Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

PhillyB

I made a movie called Point Man and it finally released today

Congrats!   I'll make sure to get it of Amazon or itunes and give it a view

• Pie 1

Congrats, man! I remember sitting down with you when this first started out. You had some damned big goals but there was a bit of magic in your craziness. You really, really did something there!

• Beer 1

@PhillyB You did something few have ever done. No one can ever take that away from you.

You're counted among the ranks of greats like Tommy Wiseau, Don Dohler, Ed Wood, Amir Shervan, David Prior, the incomparable Len Kabasinski, and countless more.

And I'm only half joking by invoking the names of some of the worst filmmakers of all time (or best, depending on your point of view). Because at the end of the day, they - and now our very own Philly B - were faced the unfathomable complexity, the seemingly insurmountable difficulty, endless strain and stress, pain and heartbreak, anguish, overwhelming hopelessness and sheer fugging joy it takes to get a movie made and distributed. And they fugging did it!

Haters take note; what the fug have you done?

Phil, congratulations! You're the envy of oh so many, myself included. And you should be proud every day of what you accomplished.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

Dude,...

Respect.

Sounds like a page out of the Black Sheep Squadron or Oceans 11 to get it all done.

Edited by JARROD
  • Beer 1

Congrats bud. I've really enjoyed following the journey, and wish you nothing but future success.

• Beer 1

17 minutes ago, Captroop said:

@PhillyB You did something few have ever done. No one can ever take that away from you.

You're counted among the ranks of greats like Tommy Wiseau, Don Dohler, Ed Wood, Amir Shervan, David Prior, the incomparable Len Kabasinski, and countless more.

And I'm only half joking by invoking the names of some of the worst filmmakers of all time (or best, depending on your point of view). Because at the end of the day, they - and now our very own Philly B - were faced the unfathomable complexity, the seemingly insurmountable difficulty, endless strain and stress, pain and heartbreak, anguish, overwhelming hopelessness and sheer fugging joy it takes to get a movie made and distributed. And they fugging did it!

Haters take note; what the fug have you done?

Phil, congratulations! You're the envy of oh so many, myself included. And you should be proud every day of what you accomplished.

all undeserved superlatives aside (i truly have accomplished nothing yet) i am absolutely amazed that we did actually make it this far. i am as unqualified for this as anyone ever has been for everything. i had never made a film before in my entire life, not even a short film. jumping into a feature is unheard of. getting distribution on a first feature is unheard of. we had a one in a million chance (probably literally) of this thing being a success and somehow hit those odds to get here.

i still remember my first day on set. everything had been a series of successes up to that point, from getting 4000+ people to submit to the auditions to arranging the logistics to shoot with the helicopter. nothing but affirmation. then i stepped up with the film slate, everything on set, actors decked out, everyone sitting in the chopper... and realized i had no fuging clue how to call the slate. i didn't know the nomenclature, command order, buttfuging nothing. i had about a three-second existential implosion internally, wondering what the fuging fug i had just gotten myself into, then took a deep breath and improvised.

the key to overcoming imposter syndrome is realizing everyone else has it too.

• Pie 4

@Jeremy Igo thanks for moving and pinning!

for those of you kind enough to stream it on amazon: if you enjoy it, would you be so kind as to leave a brief written review when you're done? this helps enormously with amazon rankings in our effort to top the new release charts and pick up as much exposure as possible.

• Pie 2