Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

YoungPanthers89

Are We Trading for Marc Gasol?

1 minute ago, ncfan said:

Gasol is good

But is older

And 2, has a big contract.  So just even less space going forward in trying to resign Kemba, and any shot at resigning Lamb.

Plus mortgaging a 1st, when some are saying. This is going to be one of the better draft classes.

Thatd be too steep.

Taking Batum along with with to alleviate cap space would be worth the 1st

THE ONLY WAY a smart owner and GM get rid of that first round pick in a trade for Gasol is if Batum is sent packing as well.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

7 minutes ago, ncfan said:

Gasol is good

But is older

And 2, has a big contract.  So just even less space going forward in trying to resign Kemba, and any shot at resigning Lamb.

Plus mortgaging a 1st, when some are saying. This is going to be one of the better draft classes.

Thatd be too steep.

Taking Batum along with with to alleviate cap space would be worth the 1st

I will say this...if we get Gasol for Biz, Frank and a few 2nd rounders that is a steal IMO.  Gasol is old, true, but still damn effective.

Edited by Shocker

Just now, Shocker said:

I will say this...if we Gasol for Biz, Frank and a few 2nd rounders that is a steal IMO.  Gasol is old, true, but still damn effective.

That would be a great trade. Anything over that is too much and selling your future away for a center that has a few good years left.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, Shocker said:

I will say this...if we get Gasol for Biz, Frank and a few 2nd rounders that is a steal IMO.  Gasol is old, true, but still damn effective.

Thatd be a good trade 

First would just be too much without them taking our bad contract.

Id say Biz, Bacon, Frank for 2 2nds.  May have to throw in Lamb.

But thatd be a win

we need to make a move for an allstar-fringe-type player.. we need to show Kemba we are serious about winning.. if throwing in a 1st rounder gets us rid of Biz's contract and nets us Gasol - we do it..

stop bitching about the garbage rookie player with hidden potential that turns out to be a bench role player after we hang on for 4-5 years..

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, bLACKpANTHER said:

we need to make a move for an allstar-fringe-type player.. we need to show Kemba we are serious about winning.. if throwing in a 1st rounder gets us rid of Biz's contract and nets us Gasol - we do it..

stop bitching about the garbage rookie player with hidden potential that turns out to be a bench role player after we hang on for 4-5 years..

A 34 year old CENTER. Jordan  is not patient. Every year it is win now. Even with Gasol at best we are 5th in the east MAYBE 4th. A bounce in the first or second round at best. Rinse and repeat. I believe that is great for moral victories but not for being a serious contender.

Edited by OldNorthPowell

These threads are fairly predictable...tankers and serious Hornets fans that want them to get better now instead waiting on a hypothetical 5 year tank that has no guarantee of working.

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, OldNorthPowell said:

A 34 year old CENTER. Jordan  is not patient. Every year it is win now. Even with Gasol at best we are 5th in the east MAYBE 4th. A bounce in the first or second round at best. Rinse and repeat. I believe that is great for moral victories but not for being a serious contender.

you do realize there is a team out there made up of KD, Steph, Klay, Green and Boogie rite?

if we make it to the 2nd round and get bounced - that would be absolutely huge for us..

• Cargos 1

Just now, bLACKpANTHER said:

you do realize there is a team out there made up of KD, Steph, Klay, Green and Boogie rite?

if we make it to the 2nd round and get bounced - that would be absolutely huge for us..

So, moral victories instead of building a legitimate contender? A rental on a few 4th or 5th finishes in the east for a few years, then a rebuild? Just postponing the inevitable. I guess I just expect too much of a professional organization. It is what it is though, none of us are controlling this crap show.

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, OldNorthPowell said:

So, moral victories instead of building a legitimate contender? A rental on a few 4th or 5th finishes in the east for a few years, then a rebuild? Just postponing the inevitable. I guess I just expect too much of a professional organization. It is what it is though, none of us are controlling this crap show.

Tanking is the definition of an unprofessional front office.  You have this all backwards.

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

I agree with Powell.. Gasol for Biz, Frank and a 2nd is okay.. If they want a 1st they want Batum as well.. If we give up a draft pick without Batum's contract than we're stupid.. If we give up monk or Bridges for a 34 year old center we're stupid..

• Beer 2

4 minutes ago, Shocker said:

These threads are fairly predictable...tankers and serious Hornets fans that want them to get better now instead waiting on a hypothetical 5 year tank that has no guarantee of working.

You mean, tanking for a player like Zion or Barrett? Ya know, players that will be better than Kemba. But, okay, sure man. 

1 minute ago, Shocker said:

Tanking is the definition of an unprofessional front office.  You have this all backwards.

Tanking is the definition of smart. Because your team is in the dead zone otherwise. Sorry, that's borderline moronic. 

This is America, not Europe. Where you're awarded for sucking ass. Unlike in Europe where you drop down to a lower level league. Just LOL at this.