Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jesse

Julius Peppers Announces Retirement

Another thing I want to say ahout Julius. What you saw is what you got. For the one person in here crushing him for something that happened over a decade ago, at least he never pretended to be something he wasnt. That’s more than you can say about a lot of other panther players. He was the same person in all situations over 17 years.

Good on him. Nothing left to prove, and awesome on him for doing the right thing and hanging it up. 

Now if only TD could have been wise enough to do the same. Nah...he wants to play until his head and body is mush, and live like a cripple ass old man when his kids need him the most. 

And this dude above talking about getting these other players a ring? Peppers came home to retire. 89 didn't and wont. TD has just enough gas in the tank to fool an old man into injury....and he wont retire a panther. Both had their chance. S. Smith didn't accomplish any greater status in the HoF than if he had retired here. TD also wont break any records if he goes on to play elsewhere. 

Back to Peppers though. Nice to see ppl here giving him respect. The amount of hate he got here for leaving was bad ( though ironically people seem ok with TD doing the exact same)

Peppers is up for man of the year due to his efforts with the Hurricane Victims

NFL needs to do the right thing and just give it to Pep now, no matter the stupid fan twitter poll

Like most players in the NFL Peppers had ups and downs. I admit being salty about the way he left the first time and his periods of poor production and motivation at times. I was excited for him to return and retire where he started and am happy he went out on his terms.

A few comments. I said at the time that the game versus New Orleans was important because it was the last time we would see several Panther legends play as a Panther which now include Davis, Kalil, and Peppers. (Thank goodness Cam isn't on that list too).

Secondly I wonder if the get younger approach impacted the decision as we move on from our older players (How much his choice and how much Hurney despite comments it was up to him). And I wonder if moving to a hybrid 3-4 might have impacted his decision as well.

I was a junior in High School when Peppers was drafted. Loved watching him play as a high schooler and still as an adult in my 30s. Thanks for the memories Pep! 

I’m not crying, you’re crying dammit haha

just another great that missed out on a ring because of our pursuit for continuity.

thanks for giving us hope, pep, and for coming home. wish we could have finished your career winning.

Very mixed emotions here. 

Sad to see him go, but It was time, unfortunately.  He got out on his own terms (we hope), with his health, sanity, and his dignity.  Not many players can manage that even in half the time.

He'll always be wearing a Panthers' jersey in my mind.