a joke and place no credence in it or the selection process, but,  between them those 2 have 14 All-Star appearances and each has an All-Star Game MVP to their credit.

Kemba's never been selected to All-NBA anything and all 3 of his All-Star game selections have an asterisk by them.

You're right, the Benson's haven't lit the world on fire as owners of the Hornets/Pelicans but they are still more qualified and capable than Michael Jordan....if they can't keep superstars, we sure aren't going to attract one.

Do you think Kemba will stay?  Should he?

5-years for $189,000,000 would be the max-deal Jordan can offer, would that be smart?  If Kemba gets voted All-NBA at any level that number goes to $221,000,000 for the 5-years.

That a good idea?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, GeorgeHanson said:

Kemba is not a superstar.  Again, great little player, super duper guy, SOLID citizen....def not a superstar.

Between them those other two have 7 All-NBA 1st Team selections (and 11 All-NBA selections overall)....12 All-NBA Defensive selections (including seven 1st Team selections for CP3)....both were NBA All-Rookie 1st team... CP3 was NBA Rookie-of-the-Year while A.D. is a 3-time NBA Blocks leader. 

Personally I think the All-Star game is a joke and place no credence in it or the selection process, but,  between them those 2 have 14 All-Star appearances and each has an All-Star Game MVP to their credit.

Kemba's never been selected to All-NBA anything and all 3 of his All-Star game selections have an asterisk by them.

You're right, the Benson's haven't lit the world on fire as owners of the Hornets/Pelicans but they are still more qualified and capable than Michael Jordan....if they can't keep superstars, we sure aren't going to attract one.

Do you think Kemba will stay?  Should he?

5-years for $189,000,000 would be the max-deal Jordan can offer, would that be smart?  If Kemba gets voted All-NBA at any level that number goes to $221,000,000 for the 5-years.

That a good idea?

Kemba is coming into his own and his improvement each season is proof of that. He may not have made an All NBA team yet but I don't think he is far from making it. There are some great PGs in the league. Like I said previously, I think Kemba stays if the front office makes the right moves. Trading for a player like Bradley Beal or that caliber could be the difference. Somebody who can consistently score and take the pressure off Kemba. I'm not sure if they will pull it off but I won't count Mitch Kupchak out on making a deal. Kemba is worth paying the max if they can get complimentary pieces around him. It all depends on what deals could be made.

Edited by Piff

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Piff said:

Kemba is coming into his own and his improvement each season is proof of that. He may not have made an All NBA team yet but I don't think he is far from making it. There are some great PGs in the league. Like I said previously, I think Kemba stays if the front office makes the right moves. Trading for a player like Bradley Beal or that caliber could be the difference. Somebody who can consistently score and take the pressure off Kemba. I'm not sure if they will pull it off but I won't count Mitch Kupchak out on making a deal. Kemba is worth paying the max if they can get complimentary pieces around him. It all depends on what deals could be made.

Agree, Kemba is "coming into his own".

Agree, he might make an All-NBA team this year.

Agree, there are some great point guards in the league.

None of that puts Kemba in the superstar category, he's not.

So you think Bradley Beal + a $221,000,000 5-year deal for Kemba is what they should do?

To be honest, I have zero faith in Michael Jordan "pulling off" anything "difference" making on the deal making front -- ever.  (and let's be clear, Kupchak has no autonomy, MJ still calls the shots....and there-in lay the problem)

Kemba would be a fool to stick around.

 

Edited by GeorgeHanson
  • Poo 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...